Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warpig "stirring the hornets nest" again

(07-05-2019, 06:41 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 12:22 PM)eVo7 Wrote: Im going with mental illness mixed with alcohol abuse.

I dont know bro. When it comes to alcohol abuse Im pretty much the gold standard.

And I have NEVER behaved in such a delusional manner over a prolonged period of time.

Remember I said it was mental issues MIXED with alcohol abuse. The two combined result most likely in the behavior we're seeing

(07-06-2019, 06:57 AM)eVo7 Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 06:41 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: I dont know bro. When it comes to alcohol abuse Im pretty much the gold standard.

And I have NEVER behaved in such a delusional manner over a prolonged period of time.

Remember I said it was mental issues MIXED with alcohol abuse. The two combined result most likely in the behavior we're seeing

Yea I just cant comprehend the insanity. Booze just kind of amplifies what is already there to begin with.

I don't think mental illness is even remotely the issue. I don't even think alcoholism is.

Knowing what I do about him in real life, I think he's just a suburbanite who joined the War on Terror and never fired a shot. He appears to be a wonderful father and husband, a typical generation X-er with no claim to fame.

So, he gets online in the hopes of fashioning a community...maybe leaving his mark in the virtual war of combat...and his only fulfillment is a trip to Zipper.

I'm there.

I've been to conventions on a press pass. I've been to EA's headquarters as a community "VIP", and to Gearbox's, and multiple firearms manufacturers'. I have a drawer full of "look what I got to do" memorabilia from people that were once idols of controversy and now draw zero reputation (Larry Hryb, anyone? Randy Pitchford? Glenn Beck?).

I'm in the median income group, working a meaningful job that gets little or no real prestige, just like Paul.

The troll that I am online never sees the light of day around my wife and kids. She'd leave my ass.
Like Paul (I presume), I am spoiling for a fight. SOCOM used to be that venue. We don't have SOCOM, so the drama lingers.

And, let's be realistic: without Paul's antics, this site would have very little sustainable activity.

We all need an enemy.
He has made us his.
And we are all too happy to oblige him a long, bitter fight.

That's the way I see it. Anyone who doesn't enjoy the drama could easily - EASILY - walk away from it. We're all just too damn sadistic.

(07-07-2019, 05:42 PM)hitman Wrote: I don't think mental illness is even remotely the issue. I don't even think alcoholism is.

Knowing what I do about him in real life, I think he's just a suburbanite who joined the War on Terror and never fired a shot. He appears to be a wonderful father and husband, a typical generation X-er with no claim to fame.

So, he gets online in the hopes of fashioning a community...maybe leaving his mark in the virtual war of combat...and his only fulfillment is a trip to Zipper.

I'm there.

I've been to conventions on a press pass. I've been to EA's headquarters as a community "VIP", and to Gearbox's, and multiple firearms manufacturers'. I have a drawer full of "look what I got to do" memorabilia from people that were once idols of controversy and now draw zero reputation (Larry Hryb, anyone? Randy Pitchford? Glenn Beck?).

I'm in the median income group, working a meaningful job that gets little or no real prestige, just like Paul.

The troll that I am online never sees the light of day around my wife and kids. She'd leave my ass.
Like Paul (I presume), I am spoiling for a fight. SOCOM used to be that venue. We don't have SOCOM, so the drama lingers.

And, let's be realistic: without Paul's antics, this site would have very little sustainable activity.

We all need an enemy.
He has made us his.
And we are all too happy to oblige him a long, bitter fight.

That's the way I see it. Anyone who doesn't enjoy the drama could easily - EASILY - walk away from it. We're all just too damn sadistic.
Drama is always gonna be the most popular topic on the website until we get a new socom to talk about. Was the same way for TRS & Paul's forum as well. That is why it was laughable when he pretty much banned everyone here in favor of bringing in "new" people to his site. He eliminated the drama sure, but he also eliminated the entire ecosystem too, nothing but Eagle 15 and Vice President jerking each other off now about HHour. Like I told Paul and others who think that way, if the socom subreddit is dead then only a fool would think having a niche forum is gonna be active.

I still think he did not think shit thru and jumped to a stupid decision. He did not even tell Junglist what he was doing until the day of, that just reeks of not thinking things through. Then he went on a legit power trip and the rest is history.