Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Paul Awol forum saga

(01-12-2019, 11:39 AM)eVo7 Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 11:25 AM)TOMBSTONE4U Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 10:25 AM)1UP Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 10:21 AM)TOMBSTONE4U Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 12:53 PM)dizee Wrote: Seems to me that he was certainly involved in the Luke/Pink Twitter drama and it led to his decision to mass ban almost the entire userbase while hiding behind the toxicity angle/cover. Too many things happened within hours of each other for it not be related to it, including the complete shutdown of TRS.

I talked to Paul after I realized people had been banned to see what was going on and the basic gist of it is that for quite awhile I guess he was tired of editing comments that "went too far", he had been thinking about doing some bannings for awhile I guess but then kept putting it off. I guess what he felt like the final nail in the coffin was , was when he asked forum members not to be talking about the Pink drama on the forum or something to that affect and I guess ski did something that Paul had said not to do and then Ski flipped out on Paul in a message saying he was white knighting for Pink which Paul thought was absurd because he had responded to Pinks initial tweet in defense of Luke and his criticisms at the time. Then I think he said it escalated to someone accusing him of actually being the one to provide Pink with those old messages or something and that's when he had had enough and said that now was the time to ban the crew that he felt had been creating the drama for so long. He doesn't hate you guys or anything but he just felt he didn't want to deal with the BS anymore. I think when running the forum starts to feel like a stressful chore or job rather then a fun leisure activity it becomes something you don't really want to do anymore and I think that's where Paul was at. It was either he remove the people he feels is making running the forum a chore and causing him headaches or just shut down the forum all together. I'm not saying he is right or wrong nor taking any sides one way or the other on the matter but I'm just telling you the gist of his reasoning behind the decision.

The problem with that was that he banned the only people who were realistically posting on his forum, so he went from something he might of liked to having something that has nothing now. If you are letting a forum cause you problems then you just need to step away.  The fact that he never once said anything prior to this happening is what people are really annoyed about.
I realize that as far as the guys he banned were also the ones who kept the site active. Even I myself have not been active on the forums much for months so I was just as much in the dark about this as if I were a new guy to the forum trying to get the scoop on what was going on. I mean what the long term result will be for his site as far as activity remains to be seen, maybe this move kills the activity and he just moves on from running the forums and shuts it down if activity just completely dies. But I guess he decided that's a chance he's going to take if it's the way to stop the drama. Like I said to this is from his perspective. I haven't been around much so for all I know there could have been lots of drama for the last few months with messages needing to be deleted and people getting suspended or there could have been no drama at all. All I can do is ask questions and people can give me their opinions on what did or did not happen and I can listen to their take and that's it because I haven't been following along.

Even when it comes to the issue with Pink posting about Luke I'm completely lost on where that came from. I mean I see some post on Twitter where Pink is posting a 2015 forum post and then attacking Luke and I'm totally lost on how that even came about. I mean I don't know if Luke said something first or if Pink just came completely out of nowhere after all these years bringing up old shit just to try to draw attention to herself with people in the gaming industry because she is not getting the kind of activity on social media she once did and is trying to gain attention and relevancy from people who used to actively follow her. I feel like I'm in some book club where everyone is talking about the book of the month they read and discussing it and I'm the only one who never read to book.

As for me personally I think I am going to take the Drum route in this one like he took when there was drama with Tawok and company. Which is to say I have friends here, I have friends there in Paul and Jung  so I am not going to take sides or talk shit one way or the other about either side. I mean maybe this is the best for both sides as far as Paul doesn't have to worry about people crossing lines on what they say or have to comb through every post to see if something needs to be deleted  and now you guys have control of a forum where you don't have to put faith into a third party as to whether they will get heavy handed on censorship and suspensions of whatever. Now you have a place where you can make your own rules and not have to worry about one day trying to log on only to find a ban or suspension message.

If Paul wanted to steer away from drama then why would he embed a obviously drama filled tweet on his forums?

Like I said I don't know, I'm just trying to piece it together with the bits and pieces I am seeing. As far as the embed I didn't even know what that was as far as if it was a Twitter post he embedded or a forum posted he embedded as I never got to see any of that stuff when it happened. All I saw was that Pink had made a tweet. Even I made a response to it and next thing I know I am hearing people got banned and then I'm just sitting here like "what happened?" and so then all I can do is ask some questions and to try to make sense of it and that's about it.

(01-11-2019, 12:53 PM)dizee Wrote: Seems to me that he was certainly involved in the Luke/Pink Twitter drama and it led to his decision to mass ban almost the entire userbase while hiding behind the toxicity angle/cover. Too many things happened within hours of each other for it not be related to it, including the complete shutdown of TRS.

