Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Discussion

(07-31-2019, 08:25 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 06:16 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Can't argue with anything said here. Certain things Jordan isn't credited with being great at because he didn't do them as much as others. MJ was an incredible passer, but for most of his career he was option A through J so that part of his game didn't shine as much. I know what you are getting at, I just wanted to point that out.
As an opinion, I'd say golf is even more pure than the others, and not because I love the game so much. Whether you on the first tee on a Sunday morning just getting a round in, or in a tournament, it's really just you against the golf course. Sure your objective is to beat the field, but you don't necessarily do that by making others succumb to your skill. You have to tame the golf course. Master its conditions. Even in a match play format, you need to master the golf course better than the next guy.

Tennis absolutely. You have no one to blame but yourself if you lose. You get outplayed, it's because YOU weren't as good as the other guy. Not because your teammate missed a shot (or a field goal after your team played poorly all game, yet managed to march down the field to put you in a position to win it).

Your last paragraph here reminded me of a discussion or interview with John McEnroe and how the locker room dynamic changes drastically during a tennis Major.

He was speaking towards how when the tournament begins, the locker room is packed with every Tom Dick and Harry because theres literally 100ish guys playing.

What was interesting is how he said things changed as the field was cut down. Initially there would be a lot of locker room hijinks and joking, but when the field continued to narrow it would eventually be 8, 4, 2 guys. And the mental aspect really crept in at that point. When there 50 Alphas snapping towels its not really an issue, but he said when it was Borg and him and 2 other guys, there was no question who the lead dog was. He said many of those matches were won in the locker room before they ever hit the court.

And I have to agree. Imagine getting your gear set up next to Fed as he acts like hes heading out to a BBQ and you are wonder8ng how the fuck you are just gonna keep yourself from getting embarrassed.

He said Borg would prep in full silence and it was so disconcerting he would rather have been screaming and talking shit to him.

The mental fortitude to be at that level is just as impressive as the physical to me.

(07-31-2019, 07:44 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Roddick definitely would have had more majors if not for Federer, and if he would have put his own ego aside and adapted his game, he should have probably won some more in spite of Federer. I have to put McEnroe and hell, possibly even Borg in a top 5, or a top 7, as your list and these added 2 from 3 down could be interchangeable. Put them with today's equipment and where do they match up? I think they would have been right up there near the top and probably held the top spot for a little while here and there.

If you keep your own personal beliefs out of this, a slight variation of your movie just happened this past April at Augusta National.

Bro. Love me some Tiger Woods. Im the LAST guy to shit on anybody for being a degenerate scumbag who fucks skanks like its my job.

My issue with Woods was always the media. I couldnt care less that he was a Chigger. Who cares? He was fucking great. That should be enough. I never once cares what color his skin was. If youre great, youre great. Dont force feed me the racial bullshit.

However, in trying to "Tigerproof" courses after he began to dominate, they actually inadvertently helped him. Because all they did was stretch the holes which allowed his long game to dominate even more. He was also a frontrunner and never had to battle for any of his Majors. He either shot out of the gate and ran away and hid, or he sat in the middle.

I will admit though that it gives me great joy he will never beat Jack's Major record.

Theres an interesting article I read about how after Tigers dad died he went on some crazy shit train8ng for real with the Navy SEALS. Around 2006. And the physical beating fucked his game up.

Reply 1. Ayrton Senna had that same effect on his opponents as well. Except for Alain Prost that is. Tennis is absolutely mental, especially when you are the two top guys whose skill levels are near equal physically. 

Reply 2. Tiger's insane training regimen and the fact that he swung himself out of his shoes all the time really shortened his career, and it is sad. He lost all of his flexibility when he bulked up. Tigerproofing, or should I saw Koepkaproofing courses has become impossible now that the equipment has gotten to where it is. The equipment and the training guys like DJ and Brooks Koepka does leads to insane distance. It doesn't hurt either that a guy like DJ is 6'4" and has a spine made out of elastic. It's his training though. He keeps himself in great shape and also works on maintaining his flexibility because he knows that's his meal ticket to bombing 400 yard drives. Watch his rotation when he swings. He swings hard, but it's a lot more effortless than prime time Tiger. 

