Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Discussion

(07-08-2019, 02:55 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 02:23 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: I have to say that when I reflect back on my life I really wish I had joined the Navy.

After High School I really stagnated for a few years and went through a bit of depression and loneliness as many of my friends went off to college and the military. My mother got breast cancer a few months after I graduated and I took a job working with one of my uncles to help her pay the bills and keep her house. Thankfully she recovered and was healthy and able to return to work after 6 months or so.

But instead of refocusing my thoughts onto my future I kind of just filled the void of most of my friends being off in college and the military with negative behaviors and lifestyle. And after a few years of that it became a hard sell to convince me to give up the lifestyle of drugs, money, gambling, and women in exchange for getting my ass handed to me in basic training.

In retrospect I really wish I had the foresight and strength of character to take that chance on myself. There is no doubt I would be better off as a man had I done that.
Hindsight is 20/20 broski. Look at it this way: if you've been about that life for this long, it means you were able to live through it. You aren't dead.
Trust me, even now I look back on some of the things I did or didn't do, said or didn't say, and kick myself for it. I should have cared more about school when I was in instead of doing just enough to not flunk out. I would have never even ended up in the Navy.
Do I regret joining? Not especially, but my life should have gone in a different direction. It is what it is, though; I am glad I am where I am and glad I have had the experiences I have had, even the bad ones.

Never too late to change things around man. One of the first steps to doing so is just manning up and admitting that Chicago has better food than the Tri-State area.  Once you do that, you'll be well on your way to a fruitful life...

Oh yea. Chicago just oozes class. Im sure I would run into one of the pristine examples of Chicago women at one of your fine dining establishments.

You guys are giving Philly a run for their money as the biggest scumbag fanbase.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/08/chica...white-sox/

(07-08-2019, 03:17 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 02:55 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20 broski. Look at it this way: if you've been about that life for this long, it means you were able to live through it. You aren't dead.
Trust me, even now I look back on some of the things I did or didn't do, said or didn't say, and kick myself for it. I should have cared more about school when I was in instead of doing just enough to not flunk out. I would have never even ended up in the Navy.
Do I regret joining? Not especially, but my life should have gone in a different direction. It is what it is, though; I am glad I am where I am and glad I have had the experiences I have had, even the bad ones.

Never too late to change things around man. One of the first steps to doing so is just manning up and admitting that Chicago has better food than the Tri-State area.  Once you do that, you'll be well on your way to a fruitful life...

Oh yea. Chicago just oozes class. Im sure I would run into one of the pristine examples of Chicago women at one of your fine dining establishments.

You guys are giving Philly a run for their money as the biggest scumbag fanbase.

Those are Cubs fans. The thing that is so hilarious about it is that this was during a crosstown rivalry series with the White Sox, so you figured the fighting would break out one against the other. But NO!!! The Cubs fans are fighting among themselves. Ask Dizee about the Cubs. I guarantee we are both on the same page. I am a White Sox fan, and the Cubs get none of my attention. 

Let's be real here, though. As bad as Philly even is with their garbage fans, SF Giants and Raiders fans are the worst. They KILL rival teams' fans, which to me is pathetic.

I never said anything about being classy, BTW. I just said we have better food. When you lose an Olympic bid because a kid gets beat to death and it's filmed, you kind of lose the ability to call yourselves classy.

(07-08-2019, 03:36 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 03:17 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Oh yea. Chicago just oozes class. Im sure I would run into one of the pristine examples of Chicago women at one of your fine dining establishments.

Those are Cubs fans. The thing that is so hilarious about it is that this was during a crosstown rivalry series with the White Sox, so you figured the fighting would break out one against the other. But NO!!! The Cubs fans are fighting among themselves. Ask Dizee about the Cubs. I guarantee we are both on the same page. I am a White Sox fan, and the Cubs get none of my attention. 

Let's be real here, though. As bad as Philly even is with their garbage fans, SF Giants and Raiders fans are the worst. They KILL rival teams' fans, which to me is pathetic.

I never said anything about being classy, BTW. I just said we have better food. When you lose an Olympic bid because a kid gets beat to death and it's filmed, you kind of lose the ability to call yourselves classy.

Got a TLDR on the kid getting beat to death?

I searched "Oakland Raiders fan beat to death". And there are literally HUNDREDS of results over the past 10 years. Lol.

(07-08-2019, 04:07 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 03:36 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Those are Cubs fans. The thing that is so hilarious about it is that this was during a crosstown rivalry series with the White Sox, so you figured the fighting would break out one against the other. But NO!!! The Cubs fans are fighting among themselves. Ask Dizee about the Cubs. I guarantee we are both on the same page. I am a White Sox fan, and the Cubs get none of my attention. 

Got a TLDR on the kid getting beat to death?

I searched "Oakland Raiders fan beat to death". And there are literally HUNDREDS of results over the past 10 years. Lol.
I can't find it, but it was right before Rio was chosen to host in 2016. I mean, it wasn't the ONLY reason we lost the bid. There's always back room cash being thrown around, but I guarantee you that had the IOC concerned...
So let's instead have the city that was the inspiration and location for Sujo host it...

(07-09-2019, 08:30 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 04:07 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Got a TLDR on the kid getting beat to death?

I can't find it, but it was right before Rio was chosen to host in 2016. I mean, it wasn't the ONLY reason we lost the bid. There's always back room cash being thrown around, but I guarantee you that had the IOC concerned...
So let's instead have the city that was the inspiration and location for Sujo host it...

Really speaks volumes that a city that literally had corpses floating around the river next to the stadium where the Olympics were being held and made it so to rowing events had to be moved was a superior choice to Ookland.

I could go on for hours about Brazil. South America in general really. Its a fascinating dichotomy to look at North and South America and the difference in approach between the British, French, Spanish, and Portuguese towards the New World.

Spain and Portugal went with the whole "Fuck it, kill it, and steal everthing of value" approach, while the French and British had a colonists mentality. Despite the revised commie history taught to kids today about the founding of America. It really shows in the current state of both places.

It wasn't Oakland, it was Chicago. And don't you dare go comparing Chicago to Oakland. We have our faults, but we are not at an Oakland level...

(07-09-2019, 10:54 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: It wasn't Oakland, it was Chicago. And don't you dare go comparing Chicago to Oakland. We have our faults, but we are not at an Oakland level...

Shit, who would do that?

It'd be like comparing soccer to wrestling. Some people may prefer one over the other, but they're both fucking gay.

(07-09-2019, 02:34 PM)hitman Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 10:54 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: It wasn't Oakland, it was Chicago. And don't you dare go comparing Chicago to Oakland. We have our faults, but we are not at an Oakland level...

Shit, who would do that?

It'd be like comparing soccer to wrestling. Some people may prefer one over the other, but they're both fucking gay.
I see what you did there; KNOWING I like both...

Well played. Well played...

saw a nice fight between sox and cub fans on twitter today Junglist. it was almost as good as watching the fat black slobs brawling at disneyland infront of children and mickey mouse.

(07-09-2019, 04:47 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 02:34 PM)hitman Wrote: Shit, who would do that?

I see what you did there; KNOWING I like both...

Well played. Well played...
I didn't know, but Bob's your uncle  Tongue