Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Paul Awol forum saga

(01-12-2019, 03:47 AM)PRE_-CISION-_ Wrote: Oh hey new forum again cool. I sincerely don't have a clue what happened this time. I never saw the tweet or anything that you guys are talking about. In fact I only found this forum after getting an email notification that Mack dm'd me on Twitter. Actually posted on Paul's site today and didn't notice anything different lmao, I might be a dimwit.

(01-12-2019, 05:43 AM)DITCH Wrote: Wow, I found this forum on the discord, this is all news to me

Yea it appears some nonsense went on involving Pink trying to doxx Luke and TRS being completely nuked followed shortly thereafter by Paul banning 90% of the people who propped up the activity of his site for over a year with no explanation. Most of whom had no idea what was even going on.

Nothing should change really. The same people will just migrate over here and start things back up. The real shame of it is that as a result of whatever stunt was pulled, years and years of content is now wiped from TRS due to what appears to be an underhanded and passive aggressive attempt to fuck with Luke. So now there is no written record of the past 5+ years of what went on with SOF and other Socom related stuff.

Its hard to imagine but it seems that in the span of less than 24 hours Paul made himself into the biggest pariah in the Socom community. If he was behind any of this he just leapfrogged Tom, Redline, The Purge, and the TRS shutdown in terms of douchebaggery and may be responsible in whole or part for all that Socom history being lost.

While many of us felt the TRS shutdown was handled poorly, the content was at least still there for reference. And to be a party to anything that involved some 50 year old bitter cunt trying to dox a persons career is unconscionable.

So at best Paul had a mental breakdown while being a White Knight Beta orbiter to a 50 year old gash over the internet, and at worst he was actively complicit in trying to dox Luke.

Pathetic behavior either way and we are all better off doing our own thing without having to worry about a person like that pulling the plug on our little safe space.

(01-11-2019, 12:53 PM)dizee Wrote: Seems to me that he was certainly involved in the Luke/Pink Twitter drama and it led to his decision to mass ban almost the entire userbase while hiding behind the toxicity angle/cover. Too many things happened within hours of each other for it not be related to it, including the complete shutdown of TRS.

I talked to Paul after I realized people had been banned to see what was going on and the basic gist of it is that for quite awhile I guess he was tired of editing comments that "went too far", he had been thinking about doing some bannings for awhile I guess but then kept putting it off. I guess what he felt like the final nail in the coffin was , was when he asked forum members not to be talking about the Pink drama on the forum or something to that affect and I guess ski did something that Paul had said not to do and then Ski flipped out on Paul in a message saying he was white knighting for Pink which Paul thought was absurd because he had responded to Pinks initial tweet in defense of Luke and his criticisms at the time. Then I think he said it escalated to someone accusing him of actually being the one to provide Pink with those old messages or something and that's when he had had enough and said that now was the time to ban the crew that he felt had been creating the drama for so long. He doesn't hate you guys or anything but he just felt he didn't want to deal with the BS anymore. I think when running the forum starts to feel like a stressful chore or job rather then a fun leisure activity it becomes something you don't really want to do anymore and I think that's where Paul was at. It was either he remove the people he feels is making running the forum a chore and causing him headaches or just shut down the forum all together. I'm not saying he is right or wrong nor taking any sides one way or the other on the matter but I'm just telling you the gist of his reasoning behind the decision.

(01-12-2019, 10:21 AM)TOMBSTONE4U Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 12:53 PM)dizee Wrote: Seems to me that he was certainly involved in the Luke/Pink Twitter drama and it led to his decision to mass ban almost the entire userbase while hiding behind the toxicity angle/cover. Too many things happened within hours of each other for it not be related to it, including the complete shutdown of TRS.

I talked to Paul after I realized people had been banned to see what was going on and the basic gist of it is that for quite awhile I guess he was tired of editing comments that "went too far", he had been thinking about doing some bannings for awhile I guess but then kept putting it off. I guess what he felt like the final nail in the coffin was , was when he asked forum members not to be talking about the Pink drama on the forum or something to that affect and I guess ski did something that Paul had said not to do and then Ski flipped out on Paul in a message saying he was white knighting for Pink which Paul thought was absurd because he had responded to Pinks initial tweet in defense of Luke and his criticisms at the time. Then I think he said it escalated to someone accusing him of actually being the one to provide Pink with those old messages or something and that's when he had had enough and said that now was the time to ban the crew that he felt had been creating the drama for so long. He doesn't hate you guys or anything but he just felt he didn't want to deal with the BS anymore. I think when running the forum starts to feel like a stressful chore or job rather then a fun leisure activity it becomes something you don't really want to do anymore and I think that's where Paul was at. It was either he remove the people he feels is making running the forum a chore and causing him headaches or just shut down the forum all together. I'm not saying he is right or wrong nor taking any sides one way or the other on the matter but I'm just telling you the gist of his reasoning behind the decision.