I talked to Paul after I realized people had been banned to see what was going on and the basic gist of it is that for quite awhile I guess he was tired of editing comments that "went too far", he had been thinking about doing some bannings for awhile I guess but then kept putting it off. I guess what he felt like the final nail in the coffin was , was when he asked forum members not to be talking about the Pink drama on the forum or something to that affect and I guess ski did something that Paul had said not to do and then Ski flipped out on Paul in a message saying he was white knighting for Pink which Paul thought was absurd because he had responded to Pinks initial tweet in defense of Luke and his criticisms at the time. Then I think he said it escalated to someone accusing him of actually being the one to provide Pink with those old messages or something and that's when he had had enough and said that now was the time to ban the crew that he felt had been creating the drama for so long. He doesn't hate you guys or anything but he just felt he didn't want to deal with the BS anymore. I think when running the forum starts to feel like a stressful chore or job rather then a fun leisure activity it becomes something you don't really want to do anymore and I think that's where Paul was at. It was either he remove the people he feels is making running the forum a chore and causing him headaches or just shut down the forum all together. I'm not saying he is right or wrong nor taking any sides one way or the other on the matter but I'm just telling you the gist of his reasoning behind the decision.

Its interesting to see him handle that the way he did. I never even knew about the Pink drama until I tried logging onto the site and got a "You have been banned from this forum" message. So I messaged Mack on Twitter to ask what was up and thats how I found out about the Pink drama. Then I replied to a tweet 1up sent to Paul (https://twitter.com/dizeestl/status/1083170825140953088) and he blocked me within 5 minutes there. 

The guy can do whatever he wants but hes a total little bitch for not even having the decency to communicate with the people he did this to, for apparently NO REASON. I am kinda glad he did though because now we are assured of a forum where we know dumb shit like what happened on TRS and now Paul's forum will NOT ruin a good thing here.

(01-12-2019, 11:39 AM)eVo7 Wrote: If Paul wanted to steer away from drama then why would he embed a obviously drama filled tweet on his forums?

Exactly. "Here guys, Dont eat these cookies I just baked, I am just gonna leave them right here infront of you". It is kinda obvious that Paul was the one to provide that 3 year old post of Luke's to Pink. For what reason is still unknown but his behavior pretty much shows hes guilty in my eyes.

The fact that this is what led to so many people getting banned is absolutely retarded LMAO. People who had nothing to do with it got banned, people who never got involved in the Tawok drama got banned. What a complete retard.

(01-12-2019, 01:22 PM)dizee Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 11:39 AM)eVo7 Wrote: If Paul wanted to steer away from drama then why would he embed a obviously drama filled tweet on his forums?

Exactly. "Here guys, Dont eat these cookies I just baked, I am just gonna leave them right here infront of you". It is kinda obvious that Paul was the one to provide that 3 year old post of Luke's to Pink. For what reason is still unknown but his behavior pretty much shows hes guilty in my eyes.

The fact that this is what led to so many people getting banned is absolutely retarded LMAO. People who had nothing to do with it got banned, people who never got involved in the Tawok drama got banned. What a complete retard.

Well like I said I don't think Paul was feeding Pink anything because then it wouldn't make sense for him to then rebuttal her comment on the old post that he supposedly provided her with. And if that was the case why wouldn't Pink have said "Well why did you share this post with me and now argue that it was justified". I feel like Pink would have called him out if that's what had taken place. I don't know. I don't really get all of it like I said. My thinking is that maybe Paul saw that Pink was talking some crap about Luke and just wanted to make people aware she was saying something in case people wanted to go rebuttal it or whatever but at the same time didn't want it to become a big thing with a posse of trolls to start  attacking her or sharing discussions on Twitter that were being had on the forums about it. I don't know. Again I can only guess. Maybe my perception is wrong to. Like if Paul were to read my breakdown of what he said and his reasoning for doing what he did perhaps he would say "No Tomb, you're misrepresenting what I said/what I meant". I'm just doing the best I can to make sense of it with the little various snippets of info I am seeing and hearing from you guys, Paul, what I saw on Twitter, etc.

I guess what he felt like the final nail in the coffin was , was when he asked forum members not to be talking about the Pink drama on the forum or something to that affect and I guess ski did something that Paul had said not to do and then Ski flipped out on Paul in a message saying he was white knighting for Pink which Paul thought was absurd because he had responded to Pinks initial tweet in defense of Luke and his criticisms at the time.

Sorry, but his side of things do not add up with what actually happened.

