Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Discussion

(07-09-2019, 05:11 PM)dizee Wrote: saw a nice fight between sox and cub fans on twitter today Junglist. it was almost as good as watching the fat black slobs brawling at disneyland infront of children and mickey mouse.
Guarantee the Sox fans won, HAHAHAHA!!!
Guess Disneyland isn't the happiest place on Earth.

(07-09-2019, 05:14 PM)hitman Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 04:47 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: I see what you did there; KNOWING I like both...

Well played. Well played...
I didn't know, but Bob's your uncle  Tongue
Ahh honestly thought you did know. I haven't kept my love for either a secret. I played soccer for 20 years up through adult club level. Wrestling is a guilty pleasure of mine. Wish WWE was better than it is now, to be honest. They have a roster loaded with amazing talent, but the creative writing teams is a joke. And Vince McMahon isn't the same mad genius he used to be...

(07-10-2019, 07:45 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 05:11 PM)dizee Wrote: saw a nice fight between sox and cub fans on twitter today Junglist. it was almost as good as watching the fat black slobs brawling at disneyland infront of children and mickey mouse.
Guarantee the Sox fans won, HAHAHAHA!!!

(07-09-2019, 05:14 PM)hitman Wrote: I didn't know, but Bob's your uncle  Tongue
Ahh honestly thought you did know. I haven't kept my love for either a secret. I played soccer for 20 years up through adult club level. Wrestling is a guilty pleasure of mine. Wish WWE was better than it is now, to be honest. They have a roster loaded with amazing talent, but the creative writing teams is a joke. And Vince McMahon isn't the same mad genius he used to be...

> I played soccer for 20 years up through adult club level. 

> I jogged around with 20 other guys and kicked a ball around for an hour and a half.

Ftfy

(07-21-2019, 05:01 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 07:45 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Guarantee the Sox fans won, HAHAHAHA!!!

> I played soccer for 20 years up through adult club level. 

> I jogged around with 20 other guys and kicked a ball around for an hour and a half.

Ftfy
Yep, I did miss this.

You forgot about stoppage time, so it was normally longer than an hour and a half. Big Grin

(07-29-2019, 08:03 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 05:01 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: > I played soccer for 20 years up through adult club level. 

Ftfy
Yep, I did miss this.

You forgot about stoppage time, so it was normally longer than an hour and a half. Big Grin

Nothing wrong with soccer. It should just be reclassified from a sport to a form of training. Something on the Cross-fit level.

Also, all true soccer players around the globe should still be in the closet cringing as long as that insufferable purple haired bull dyke is still in the news. What an embarrassment to her sport, her country, and to athletic competitors everywhere.

It always gives me a good chuckle when these slits talk about equal pay. The absolute BEST females in America were easily beaten by teenage boys. The Womens World Cup brings in about 10% of what the mens does. The WNBA actually operates at a loss because the only people who watch it are bull dykes and family members of the players.

Tennis is even more laughable as the women play only 3 sets compared to 5 for the men yet are paid almost equally.

Sex robots and artificial wombs cant come soon enough. We need to exterminate every last one of these slits if mankind is going to advance.

(07-29-2019, 08:50 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 08:03 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Yep, I did miss this.

Nothing wrong with soccer. It should just be reclassified from a sport to a form of training. Something on the Cross-fit level.

Also, all true soccer players around the globe should still be in the closet cringing as long as that insufferable purple haired bull dyke is still in the news. What an embarrassment to her sport, her country, and to athletic competitors everywhere.

It always gives me a good chuckle when these slits talk about equal pay. The absolute BEST females in America were easily beaten by teenage boys. The Womens World Cup brings in about 10% of what the mens does. The WNBA actually operates at a loss because the only people who watch it are bull dykes and family members of the players.

Tennis is even more laughable as the women play only 3 sets compared to 5 for the men yet are paid almost equally.

Sex robots and artificial wombs cant come soon enough. We need to exterminate every last one of these slits if mankind is going to advance.
Soccer is absolutely a sport, and you know it.