The problem with that was that he banned the only people who were realistically posting on his forum, so he went from something he might of liked to having something that has nothing now. If you are letting a forum cause you problems then you just need to step away. The fact that he never once said anything prior to this happening is what people are really annoyed about.

But what does Ski's post have to do with me, 1up, Dizee, Mack, etc. 1up simply asked what was going on and was banned. I hadn't even been on the forum for a couple days at that point.

And Ski absolutely accused Paul of nothing, he showed us the screenshots of the convo. He simply asked a question. Most guilty people will lash out irrationally if simply asked anything that has to do with the situation they are guilty in. Ski and 1up were banned for simply asked questions, they didn't accuse anyone.

Photo 
(01-12-2019, 10:21 AM)TOMBSTONE4U Wrote: ...I guess what he felt like the final nail in the coffin was , was when he asked forum members not to be talking about the Pink drama on the forum or something to that affect and I guess ski did something that Paul had said not to do and then Ski flipped out on Paul in a message saying he was white knighting for Pink which Paul thought was absurd because he had responded to Pinks initial tweet in defense of Luke and his criticisms at the time. Then I think he said it escalated to someone accusing him of actually being the one to provide Pink with those old messages or something and that's when he had had enough and said that now was the time to ban the crew that he felt had been creating the drama for so long. He doesn't hate you guys or anything but he just felt he didn't want to deal with the BS anymore. I think when running the forum starts to feel like a stressful chore or job rather then a fun leisure activity it becomes something you don't really want to do anymore and I think that's where Paul was at. It was either he remove the people he feels is making running the forum a chore and causing him headaches or just shut down the forum all together. I'm not saying he is right or wrong nor taking any sides one way or the other on the matter but I'm just telling you the gist of his reasoning behind the decision.

Here's the thing though, Paul posted that Tweet in his own forums before anyone even knew about it. Hell, I didn't even know she posted on Twitter about Luke at that time. I never said anything other than "Did you send her that blurb Paul" and he deleted that and the few comments before mine that talked about the Tweet. He then PM'd me upset that I could even think that versus just saying no publicly...which is odd. Him embedding that tweet was odd and then deleting all (2 or 3) responses to it which ended up derailing into the TRS closure was odd. Me and Buch talked about how gay it was that we couldn't delete our TRS content now that the shop had been closed and never referred back to Pink again.

He then sent me another PM insinuating I was on meds and mentally unstable which I took issue with and nailed his fucking ass.

He then went on to Nuketown and fuck him for all of it. He can go have "brunch" with his new P-flaps buddy and buy everyone a round of mimosas for every star fucking pussy worshiper that attends. I couldn't fucking care less anymore.

Edit: PMs attached ruined the SQL here and I was unable to post so I removed them.

(01-12-2019, 10:25 AM)1UP Wrote:

The problem with that was that he banned the only people who were realistically posting on his forum, so he went from something he might of liked to having something that has nothing now. If you are letting a forum cause you problems then you just need to step away.  The fact that he never once said anything prior to this happening is what people are really annoyed about.
I realize that as far as the guys he banned were also the ones who kept the site active. Even I myself have not been active on the forums much for months so I was just as much in the dark about this as if I were a new guy to the forum trying to get the scoop on what was going on. I mean what the long term result will be for his site as far as activity remains to be seen, maybe this move kills the activity and he just moves on from running the forums and shuts it down if activity just completely dies. But I guess he decided that's a chance he's going to take if it's the way to stop the drama. Like I said to this is from his perspective. I haven't been around much so for all I know there could have been lots of drama for the last few months with messages needing to be deleted and people getting suspended or there could have been no drama at all. All I can do is ask questions and people can give me their opinions on what did or did not happen and I can listen to their take and that's it because I haven't been following along.

Even when it comes to the issue with Pink posting about Luke I'm completely lost on where that came from. I mean I see some post on Twitter where Pink is posting a 2015 forum post and then attacking Luke and I'm totally lost on how that even came about. I mean I don't know if Luke said something first or if Pink just came completely out of nowhere after all these years bringing up old shit just to try to draw attention to herself with people in the gaming industry because she is not getting the kind of activity on social media she once did and is trying to gain attention and relevancy from people who used to actively follow her. I feel like I'm in some book club where everyone is talking about the book of the month they read and discussing it and I'm the only one who never read to book.

As for me personally I think I am going to take the Drum route in this one like he took when there was drama with Tawok and company. Which is to say I have friends here, I have friends there in Paul and Jung so I am not going to take sides or talk shit one way or the other about either side. I mean maybe this is the best for both sides as far as Paul doesn't have to worry about people crossing lines on what they say or have to comb through every post to see if something needs to be deleted and now you guys have control of a forum where you don't have to put faith into a third party as to whether they will get heavy handed on censorship and suspensions of whatever. Now you have a place where you can make your own rules and not have to worry about one day trying to log on only to find a ban or suspension message.