15 years ago, I averaged 275-280 off the tee, rolled it out to around 300 and hit it as far as 320-330 when trying to kill it. Now, 15 YEARS LATER in my early 40's, I am able to get it out to 330 and I am not swinging as hard. I regularly land it 295 off the tee and roll it to 315-320. That shouldn't happen.

I'm a drive for show type of guy, and while not dead center fairway every tee shot I normally am in a good position for my second shot.. My game from 145 in is very streaky, so I'll shoot anywhere from mid 80's to high 90's.

Never say never on Tiger and 19 majors. Yeah, the odds are definitely against him, but no one thought he'd win the Masters again. Personally, I don't think he will, but I'd love to see him do it.

(07-31-2019, 09:07 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 08:25 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Your last paragraph here reminded me of a discussion or interview with John McEnroe and how the locker room dynamic changes drastically during a tennis Major.

He was speaking towards how when the tournament begins, the locker room is packed with every Tom Dick and Harry because theres literally 100ish guys playing.

What was interesting is how he said things changed as the field was cut down. Initially there would be a lot of locker room hijinks and joking, but when the field continued to narrow it would eventually be 8, 4, 2 guys. And the mental aspect really crept in at that point. When there 50 Alphas snapping towels its not really an issue, but he said when it was Borg and him and 2 other guys, there was no question who the lead dog was. He said many of those matches were won in the locker room before they ever hit the court.

And I have to agree. Imagine getting your gear set up next to Fed as he acts like hes heading out to a BBQ and you are wonder8ng how the fuck you are just gonna keep yourself from getting embarrassed.

He said Borg would prep in full silence and it was so disconcerting he would rather have been screaming and talking shit to him.

The mental fortitude to be at that level is just as impressive as the physical to me.

Bro. Love me some Tiger Woods. Im the LAST guy to shit on anybody for being a degenerate scumbag who fucks skanks like its my job.

My issue with Woods was always the media. I couldnt care less that he was a Chigger. Who cares? He was fucking great. That should be enough. I never once cares what color his skin was. If youre great, youre great. Dont force feed me the racial bullshit.

However, in trying to "Tigerproof" courses after he began to dominate, they actually inadvertently helped him. Because all they did was stretch the holes which allowed his long game to dominate even more. He was also a frontrunner and never had to battle for any of his Majors. He either shot out of the gate and ran away and hid, or he sat in the middle.

I will admit though that it gives me great joy he will never beat Jack's Major record.

Theres an interesting article I read about how after Tigers dad died he went on some crazy shit train8ng for real with the Navy SEALS. Around 2006. And the physical beating fucked his game up.

Reply 1. Ayrton Senna had that same effect on his opponents as well. Except for Alain Prost that is. Tennis is absolutely mental, especially when you are the two top guys whose skill levels are near equal physically. 

Reply 2. Tiger's insane training regimen and the fact that he swung himself out of his shoes all the time really shortened his career, and it is sad. He lost all of his flexibility when he bulked up. Tigerproofing, or should I saw Koepkaproofing courses has become impossible now that the equipment has gotten to where it is. The equipment and the training guys like DJ and Brooks Koepka does leads to insane distance. It doesn't hurt either that a guy like DJ is 6'4" and has a spine made out of elastic. It's his training though. He keeps himself in great shape and also works on maintaining his flexibility because he knows that's his meal ticket to bombing 400 yard drives. Watch his rotation when he swings. He swings hard, but it's a lot more effortless than prime time Tiger. 

15 years ago, I averaged 275-280 off the tee, rolled it out to around 300 and hit it as far as 320-330 when trying to kill it. Now, 15 YEARS LATER in my early 40's, I am able to get it out to 330 and I am not swinging as hard. I regularly land it 295 off the tee and roll it to 315-320. That shouldn't happen.

I'm a drive for show type of guy, and while not dead center fairway every tee shot I normally am in a good position for my second shot.. My game from 145 in is very streaky, so I'll shoot anywhere from mid 80's to high 90's.

