SaveSocom.com Forums
Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - Printable Version

+- SaveSocom.com Forums (https://savesocom.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Offtopic (https://savesocom.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General (https://savesocom.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture (/showthread.php?tid=182)

Pages: 1 2

Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - hitman - 09-10-2020

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1304087578094841856

The comments are hilarious. It's a lose/lose situation to apologize to these cretins.

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - eVo7 - 09-10-2020

The funniest part about this is their internal sexual harassment issues.

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - Buchanans - 09-10-2020

What somebody that worked for ubisoft committed some sort of wrong think?

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - dizee - 09-10-2020

yeah what happened exactly?

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - MACK IS GOD - 09-11-2020

(09-10-2020, 07:15 PM)dizee Wrote: yeah what happened exactly?

Im assuming some 12 year old called another 12 year old a nigger during game chat.

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - hitman - 09-11-2020

I dug for you guys. You owe me a beer for having to browse through Gawker articles, blech

The gist of it is: lushy Canadian women like to booze it up at work parties, but they don't like it when their bosses get drunk and allegedly touch them when they follow them into hallways alone. 

Quote:June 26: 
The two high-ranking employees under scrutiny are Tommy François and Maxime Béland, both vice presidents in the group overseeing development of Ubisoft’s games worldwide, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing personnel issues. Each man faced at least three claims of misconduct among a flurry of Twitter posts from named and anonymous accusers.

Quote:July 1:
(Translated from French) Liberation has collected about twenty testimonies which describe, at the headquarters of the world number 3 in the sector, a toxic system, dominated by untouchable men, which "a wall of HR" would protect.

Quote:July 2:
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot announced today in an email to employees that the game publisher will be revising the composition of its currently all white male Editorial Department which oversees creative decisions across all of its global studios.

In January, Ubisoft had announced a reconfiguration of this powerful Editorial group, which has steered the direction of the company’s huge franchises for years. At the time, seven people were named to the group, including a few who already held the position. All of them were white men. On the company’s internal message board where Ubisoft workers post with their real names, employees fumed at the group’s long-standing lack of diversity.

Quote:July 3:
Ubisoft Editorial VP Maxime Béland has resigned and fellow Editorial VP Tommy François has been placed on disciplinary leave, the company’s CEO Yves Guillemot announced in a company email today while both are investigated for misconduct. It also stated that an employee from Ubisoft Toronto had been terminated.

Quote:In an email late Friday evening, Guillemot announced that Béland has resigned from the company and François has been placed on disciplinary leave. Ubisoft is still continuing to investigate the allegations of misconduct against both men. Meanwhile, a third, unnamed individual from Ubisoft Toronto has been terminated for “engaging in behaviors that do not align with what is expected of Ubisoft employees.”

Quote:July 6: 
Maxime Béland, one of its co-founders and, until last week, a 20-year veteran of Ubisoft, allegedly choked a female employee at a work party.

Quote:The incident is said to have occured in 2014, during a party to celebrate the launch of Far Cry 4, which Toronto co-produced with Ubisoft Montreal. Members of the team met at a bar in Toronto’s Liberty Village for an evening of raffles, games, and a lot of drinking. It was still relatively early in the night when a former employee, who spoke to Kotaku by phone under the condition of anonymity in order to protect her privacy, said she was talking with Béland, one of the most powerful people in the studio. In this article, for the sake of clarity, we’ll call her Jane. They stood in a narrow room in the back of the bar as she texted a coworker. At one point, Jane said, Béland looked over at her phone to see who she was contacting.

“Completely out of the blue, he said, ‘Do you know what she likes?’ and I said, ‘What are you talking about?’” Béland then put his hands around her neck and squeezed, she said, as if performing a “creepy demonstration.”

Quote:The past two weeks have been filled with accounts, some anonymous, some with names attached, as people, mostly women, take the risk of speaking out on social media about harassment, abuse, and assault, mostly against men in gaming.

Quote:...several employees of Ubisoft, including one from a woman who said on social media that Andrien “Escoblades” Gbinigie, a prominent Ubisoft development liaison based at the studio to work on marketing Watch Dogs: Legion, sexually assaulted her, while others said he harassed them.

Quote:Among their concerns, some Ubisoft Toronto workers point to a party culture, where booze-filled events could sometimes prove hostile to female workers. “The rampant use of alcohol and parties as a retention technique certainly added to—if not created—the permissive culture at Ubisoft Toronto around sexual harassment,” another former Ubisoft Toronto developer said.

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - MACK IS GOD - 09-11-2020

(09-11-2020, 11:12 AM)hitman Wrote: I dug for you guys. You owe me a beer for having to browse through Gawker articles, blech

The gist of it is: lushy Canadian women like to booze it up at work parties, but they don't like it when their bosses get drunk and allegedly touch them when they follow them into hallways alone. 

Quote:June 26: 
The two high-ranking employees under scrutiny are Tommy François and Maxime Béland, both vice presidents in the group overseeing development of Ubisoft’s games worldwide, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing personnel issues. Each man faced at least three claims of misconduct among a flurry of Twitter posts from named and anonymous accusers.

Quote:July 1:
(Translated from French) Liberation has collected about twenty testimonies which describe, at the headquarters of the world number 3 in the sector, a toxic system, dominated by untouchable men, which "a wall of HR" would protect.