(01-12-2019, 11:25 AM)TOMBSTONE4U Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 10:25 AM)1UP Wrote:

The problem with that was that he banned the only people who were realistically posting on his forum, so he went from something he might of liked to having something that has nothing now. If you are letting a forum cause you problems then you just need to step away.  The fact that he never once said anything prior to this happening is what people are really annoyed about.
I realize that as far as the guys he banned were also the ones who kept the site active. Even I myself have not been active on the forums much for months so I was just as much in the dark about this as if I were a new guy to the forum trying to get the scoop on what was going on. I mean what the long term result will be for his site as far as activity remains to be seen, maybe this move kills the activity and he just moves on from running the forums and shuts it down if activity just completely dies. But I guess he decided that's a chance he's going to take if it's the way to stop the drama. Like I said to this is from his perspective. I haven't been around much so for all I know there could have been lots of drama for the last few months with messages needing to be deleted and people getting suspended or there could have been no drama at all. All I can do is ask questions and people can give me their opinions on what did or did not happen and I can listen to their take and that's it because I haven't been following along.

Even when it comes to the issue with Pink posting about Luke I'm completely lost on where that came from. I mean I see some post on Twitter where Pink is posting a 2015 forum post and then attacking Luke and I'm totally lost on how that even came about. I mean I don't know if Luke said something first or if Pink just came completely out of nowhere after all these years bringing up old shit just to try to draw attention to herself with people in the gaming industry because she is not getting the kind of activity on social media she once did and is trying to gain attention and relevancy from people who used to actively follow her. I feel like I'm in some book club where everyone is talking about the book of the month they read and discussing it and I'm the only one who never read to book.

As for me personally I think I am going to take the Drum route in this one like he took when there was drama with Tawok and company. Which is to say I have friends here, I have friends there in Paul and Jung  so I am not going to take sides or talk shit one way or the other about either side. I mean maybe this is the best for both sides as far as Paul doesn't have to worry about people crossing lines on what they say or have to comb through every post to see if something needs to be deleted  and now you guys have control of a forum where you don't have to put faith into a third party as to whether they will get heavy handed on censorship and suspensions of whatever. Now you have a place where you can make your own rules and not have to worry about one day trying to log on only to find a ban or suspension message.

If Paul wanted to steer away from drama then why would he embed a obviously drama filled tweet on his forums?

So, here's my question: who made Paul the fucking arbiter of the SOCOM community? Does it affect him in ANY WAY to just let conversations run their course? 

SOCOM is an outlet. We like to use it as a platform to bullshit and escape from real life. The cost of that escapism is drama, sometimes. So fucking what? It's Paul's duty to keep us all inline, or something? For what?

His high horse has four broken legs, and he keeps trying to get up on it. Just shoot the damn thing and find some common ground.

(01-12-2019, 10:45 AM)eVo7 Wrote: But what does Ski's post have to do with me, 1up, Dizee, Mack, etc. 1up simply asked what was going on and was banned. I hadn't even been on the forum for a couple days at that point.

And Ski absolutely accused Paul of nothing, he showed us the screenshots of the convo. He simply asked a question. Most guilty people will lash out irrationally if simply asked anything that has to do with the situation they are guilty in. Ski and 1up were banned for simply asked questions, they didn't accuse anyone.

If Paul lashed out I don't think it was because he was "guilty" of something but just felt it was a stupid question. Again this is just going by the bits and pieces I am seeing and trying to put some of the pieces together myself. Let me explain what I mean. Ok so when it comes to Pinks tweet I saw that Paul had responded to her. In his response he seemed to be defending Luke. He didn't attack Pink but just gave a really civil rebuttal pointing out that it was an old post and that with the way the H-Hour project turned out perhaps the criticisms at the time were warranted. So then if someone is asking him like "Were you the one sending Pink the old Tweets" or whatever it was, it probably sounded like a stupid question and was likely offended that such a thing would even be suggested and in some ways it makes sense because why the hell would he feed Pink tweets Luke set about her and then when she went ahead and used those as a means of attack he then rebuttals her. Makes no sense.

As for you, 1up, diz, Mack, etc. I don't think it's because of the Pink exchange but a collective thing where this was just the thing that made him pull the trigger. Like maybe it was just Ski who got him going this last time but he views it as a group where whenever some drama does happens whether this latest thing or a past incident in his view it's always from the same people or the same crew who all kind of back each other and egg each other on to keep it going.

Bottom line is its his forum so he can do whatever he wants. Some courtesy towards the only people who were active on his forums would have been nice but its moot at this point. Ive moved on.