Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO:Com [Initial release]

(03-09-2019, 05:30 PM)PRE_-CISION-_ Wrote: Pretty cool for those who still play I'd bet. I'm personally waiting for the day where someone sort of "unpacks" socom 2 into a legit pc port with brand new severs and custom content controlled by the new "devs". Like we have to be close to that right? Like reverse engineer and relaunch that puppy.

I don't think anyone wants to deal with the lawsuits that would come from that.

(03-09-2019, 07:49 PM)1UP Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 05:30 PM)PRE_-CISION-_ Wrote: Pretty cool for those who still play I'd bet. I'm personally waiting for the day where someone sort of "unpacks" socom 2 into a legit pc port with brand new severs and custom content controlled by the new "devs". Like we have to be close to that right? Like reverse engineer and relaunch that puppy.

I don't think anyone wants to deal with the lawsuits that would come from that.

I fail to see where porting the game with mods would invite more scrutiny than emulating it with custom patches.

(03-10-2019, 05:03 PM)hitman Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 07:49 PM)1UP Wrote: I don't think anyone wants to deal with the lawsuits that would come from that.

I fail to see where porting the game with mods would invite more scrutiny than emulating it with custom patches.

When you said unpack to me that says, rip the assets from the game. Emulation isn't illegal by any means since the code itself doesn't infringe on anyone's IP. However distributing the game itself would. The patch itself is more or less the same deal.

So a bit of an update on this. It's not been abandoned but just haven't really been working on it. Since the release of SVDL , I dropped the chat support from it since there really isn't a need for it however private messages will still be a thing.

I've been doing some thinking on what exactly I want this to track and I have come up with the following:
  • Standard stats the used to be on the online profile for a player.
  • Gun stats  - This would show how many kills you have with each weapon
  • Game Statistics - This would be a break down of each game you played. So lets say you played crossroads and went 5-2 with 2 bomb plants. Those stats would be recorded and could be pulled up at any time. Every game you play would have a record.
  • Win / loses per team - This should show how many times you've won / lost as a Seal or terrorist.

Updated my original post with the first release of the program.

Awesome.

My PC is coming in tomorrow. Hoping to get it set up on Saturday morning.

I started working on the website for this. So far it's just a home page with a link to the download in the navigation and a search bar. So if you know someone's SO:Com name you can look them up.

From there you will get a profile like this:
https://ps2gamestats.com/profile/90cea55...28344d017c