SaveSocom.com Forums
Playstation 5 - Printable Version

+- SaveSocom.com Forums (https://savesocom.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Offtopic (https://savesocom.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General (https://savesocom.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Playstation 5 (/showthread.php?tid=193)

Playstation 5 - SkiMask - 11-12-2020

Anyone else wade through the four waves of madness on Walmart today for one these? 4th time was a charm for me and I ultimately secured one through their app. 

Pretty stoked for Spiderman and the Black Ops upgrade (which also drops in a couple hours) and I'll have to look into solidifying my library on there.

Also picked up a Switch for the boy and am kinda excited to play Zelda on that. With two new systems, I'll be set no matter what fuckery comes our way.

RE: Playstation 5 - dizee - 11-12-2020

No interest in any new consoles.

RE: Playstation 5 - MACK IS GOD - 11-12-2020

(11-12-2020, 09:46 PM)SkiMask Wrote: Anyone else wade through the four waves of madness on Walmart today for one these? 4th time was a charm for me and I ultimately secured one through their app. 

Pretty stoked for Spiderman and the Black Ops upgrade (which also drops in a couple hours) and I'll have to look into solidifying my library on there.

Also picked up a Switch for the boy and am kinda excited to play Zelda on that. With two new systems, I'll be set no matter what fuckery comes our way.

Dont feel like any next gen game moves the bar enough thk waste $600ish dollars on it.

Honestly the last time a gen jump warranted a purchase was probably PS3. At this point its just propaganda mixed with DLC bullshit just pike it has been for the past 10 years. Consoles haves maxed out. Theres literally nothing else they can do.

RE: Playstation 5 - SOCOMDITCH - 11-13-2020

Rather get a gaming pc
fuck Sony and their ps5
Don’t see a single game worth buying that fugly console for
My ps2,3&4 games are awesome

Currently with socom online again I don’t even have any desire to play anything else

RE: Playstation 5 - MACK IS GOD - 11-13-2020

(11-13-2020, 12:09 AM)SOCOMDITCH Wrote: Rather get a gaming pc
fuck Sony and their ps5
Don’t see a single game worth buying that fugly console for
My ps2,3&4 games are awesome

Currently with socom online again I don’t even have any desire to play anything else

Yea Dizees posts of the Biden/Raiden conversations in the election thrrad only served to solidify my position that I hqve no interest in buying a PS5 by reminding me of the sublime awesomeness of tat 20 year old game. PS4 was an objective disappointment and the only game I played on it with any regularity was Hitman. After PS3, the only real improvement has been graphically and Ive reached a point I just dont feel spending $500 to play games with more realistic trees is worth it.

I havent had a "Wow" moment from any game since PS2 and if ai have Socom readily available to play I couldnt care less about the cancer that is current online "gaming".

RE: Playstation 5 - SkiMask - 11-13-2020

While there isn't a ton of games at launch, I havent bought anything gaming wise for many years so it makes sense to make the jump at some point. Might as well be day 1. 

There isn't much to get "excited" for other than faster this, better that, but I like that its backwards compatible and can play all the shit I have now, but with a more "next gen" feel as everything was improved upon and despite wanting all this for the previous generation, its here now.

Lately and over the past few years, I haven't been excited to game or play ANYTHING and while this doesn't resolve that one bit, it does give me some excitement to play again. But then again I'm not sure if anything is ever gonna get me to be excited like I was in my youth.

As far as gaming PCs are concerned, I have a decent one already in a laptop and would feel absolutely stupid and retarded if I were to buy a "tower" or "gaming rig" for $1500+ with some far fetched notion I would play video games at a desk on it like it was 1989 Prince of Persia or something. "But but $500 on a video game machine, gets ya..." yea yea gets me a super casual option to play sporadically versus the price of a graphics card you need to can of air on every week just to keep from overheating. 

Fuck all that nerd shit.

RE: Playstation 5 - SOCOMDITCH - 11-13-2020

Ghost recon wildlands, and breakpoint I play a bit with Garchow and Drum
Battlefield 4.. mainly the only PS4 games I really like
I wasn’t going to get a PS4, but a friend bought it for me to play destiny and some games with
Star Wars battlefront 2 is pretty fun, graphics are amazing

RE: Playstation 5 - MACK IS GOD - 11-13-2020

(11-13-2020, 08:37 AM)SkiMask Wrote: While there isn't a ton of games at launch, I havent bought anything gaming wise for many years so it makes sense to make the jump at some point. Might as well be day 1. 

There isn't much to get "excited" for other than faster this, better that, but I like that its backwards compatible and can play all the shit I have now, but with a more "next gen" feel as everything was improved upon and despite wanting all this for the previous generation, its here now.

Lately and over the past few years, I haven't been excited to game or play ANYTHING and while this doesn't resolve that one bit, it does give me some excitement to play again. But then again I'm not sure if anything is ever gonna get me to be excited like I was in my youth.

As far as gaming PCs are concerned, I have a decent one already in a laptop and would feel absolutely stupid and retarded if I were to buy a "tower" or "gaming rig" for $1500+ with some far fetched notion I would play video games at a desk on it like it was 1989 Prince of Persia or something. "But but $500 on a video game machine, gets ya..." yea yea gets me a super casual option to play sporadically versus the price of a graphics card you need to can of air on every week just to keep from overheating. 

Fuck all that nerd shit.

"Hey dont forvet to buy that exclusive skin for $2.99! What a bargain!"

"Hey heres this excusive pack of new guns for only $5.99!"

Its a wrap. Online gaming bas been destroyed by consumerism.

Its just reality. I dont care one way or the other because the last online shit I ever played was Socom. But the entire industry has been infected and theres no going back. Period.

"Gaming" as a culture is over. Its the most mainstream shit known to man. If some kid is playing Fortnight and gets called a "nigger" his entire profile will be shut down.

Think about some of the shit that was said on Socom and compare. Its on the level of bannkng dodgeball. Its over. The SJWs have wom. Just let their winning destroy online gaming until it comes back with some balls.

RE: Playstation 5 - eVo7 - 11-13-2020

Can't play SOCOM on a PS5 so......

PC ftw.

RE: Playstation 5 - SkiMask - 11-14-2020

(11-13-2020, 09:00 AM)SOCOMDITCH Wrote: I wasn’t going to get a PS4, but a friend bought it for me
The best way to buy one is having some else do it.