Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pumping Iron etc

(08-20-2019, 03:51 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 02:53 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Yeah forgot about the mental clarity. It's like taking the NZT stuff Bradley Cooper took in Limitless.
And yeah, anavar is done in conjunction with other gear that helps you get to you optimal BF for a cut. Good call on it being a finisher.

I've actually seen these so-called healthy supps that mimic gear from a site called crazybulk.com. They have most of the same ingredients and they sell cycle stacks for bulking and cutting. Example, the anavar clone is called anavol or anaval or something like that. I looked into the site a few months ago, but I didn't pull the trigger. I'm not trying to get into a competition. I'm at 18-20% BF at 5'11" 220, sometimes 230 depending on the time of year and how hard I'm training. I'm totally fine with that at 42...

And Ski, one thing that I forgot to mention when it comes to clean eating. Something Mack said about gyno that jogged my memory. As a male approaching his 40's, you should avoid soy. It is an estrogen receptor. And while I know you don't drink, males should avoid or reduce consumption of hoppy beers for that same reason. Hops are an estrogen receptor. I don't drink IPAs like I used to, but not because of this. IPAs are done. There's nothing new to discover, except for added flavor experimentation, but a BASE IPA here in the states has a dedicated flavor profile now. I've always been a fan of stouts and porters, but only drank them in cooler months. Now I drink them year round. Yet another reason why I will never be single digits in BF. I love good food too much...

Roids or not, abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. I know guys in their 20s on gear who eat like shit but run so much test and winny that they still have visible abs, but at our ages its all about diet.

It takes jogging like 12 miles to burn the calories of a Whopper. So just dont eat the Whopper. Then theres nothing to burn off. Intermittent fasting will get you much better reults than eating "clean" all day. Fasting is great for basically every body function you can think of. Just takes discipline.

IF is great, no doubt there. and you're spot on about abs being made in the kitchen. You can do clean IF and reap the benefits of both. It's great for mental clarity, blood sugar regulatino, etc. There is not ONE THING wrong health wise with IF, just the urge to not eat for 16 hours when you are first adjusting.

(08-21-2019, 07:27 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 03:51 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Roids or not, abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. I know guys in their 20s on gear who eat like shit but run so much test and winny that they still have visible abs, but at our ages its all about diet.

It takes jogging like 12 miles to burn the calories of a Whopper. So just dont eat the Whopper. Then theres nothing to burn off. Intermittent fasting will get you much better reults than eating "clean" all day. Fasting is great for basically every body function you can think of. Just takes discipline.

IF is great, no doubt there. and you're spot on about abs being made in the kitchen. You can do clean IF and reap the benefits of both. It's great for mental clarity, blood sugar regulatino, etc. There is not ONE THING wrong health wise with IF, just the urge to not eat for 16 hours when you are first adjusting.

Its incredible what it does to your senses as well. If you can get to around 5 days on a fast something changes in you. You hear and smell better, you track movement like a hawk. You can step outside and smell what the house down the street is cooking and that they put too many onions in the sauce. Youre whole body becomes hyper tuned to your surroundings as you are now essentially in survival mode.

I always get a good laugh when I hear someone say "man Im STARVING!". I tell them if youve never been at a point where you saw a squirrel and legitimately thought to yourself "I wonder what that tastes like?", then youve never REALLY been hungry.

(08-21-2019, 08:32 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 07:27 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: IF is great, no doubt there. and you're spot on about abs being made in the kitchen. You can do clean IF and reap the benefits of both. It's great for mental clarity, blood sugar regulatino, etc. There is not ONE THING wrong health wise with IF, just the urge to not eat for 16 hours when you are first adjusting.

Its incredible what it does to your senses as well. If you can get to around 5 days on a fast something changes in you. You hear and smell better, you track movement like a hawk. You can step outside and smell what the house down the street is cooking and that they put too many onions in the sauce. Youre whole body becomes hyper tuned to your surroundings as you are now essentially in survival mode.

I always get a good laugh when I hear someone say "man Im STARVING!". I tell them if youve never been at a point where you saw a squirrel and legitimately think to yourself "I wonder what that tastes like?", then youve never REALLY been hungry.

I can't do 5 days. Let's be serious, too. No one who strength trains can do 5 days. Your mind and body would completely shut down. I know if you are sedentary, or not lifting, it can be done.

I do 16/8 and sometimes 20/4 IF here and there for a couple months at a time. It's great. And yeah, I know you can do IF forever, but as I mentioned, I love food too much to make that a full blown lifestyle choice.

(08-21-2019, 09:37 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 08:32 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Its incredible what it does to your senses as well. If you can get to around 5 days on a fast something changes in you. You hear and smell better, you track movement like a hawk. You can step outside and smell what the house down the street is cooking and that they put too many onions in the sauce. Youre whole body becomes hyper tuned to your surroundings as you are now essentially in survival mode.

I always get a good laugh when I hear someone say "man Im STARVING!". I tell them if youve never been at a point where you saw a squirrel and legitimately think to yourself "I wonder what that tastes like?", then youve never REALLY been hungry.

I can't do 5 days. Let's be serious, too. No one who strength trains can do 5 days. Your mind and body would completely shut down. I know if you are sedentary, or not lifting, it can be done.

I do 16/8 and sometimes 20/4 IF here and there for a couple months at a time. It's great. And yeah, I know you can do IF forever, but as I mentioned, I love food too much to make that a full blown lifestyle choice.

No you cant really do ANY exercise past 2 days. But thats not the point of going that far out. If you are over 20% bf or are willing to give up 5-8% muscle mass after a bulk a long fast works great.

It essentially reboots your entire body. All your current and old white blood cells will be killed off and replaced with brand new ones. Youre plasma reboots. And your body will actually start to consume shit like scar tissue and all the other toxins in your body.

It will also stop cancer. Tumors feed on glucose. So you can essentially starve cancer to death within your own body. After the initial fast just cut carbs and all glucose and its impossible for the tumor to grow. Then after another fast your body will consume the tumor itself for fuel.

I typically only eat 1 meal a day, it works well for my metabolism. I try to stay under 1500 calories a day total, so unless I really go off the deep end and have a cheat day, its pretty easy to obtain. If I get hungry during the day, I just eat a granola bar or some yogurt, something like that.

I actually found a benchset in my basement that I got as a gift a few years back and will be putting it together in the coming weeks. Then I will start lifting a bit and see how the back responds.

(08-21-2019, 06:04 PM)dizee Wrote: I typically only eat 1 meal a day, it works well for my metabolism. I try to stay under 1500 calories a day total, so unless I really go off the deep end and have a cheat day, its pretty easy to obtain. If I get hungry during the day, I just eat a granola bar or some yogurt, something like that.

I actually found a benchset in my basement that I got as a gift a few years back and will be putting it together in the coming weeks. Then I will start lifting a bit and see how the back responds.

You might want to look into getting an inversion table. I had a buddy with some pretty bad back problems and he said it really helped. Gotta stretch that shit out.

(08-21-2019, 06:04 PM)dizee Wrote: I typically only eat 1 meal a day, it works well for my metabolism. I try to stay under 1500 calories a day total, so unless I really go off the deep end and have a cheat day, its pretty easy to obtain. If I get hungry during the day, I just eat a granola bar or some yogurt, something like that.

Yea eating all your calories i 1 meal vs throughout the day is how we were designed to feed our bodies. There werent snacks going on all day during our evolution. There were hours and hours and sometimes days of hunting and then stuffing yourself with Wooly Mammoth.