Don't get me started on Rapinoe. You want to speak out against the president, fine, I am ok with that. But have some damn class, and don't make the World Cup about YOU, which is exactly what she did. The thing that really gets me is the flag drop. Accident or not, poor judgment or not, that was classless. Know your damn surroundings. Hats off to the girl that had the wherewithal to pick the flag up. Those three should get utterly destroyed reputation-wise for doing that. 

I am also ok with equal pay, if you are generating the same revenue. The USWNT actually pulls in more of a percentage of generated revenue than the MNT. And yeah, the U-15s totally spanked the WNT, which is a total credibility killer to the whole 'anything you can do, we can do" narrative. Something that in this day and age is totally necessary at times.

Tennis. I still remember us having that amazing Discord discussion where we were both watching that one match and could not stop talking about how amazing that one female's legs were.

I play tennis too, and take it seriously. I'm not good, but I still play for real (or try to anyway), as a way to add a fun exercise activity to my regimen. I can definitely watch men's tennis for the sporting aspect more than women's. That Federer/Djokovic Wimbledon final was legendary. Amazing that Roger Federer still brings it at his age. What's really sad as a fan of the sport is that the game is STILL relying on players like them and Nadal when the torch should have been passed years ago to the younger players. But no one is good enough to carry it.

I mean, you had Borg, Connors and McEnroe pass the torch to Boris Becker, Ivan Lendl. Agassi, Sampras and Jim Courier, who then passed it to Federer, Andy Roddick (for a minute), Nadal, Andy Murray, and Djokovic. Now there is a total void of younger players that can even get on their level. Either the sport is doomed, or the level of play is going to seriously dip once they are gone.

(07-29-2019, 09:49 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 08:50 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Nothing wrong with soccer. It should just be reclassified from a sport to a form of training. Something on the Cross-fit level.

Soccer is absolutely a sport, and you know it.

Don't get me started on Rapinoe. You want to speak out against the president, fine, I am ok with that. But have some damn class, and don't make the World Cup about YOU, which is exactly what she did. The thing that really gets me is the flag drop. Accident or not, poor judgment or not, that was classless. Know your damn surroundings. Hats off to the girl that had the wherewithal to pick the flag up. Those three should get utterly destroyed reputation-wise for doing that. 

I am also ok with equal pay, if you are generating the same revenue. The USWNT actually pulls in more of a percentage of generated revenue than the MNT. And yeah, the U-15s totally spanked the WNT, which is a total credibility killer to the whole 'anything you can do, we can do" narrative. Something that in this day and age is totally necessary at times.

Tennis. I still remember us having that amazing Discord discussion where we were both watching that one match and could not stop talking about how amazing that one female's legs were.

I play tennis too, and take it seriously. I'm not good, but I still play for real (or try to anyway), as a way to add a fun exercise activity to my regimen. I can definitely watch men's tennis for the sporting aspect more than women's. That Federer/Djokovic Wimbledon final was legendary. Amazing that Roger Federer still brings it at his age. What's really sad as a fan of the sport is that the game is STILL relying on players like them and Nadal when the torch should have been passed years ago to the younger players. But no one is good enough to carry it.

I mean, you had Borg, Connors and McEnroe pass the torch to Boris Becker, Ivan Lendl. Agassi, Sampras and Jim Courier, who then passed it to Federer, Andy Roddick (for a minute), Nadal, Andy Murray, and Djokovic. Now there is a total void of younger players that can even get on their level. Either the sport is doomed, or the level of play is going to seriously dip once they are gone.

I absolutely LOVE tennis. And for me a top level tennis match is as must watch as any sporting event out there.

To me the pinnacle was the 08 Wimbledon Final and I consider that the greatest match in the sports history. The Federer era was a blessing in that as great as he was, he had a foil who could test him. Murray and JOKEavic blossomed later at the tail end of Federer's physical peak. But his game was so smooth and flawless when he finally lost a step, it was almost imperceptible.

With Rafa Roidal, as soon as he couldnt chase down those groundstrokes, he was an average player.