Quote:July 2:
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot announced today in an email to employees that the game publisher will be revising the composition of its currently all white male Editorial Department which oversees creative decisions across all of its global studios.

In January, Ubisoft had announced a reconfiguration of this powerful Editorial group, which has steered the direction of the company’s huge franchises for years. At the time, seven people were named to the group, including a few who already held the position. All of them were white men. On the company’s internal message board where Ubisoft workers post with their real names, employees fumed at the group’s long-standing lack of diversity.

Quote:July 3:
Ubisoft Editorial VP Maxime Béland has resigned and fellow Editorial VP Tommy François has been placed on disciplinary leave, the company’s CEO Yves Guillemot announced in a company email today while both are investigated for misconduct. It also stated that an employee from Ubisoft Toronto had been terminated.

Quote:In an email late Friday evening, Guillemot announced that Béland has resigned from the company and François has been placed on disciplinary leave. Ubisoft is still continuing to investigate the allegations of misconduct against both men. Meanwhile, a third, unnamed individual from Ubisoft Toronto has been terminated for “engaging in behaviors that do not align with what is expected of Ubisoft employees.”

Quote:July 6: 
Maxime Béland, one of its co-founders and, until last week, a 20-year veteran of Ubisoft, allegedly choked a female employee at a work party.

Quote:The incident is said to have occured in 2014, during a party to celebrate the launch of Far Cry 4, which Toronto co-produced with Ubisoft Montreal. Members of the team met at a bar in Toronto’s Liberty Village for an evening of raffles, games, and a lot of drinking. It was still relatively early in the night when a former employee, who spoke to Kotaku by phone under the condition of anonymity in order to protect her privacy, said she was talking with Béland, one of the most powerful people in the studio. In this article, for the sake of clarity, we’ll call her Jane. They stood in a narrow room in the back of the bar as she texted a coworker. At one point, Jane said, Béland looked over at her phone to see who she was contacting.

“Completely out of the blue, he said, ‘Do you know what she likes?’ and I said, ‘What are you talking about?’” Béland then put his hands around her neck and squeezed, she said, as if performing a “creepy demonstration.”

Quote:The past two weeks have been filled with accounts, some anonymous, some with names attached, as people, mostly women, take the risk of speaking out on social media about harassment, abuse, and assault, mostly against men in gaming.

Quote:...several employees of Ubisoft, including one from a woman who said on social media that Andrien “Escoblades” Gbinigie, a prominent Ubisoft development liaison based at the studio to work on marketing Watch Dogs: Legion, sexually assaulted her, while others said he harassed them.

Quote:Among their concerns, some Ubisoft Toronto workers point to a party culture, where booze-filled events could sometimes prove hostile to female workers. “The rampant use of alcohol and parties as a retention technique certainly added to—if not created—the permissive culture at Ubisoft Toronto around sexual harassment,” another former Ubisoft Toronto developer said.

So basically just another example of why allowing women into the workforce was a colossal mistake. A bunch of menopausal, bitter old hags who are angry because their "White male" bosses wants to fuck the women working there who are half their age. Of course if the "White men" were giving them attention and wanted to fuck them, no problem.

Women really were a fucking mistake. Although the simp men who allow these roast beef whores to run roughshod are more to blame. If a dog owner brings his dog into my home and his dog shits on my carpet, its the owner I would be angry with, not the dog.

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - hitman - 09-11-2020

(09-11-2020, 12:02 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: So basically just another example of why allowing women into the workforce was a colossal mistake. A bunch of menopausal, bitter old hags who are angry because their "White male" bosses wants to fuck the women working there who are half their age. Of course if the "White men" were giving them attention and wanted to fuck them, no problem.

Women really were a fucking mistake. Although the simp men who allow these roast beef whores to run roughshod are more to blame. If a dog owner brings his dog into my home and his dog shits on my carpet, its the owner I would be angry with, not the dog.

The worst part is that these "men" aren't the kind that the women want domineering them. It's always some French-speaking twat in skinny jeans and a ratty Che beard. It's no wonder the women have so much regret.

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - MACK IS GOD - 09-12-2020

(09-11-2020, 02:37 PM)hitman Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 12:02 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: So basically just another example of why allowing women into the workforce was a colossal mistake. A bunch of menopausal, bitter old hags who are angry because their "White male" bosses wants to fuck the women working there who are half their age. Of course if the "White men" were giving them attention and wanted to fuck them, no problem.

The worst part is that these "men" aren't the kind that the women want domineering them. It's always some French-speaking twat in skinny jeans and a ratty Che beard. It's no wonder the women have so much regret.

Women have no agency or accountability. They need chaos and will create it where there is none because they all believe their lives are a movie with them as the star. And nobody likes a boring movie, right?

RE: Ubisoft capitulates to cancel culture - Buchanans - 09-12-2020

Allegedly choked in 2014.
If this had been serious she would of made a complaint to LE at the time. Not fucking kotaku 6 years after the fact.
I'm so sick of hearing people complain so much about these really minor shit in the grand scheme of things. I've had way worse work place shit happen then most the stuff these woman complain about.

And it's not like women that are unwelcome dick grabbers don't exist.