He didn't want people participating in the drama...yet, he was the one that embedded her tweet in the forum. Hell that was a tweet that most of us would have never read because she is irrelevant...yet he makes us aware and I can guarantee you he KNEW the reaction wouldn't be good. He knows this crowd doesn't pander to that SJW nonsense.

I just don't see an innocent person breaking their neck to mass IP ban the majority of the forum. Especially when you consider the overwhelming majority of us weren't even aware of the tweet in question until AFTER we were banned.

Hes getting tired of editing posts and keeping things in line? Do you know the last time he edited one of my posts? Never, it hasn't happened. So, the argument that I am some toxic scumbag that can't play nice with anyone is ridiculous.

It's whatever at this point, but his explanation to you doesn't add up in my book.

He never edited or deleted any of my post that I am aware of and he never once messaged me about ANYTHING in the over 1 year we used his forum. His actions speak more than any explanation he has given Jungle or Tombstone and his actions thus far have been to totally avoid answering anyone asking him why.

In fact, his forum was relatively calm since last Spring. The last time there was any sort of drama was when Hexum started doxxing folks and when Tawok showed up for like 48 hours to obtain our "blessing" to stream again, like we somehow control his stream schedule and both of those things happened like half a year ago. Nothing else on that forum even came close to drama. If he considers members who showed concern over HHour still which is more than worthy of showing concern over a chore to moderate, then maybe he should not have a website.

If he did not want people to talk about politics, then he could have asked.
If he did not want people to bash hhour, he could have asked.
If he did not want people to talk about TRS or whatever, he could have asked.
If he did not want people taking shots at selfish idiots like Celerity, he could have asked.

He could have asked and I would be shocked if people would have have said no. I was always thankful to him for letting us use his forum for over a year, I still am. But that does not mean its OK what he did or how he treated people and what a little bitch of a move it is to block them on Twitter for asking why.

(01-12-2019, 07:29 PM)dizee Wrote: He never edited or deleted any of my post that I am aware of and he never once messaged me about ANYTHING in the over 1 year we used his forum. His actions speak more than any explanation he has given Jungle or Tombstone and his actions thus far have been to totally avoid answering anyone asking him why.

In fact, his forum was relatively calm since last Spring. The last time there was any sort of drama was when Hexum started doxxing folks and when Tawok showed up for like 48 hours to obtain our "blessing" to stream again, like we somehow control his stream schedule and both of those things happened like half a year ago. Nothing else on that forum even came close to drama. If he considers members who showed concern over HHour still which is more than worthy of showing concern over a chore to moderate, then maybe he should not have a website.

If he did not want people taking shots at selfish idiots like Celerity, he could have asked.

He could have asked and I would be shocked if people would have have said no. I was always thankful to him for letting us use his forum for over a year, I still am. But that does not mean its OK what he did or how he treated people and what a little bitch of a move it is to block them on Twitter for asking why.

Yea if his reasoning is that he was tired of having to deal with drama and edit posts on his forum, what does that have to do with blocking people on his Twitter? It obviously goes deeper for him than "forum drama" or there would be no need to block people on his Twitter account like myself who has never once interacted with him on Twitter.

I really dont care, we have everything we need here to continue in our little pond as we did before so its not really an issue, but there is obviously more to it than what he is saying to TOMB. Nothing about what he has done even slightly approaches the behavior of a rational person.

Here's how it all went down..

I was surfing Twitter and ran across a Tweet that appeared to be bashing Luke pretty harshly with some bad shit in it and it was literally accusing him of being a womanizer. I replied back to the tweet standing up for Luke and his Character and she should not take it personal because that was 5 years ago regarding the H-Hour debacle involving David Sears and herself, my reply is there if you look for the Tweet, pretty fuckin obvious what I was doing. She replied back thank you and I dropped it on Twitter, seemed settled to me.. So I decide to post it the Tweet on my forum because why not, it's some juicy shit but I didn't want any bad comments on my forum due to the nature of the Tweet accusing Luke of pretty much being a womanizer and didn't want the heat of that shit on my forum, I even suggested this with in my post on my forums using the Twitter link from Pinks Tweet.

Well Ski started being Ski and tried starting conspiracy theories and Hitman went off the rails as usual and called her a Bitch on my forums,, when I asked nicely not to dog cuss people out or start shit about it on the forums,, so I delete the post by Ski and Hitman, left it at that. Then it happens again and I delete it once more and send both of them private messages asking them to calm down,, but instead I get accused of some crazy shit from Ski on my forum asking me did I front load Pink with the information when all she had to do was read the TRS forums for her damn self, how fucking crazy is that to accuse me of shit like that.