Watching Federer at his best was pure sublime beauty. The man made insane shots with the flick of a wrist that were literally unreturnable. At his best he was by far the best of the Big 4 of his era.

I wont even touch on the "female" side of the sport where the WTA allowed a roided out tranny ape to make a mockery of the sport for 20 years while suspending human women like Sharapova for an athsma drug that wasnt even on the banned list for 2 years while allowing Serena to hide in her panic room and refuse a random drug test and did nothing about it. (True story, look it up).

Watching that disgusting apes antics over the years while "she" was obviously on more steroids than Ivan Drago is a stain on womens tennis that will never be removed. The steam that rises off of Steffi Graf's shit has more class and talent than that fucking pig.

Could not agree more on everything said here. I see you throwing shade at Djokovic, and that is where I will disagree. Had he really hit his prime while Federer was at the top of his game, he still would have been great. Not Federer great, but I think he would have supplanted Nadal as the number 2 guy. Djokovic is a fantastic player. Nadal I have never been able to stand because of how one dimensional he was until Federer slowed. He could only dominate on clay. Credit to him for playing on such a difficult surface, but it's also because that's what he grew up playing on.

For all around game, I think Roger Federer is the greatest player I have ever seen. Sampras is probably number 2, though I would throw Agassi and Becker in that mix as well. all 4 have a great blend of power, finesse, baseline and net game. I think out of the 4 though, Becker's serve and volley skills are in a class by themselves.

I think Monica Seles was well on her way to being the best female of all time before she got stabbed, and Martina Hingis would have probably been the best ever had the game not transitioned into steroid ball. Plus, we both know she liked to party too. I stopped watching women's tennis as a whole when the Williams "sisters" came along. Sometimes I'll catch a match, but I always watched both finals for all 4 slams. Not really anymore. I did enjoy watching Serena get destroyed this year at Wimbledon.

Martina Navratilova and Steffi were the best I've seen though. Before Monica Seles came along, Steffi was practically unbeatable.

(07-29-2019, 02:21 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Could not agree more on everything said here. I see you throwing shade at Djokovic, and that is where I will disagree. Had he really hit his prime while Federer was at the top of his game, he still would have been great. Not Federer great, but I think he would have supplanted Nadal as the number 2 guy. Djokovic is a fantastic player. Nadal I have never been able to stand because of how one dimensional he was until Federer slowed. He could only dominate on clay. Credit to him for playing on such a difficult surface, but it's also because that's what he grew up playing on.

For all around game, I think Roger Federer is the greatest player I have ever seen. Sampras is probably number 2, though I would throw Agassi and Becker in that mix as well. all 4 have a great blend of power, finesse, baseline and net game. I think out of the 4 though, Becker's serve and volley skills are in a class by themselves.

I think Monica Seles was well on her way to being the best female of all time before she got stabbed, and Martina Hingis would have probably been the best ever had the game not transitioned into steroid ball. Plus, we both know she liked to party too. I stopped watching women's tennis as a whole when the Williams "sisters" came along. Sometimes I'll catch a match, but I always watched both finals for all 4 slams. Not really anymore. I did enjoy watching Serena get destroyed this year at Wimbledon.

Martina Navratilova and Steffi were the best I've seen though. Before Monica Seles came along, Steffi was practically unbeatable.

I think Djokovic is a fantastic player, dont get me wrong. And I respect the shit out of his game. But to a trained eye you can just see the superiority of Federer. Its like comparing Clyde Drexler to Michael Jordan.

The other 3 of the Big 4 had to literally spill every ounce of their souls and bodies to have a chance to beat Fed and he would also have to be having an off day for them to have a chance.

You can see the other 3 are self made players who have to bust their ass to be at that level. Fed just lives there. They rent. Not that Fed doesnt work just as hard, but their is a grace and beauty to his play 5hat even when he is in the middle of an incredible rally, he makes it look effortless. Watching Rafa or Murray or Novak after something similiar and you can see they shot their load. Fed just has an elegance to his game that you have to be born with.