Never say never on Tiger and 19 majors. Yeah, the odds are definitely against him, but no one thought he'd win the Masters again. Personally, I don't think he will, but I'd love to see him do it.

Tiger was also a PED guy.

When I read he was benching 345 and then started looking at his physique it was obvious he was on roids. 

As someone who has experience with steroids, I knew that was the beginning of the end. Golf is probably the ONLY sport where roids will HURT your game. Theres really no upside. 25 extra yards on your drive? Who cares?

Anyone who plays golf knows short game and putting is what matters. Once I saw he was juicing I knew it was a matter of time till he fell off.

Yes please. As much as I love having this convo with Jung I dont want to disrespect PRE and the brave shit he is doing for all of us by hijacking his thread to talk tennis and golf while our boy is gonna be training to do Gods work and kill Towelheads for us.

(07-31-2019, 09:55 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 09:07 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Reply 1. Ayrton Senna had that same effect on his opponents as well. Except for Alain Prost that is. Tennis is absolutely mental, especially when you are the two top guys whose skill levels are near equal physically. 

Tiger was also a PED guy.

When I read he was benching 345 and then started looking at his physique it was obvious he was on roids. 

As someone who has experience with steroids, I knew that was the beginning of the end. Golf is probably the ONLY sport where roids will HURT your game. Theres really no upside. 25 extra yards on your drive? Who cares?

Anyone who plays golf knows short game and putting is what matters. Once I saw he was juicing I knew it was a matter of time till he fell off.
While not 100% sure he was geared up, I cannot say he wasn't. I tend to think he did, as well as others, which is why the PGA instituted testing.
To my knowledge, Vijay Singh is the only one who was caught. He got nailed for that deer antler spray. He didn't even try to hide it, and he wasn't really using it to get big. It was just more for recovery purposes. It's shame, for him too. Had he been a more likable guy, he probably would have been less vilified for it. He still plays on the Champions Tour, but he's pretty much a pariah...

Only reason why we're still posting in his thread is for conversational continuity, but it would be a gentlemanly thing to move things here.

Moved the posts. Trade deadline is soon, wonder if any big moves will occur.

Thanks bro. Sox made a move today for some long term prospects. Pretty happy with it. Didn't really give up much except for International Pool money

(07-31-2019, 10:05 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 09:55 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Tiger was also a PED guy.

While not 100% sure he was geared up, I cannot say he wasn't. I tend to think he did, as well as others, which is why the PGA instituted testing.
To my knowledge, Vijay Singh is the only one who was caught. He got nailed for that deer antler spray. He didn't even try to hide it, and he wasn't really using it to get big. It was just more for recovery purposes. It's shame, for him too. Had he been a more likable guy, he probably would have been less vilified for it. He still plays on the Champions Tour, but he's pretty much a pariah...

Absolutely. Medial deltoids and Traps. Dead giveaway every time.

With his frame my guess would be high levels of Test with Masteron and Boldenone smoothed out with Anavar. As well as HGH as he obviously could afford it.

A fucking geek like him is not gonna even try to claim a 345 BP unless hes juiced up. For a 185 guy in his prime to bench double his weight without gear is damn near unheardof.

(07-31-2019, 09:07 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(07-31-2019, 08:25 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Your last paragraph here reminded me of a discussion or interview with John McEnroe and how the locker room dynamic changes drastically during a tennis Major.

Shooting 80s consistently means you are a seriously talented player around the club pro level.

Funny thing with me was I was/is and always have been horrible off the tee. If I wanted to get a good score, I would literally hit 2 5 or 7 irons of the tee rather than slice a driver into the woods.

My short game was always excellent (7I-PW) but I just could never get a comfortable swing on my drives and long woods. Im 6'2" but have short arms for my height and I could just never find that "smooth" natural drive.

Oncein close though, where you were more hunched over and could choke up or down a bit I shot very well. From 150 yards in I would put my game up against anybody.

Cards in 1st place at deadline

Sell at deadline

what happened to this franchise??