So I get pissed off at Ski and Hitman for talking shit to me and pretty much going over board as usual and shut them down with bans.. But I forget about the shoutbox,, which they used to talk more shit to me and that escalated into I was fed up and decided to get rid of you 4 also because I had been fed up for some time with how the forum was progressing with all the hate and negativity non stop.. I did what I did because nothing positive ever comes out of any of you and MACK pushed the limits almost every time he post something on the forums. And to be straight up, I knew if banned MACK it would snowball and the shit storm would follow with the rest of yall, so I avoided the whole situation and banned all of you. Was it a bitch move, not to me it wasn't, it was because you guys are the reasons why TRS shut down and why you have your own little circle of known shit starters thtough the SOCOM Community, if that's what you want to call it nowadays.

I tried to give you all free reign of my forum and it has gotten to the point were it has become such a negative shit hole of bullshit that I didn't see the need to let you guys keep going.. 1up the reason why I banned you was because I didn't want you to start in on me on Twitter which I felt you were trying to do, I think you may have gotten into the crossfire of it.

All in all you 5 turned my forum into your personal attack on the SOCOM Community and never eaased up. Simple as that. I have asked you guys to ease up in the past and so has Jung on many occasions and was ignored. I may have reacted harshly to you, but to me I felt it was time for me to make the forum stress free. I'm not mad, just done.

(01-12-2019, 08:24 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 07:29 PM)dizee Wrote: He never edited or deleted any of my post that I am aware of and he never once messaged me about ANYTHING in the over 1 year we used his forum. His actions speak more than any explanation he has given Jungle or Tombstone and his actions thus far have been to totally avoid answering anyone asking him why.

Yea if his reasoning is that he was tired of having to deal with drama and edit posts on his forum, what does that have to do with blocking people on his Twitter? It obviously goes deeper for him than "forum drama" or there would be no need to block people on his Twitter account like myself who has never once interacted with him on Twitter.

I really dont care, we have everything we need here to continue in our little pond as we did before so its not really an issue, but there is obviously more to it than what he is saying to TOMB. Nothing about what he has done even slightly approaches the behavior of a rational person.
Maybe there is more to it, I don't know. I'm just going on the slivers I've gotten to see or hear. I mean I'll be honest here and say even me, part of the reason I got tired of the forums and stopped frequenting is I got tired of always hearing about drama. Not just that I mean there was the fact I started working and the hours started to increase to where when I got home I didn't want to go on a forum and hear about the latest thing Tawok said or the latest thing this guy or that guy did with the little free time I did have. I just wanted to relax, no drama no BS. I don't know, maybe it's just part of getting older. Maybe I'm changing in what I see as a big deal vs something I really don't care to talk about. Maybe the same is happening to Paul where he's getting older now and we're starting to become those grumpy old men we used to make fun of when we were younger lol. But I mean I have no hard feelings towards Paul nor to you guys. If that's the decision he felt he needed to make then he has that right to do so since he's the guy running the forum and can choose whatever he thinks is best for content on his site and by the same token I'm happy for you guys that you now have your own space where you can have creative control on what the ground rules will be so you don't have to feel like you are walking on eggshells or what have you.

I mean shit, why battle for the soul of the Socom community and act like there can only be one community. Maybe there are some guys who don't share the same sense of humor as some of us and find us offensive and over the top at times and they can find a home with Paul's forum and maybe there are guys who have a darker sense of humor and like the shock value humor and banter that will be found here that wouldn't be allowed on other forums who'd like to come here. For me I don't really care. I can visit Paul's forum and abide by his rules and I can visit this forum and abide by it's rules. Who knows, maybe I'll post here sometimes and get comfortable being blunt about things and then go over there and forget I'm on a different forum with a different set of standards and have to be reminded by Paul "Hey dude, take a chill pill, tone it down". To which I'd just say "my bad" and try to respect he does things differently. I mean it doesn't bother me. Doesn't make me feel like "the man is trying to keep me down" or whatever. It's his forums he can make whatever restrictions he wants and if I don't like it I can take a hike. By the same token if Diz and 1up start telling me there are going to be some rules here I will respect that to and that they do things differently. They are the ones who are putting in the work to get the site going for us. Who the fuck would I be to tell them how to run their site when I'm just a shmuck enjoying the fruits of their labor? They can enforce any rules they like.

(01-12-2019, 09:42 PM)paulawol Wrote: I tried to give you all free reign of my forum

Your idea of "free reign" and mine differ greatly.

Your first thread on the entire forum states that you won't call people out, but will use PMs to discuss.
Yeah...that didn't happen. That's why I left.

(01-12-2019, 09:42 PM)paulawol Wrote: I'm not mad, just done.

Then be done. Why nuke everything?