Going back to the Sampras era, his rivalry with Agassi was bittersweet for me. At first I thought Agassi was preening faggot and couldnt stand him and I liked Sampras' more workmanlike style. But after his fall from grace after his Wimbledon win in 92 and watching him bust his ass and actually play in public qualifiers to get into the US Open in 94 and completely change his life and training habits I became a huge fan.

To me Sampras will always be overrated.

1) Hes Greek. So thats reason enough to hate him.
2) He married Bridgette Wilson. She was meant to be with me.
3) He benefitted from a thin talent pool and beating up on a lot of over the hill bums.

Now you gotta beat whos in front of you and you cant fault a guy for bad competition, but other than Agassi when he actually felt like playing and Goran Ivanisovich, there wasnt much competion his age.

Sampras was the last Serve and Volley player to dominate. Because of changes in the game and equipment he would get destroyed by Federer. Federer would have returns wizzing past Sampras' ear before he could even approach. Its unfortunate because I do appreciate the Connors/McEnroe style and feel it makes for better rallies. But the game now is just 150MPH serves and then baseline rallies till somebody gets an angle. 

Which is surprising to me with the advances in sports science a S and V style of play allows for a much longer career and is less stress on the body overall.

(07-29-2019, 03:07 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 02:21 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Could not agree more on everything said here. I see you throwing shade at Djokovic, and that is where I will disagree. Had he really hit his prime while Federer was at the top of his game, he still would have been great. Not Federer great, but I think he would have supplanted Nadal as the number 2 guy. Djokovic is a fantastic player. Nadal I have never been able to stand because of how one dimensional he was until Federer slowed. He could only dominate on clay. Credit to him for playing on such a difficult surface, but it's also because that's what he grew up playing on.

I think Djokovic is a fantastic player, dont get me wrong. And I respect the shit out of his game. But to a trained eye you can just see the superiority of Federer. Its like comparing Clyde Drexler to Michael Jordan.

The other 3 of the Big 4 had to literally spill every ounce of their souls and bodies to have a chance to beat Fed and he would also have to be having an off day for them to have a chance.

You can see the other 3 are self made players who have to bust their ass to be at that level. Fed just lives there. They rent. Not that Fed doesnt work just as hard, but their is a grace and beauty to his play 5hat even when he is in the middle of an incredible rally, he makes it look effortless. Watching Rafa or Murray or Novak after something similiar and you can see they shot their load. Fed just has an elegance to his game that you have to be born with.

Going back to the Sampras era, his rivalry with Agassi was bittersweet for me. At first I thought Agassi was preening faggot and couldnt stand him and I liked Sampras' more workmanlike style. But after his fall from grace after his Wimbledon win in 92 and watching him bust his ass and actually play in public qualifiers to get into the US Open in 94 and completely change his life and training habits I became a huge fan.

3) He benefitted from a thin talent pool and beating up on a lot of over the hill bums.

Now you gotta beat whos in front of you and you cant fault a guy for bad competition, but other than Agassi when he actually felt like playing and Goran Ivanisovich, there wasnt much competion his age.

Sampras was the last Serve and Volley player to dominate. Because of changes in the game and equipment he would get destroyed by Federer. Federer would have returns wizzing past Sampras' ear before he could even approach. Its unfortunate because I do appreciate the Connors/McEnroe style and feel it makes for better rallies. But the game now is just 150MPH serves and then baseline rallies till somebody gets an angle. 

Which is surprising to me with the advances in sports science a S and V style of play allows for a much longer career and is less stress on the body overall.

1) Hes Greek. So thats reason enough to hate him. - Cheap Shot, so you can suck it
2) He married Bridgette Wilson. She was meant to be with me. - Bridgette Wilson = overrated
3) He benefitted from a thin talent pool and beating up on a lot of over the hill bums. - Jim Courier, Andre Agassi, Ivo, Michael Stich, Boris Becker, Ivan Lendl, Mats Wilander, Patrick Rafter, Michael Chang, Yannick Noah, Stefan Edberg (who I forgot to add as part of that 80's to 90's torch passing), Thomas Muster.

As you can see, that's a pretty deep field of top level talent. Some on that list are legends. Thomas Muster was probably the most hated player in the 90's and he gaved both Sampras and Agassi fits. Obviously not all are legend status in my list, but they were still really damn good and would have been really damn good in any era. Then Don't forget Sampras' 02 US Open. That was fantastic and a great way to go out.

That being said, while I feel Sampras is the secdond greatest player I have seen, he is nowhere NEAR Federer. No one is, was, or will be. Djokovic will probably break his Slam record, but that's also because like I said, no one has stepped up to challenge these 3, and most of Djokovic's wins are post prime Federer, if not all of them. Roger is 37 and is ranked third in the world. That shouldn't happen the way tennis has traditionally been.
None of what I say is in any way meant to knock Federer. I have never seen anyone play at his level. He is by far my favorite player ever, and he is a great human being.

I never hated Agassi, but yeah, him with hair is a completely different person, and I became a HUUUUUUUGE fan of his as he pulled himself out of the gutter. His redemption story should have been a biopic by now.

(07-29-2019, 03:28 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 03:07 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: I think Djokovic is a fantastic player, dont get me wrong. And I respect the shit out of his game. But to a trained eye you can just see the superiority of Federer. Its like comparing Clyde Drexler to Michael Jordan.

1) Hes Greek. So thats reason enough to hate him. - Cheap Shot, so you can suck it
2) He married Bridgette Wilson. She was meant to be with me. - Bridgette Wilson = overrated
3) He benefitted from a thin talent pool and beating up on a lot of over the hill bums. - Jim Courier, Andre Agassi, Ivo, Michael Stich, Boris Becker, Ivan Lendl, Mats Wilander, Patrick Rafter, Michael Chang, Yannick Noah, Stefan Edberg (who I forgot to add as part of that 80's to 90's torch passing), Thomas Muster.

As you can see, that's a pretty deep field of top level talent. Some on that list are legends. Thomas Muster was probably the most hated player in the 90's and he gaved both Sampras and Agassi fits. Obviously not all are legend status in my list, but they were still really damn good and would have been really damn good in any era. Then Don't forget Sampras' 02 US Open. That was fantastic and a great way to go out.

That being said, while I feel Sampras is the secdond greatest player I have seen, he is nowhere NEAR Federer. No one is, was, or will be. Djokovic will probably break his Slam record, but that's also because like I said, no one has stepped up to challenge these 3, and most of Djokovic's wins are post prime Federer, if not all of them. Roger is 37 and is ranked third in the world. That shouldn't happen the way tennis has traditionally been.
None of what I say is in any way meant to knock Federer. I have never seen anyone play at his level. He is by far my favorite player ever, and he is a great human being.

I never hated Agassi, but yeah, him with hair is a completely different person, and I became a HUUUUUUUGE fan of his as he pulled himself out of the gutter. His redemption story should have been a biopic by now.

Ok first off, take back the Bridgette Wilson comment or things will never be the same between us. Seriously. 

Also. The list of guys you put up were ALL at the tail end of there careers when Sampras came of age. 

2) Sampras' dominance was 70% Wimbledon. He didnt win a hard court Major after 97 until his last one in 02 against Agassi and if the tie break rules for every other Major were in effect except for the US Open Agassi would have beat him. Thats why he retired like a bitch right after that cuz he knew Fed was gonna push his shit in. While Andre still hung 8n thete and made it to the 05 final..

All them cats you listed were either bums or over the hill scrubs still playing with wooden rackets. Go look up Rafter Sampras 98 on Jewtube and look at Pete crying like a bitch at the umpire.

No DOUBT Sampras was a beast. Not saying he wasnt. But he was a 2 trick pony. Huge serve. And after he got you on your heels off the serve he killed you. Agassi was the better player overall by far, except he couldnt compete with the Sampras serve. Which was absolutely world class.

Also this is a thr3ad about one of our beloved brothers making the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. So if someone with mod abilities could maybe move this convo to a sports thread Id appreciate it.

I dont want to disrespect PREs announcement by talking about tennis. Although we will still continue this convo Jung........