Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pumping Iron etc

(09-04-2019, 04:26 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 07:46 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: I guess I should have said I'll never get single digit without the gear...

Nor should you want to. Single digit is not comfortable for an active lifestyle. Its also not aesthetic unless your on gear and even then shred guys just look shitty to me. Winny makes you so vascular and dry that when you are at 8% on that shit it just looks gross and unhealthy.

If I could post pics Id show you what I mean.
You don't have to. I know exactly what you mean. And I also agree with you in regards to pushing for single digits. Not something I want to do. if I stay between 15 and 20% then I'm good. Only reason I'd need to be at single digits is if I was modelling or if I was competing. Neither are going to happen, so I am good.
People who go single digit usually end up hurting themselves doing the most mundane things. Remember all of those stupid oblique and just all around weird injuries baseball players got in the 90's? Yeah...no fat to cushion them. Sammy Sosa pulled rib cage muscles sneezing for crying out loud...

Sammy Sosa? Oh you mean that white baseball slugger?

[Image: sammy-sosa-2.jpg?crop=0px%2C47px%2C1331p...1200%2C630]

LOL. WTF^^

What you are seeing is what Sammy Sosa has become. Supposedly he had that skin issue Michael Jackson had, though I think he had a procedure. Might be wrong either way.

Dude is a total scumbag, and is persona non grata even among the Cubs. He was an absolute ME guy...

(09-05-2019, 11:56 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: What you are seeing is what Sammy Sosa has become. Supposedly he had that skin issue Michael Jackson had, though I think he had a procedure. Might be wrong either way.

Dude is a total scumbag, and is persona non grata even among the Cubs. He was an absolute ME guy...

There is huge market for skin bleaching products in the Carribean and Jamaica especially.

https://newsone.com/1159455/vybz-kartel-...n-jamaica/

Beyonce and many other black celebrities do the same. Its always funny for me to read some black militant talking about cultural appropriation while the poster girl for blackness Beyonce walks around with straight blonde hair, bleached skin and colored contacts.

Being White is so awesome that people will actually smear chemicals all over themselves in an attempt to look White.

So on Sunday I hit the weights pretty hard and managed to crank out some good pull ups and dips both inward and outward and did some other push pull type stuff. 

Thing is, I'm sore as fuck in the elbow area and now after a day of rest I'm wondering do I get back in there tonight or wait another day and rest? I can advil through it but it literally hurts to extend my arms upward and outward.  

I know this was coming but was looking for specificity on whether i should stick to Su, Tu, Th regardless the pain. Or should I adapt this first week and R&R and stick to cardio and free running up the hills around here? Lately been putting in 7-10 miles a session walking running up and down the terrain. So yeah...DTs or whatever, it fuckin hurts and is why I hate lifting heavy shit.

Eating good and clean though and have roasted 2 full birds since I've been here and ate nothing but vegetables and zero dairy save for some cheese and crackers. Pretty proud of myself so far..

(09-10-2019, 11:17 AM)SkiMask Wrote: So on Sunday I hit the weights pretty hard and managed to crank out some good pull ups and dips both inward and outward and did some other push pull type stuff. 

Thing is, I'm sore as fuck in the elbow area and now after a day of rest I'm wondering do I get back in there tonight or wait another day and rest? I can advil through it but it literally hurts to extend my arms upward and outward.  

I know this was coming but was looking for specificity on whether i should stick to Su, Tu, Th regardless the pain. Or should I adapt this first week and R&R and stick to cardio and free running up the hills around here? Lately been putting in 7-10 miles a session walking running up and down the terrain. So yeah...DTs or whatever, it fuckin hurts and is why I hate lifting heavy shit.

Eating good and clean though and have roasted 2 full birds since I've been here and ate nothing but vegetables and zero dairy save for some cheese and crackers. Pretty proud of myself so far..
Your soreness is normal. You should have waited to do Push pull until you had a routine going. Just stick to an old school routine till you get past the DOMS. I remember mentioning that. If not, then I apologize. Here's a good split for a beginner to use. I rest on the weekends, if you do not, and start on a Sunday, then adjust accordingly. Add ab work in whenever you want, depending on your time constraints. Rest days do not do any muscle work. Light cardio is fine, but you do not want to go mad strenuous. You can also do cardio on your lift days if you feel up to it...

Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Back/Bi's
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Chest/Tri's
Friday Shoulders
Sat and Sunday: Rest

Do this for 3 weeks, then go to a more specialized routine, like a Push/Pull or PHUL. Also, get some elbow compression sleeves and neoprene knee sleeves. Your joints will thank you. Your lack of arm extension is normal. Best way to get through that is to keep pushing and lift. Drop weight a tad though. And stretch, stretch, stretch...

EDIT: YEP, re-read my very first reply on page 1.

Still, good that you're getting out there. But do not RandR it, or you're gonna be right back at square 1 with the soreness...

(09-10-2019, 11:29 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Your soreness is normal. You should have waited to do Push pull until you had a routine going. Just stick to an old school routine till you get past the DOMS. I remember mentioning that. If not, then I apologize. Here's a good split for a beginner to use. I rest on the weekends, if you do not, and start on a Sunday, then adjust accordingly. Add ab work in whenever you want, depending on your time constraints. Rest days do not do any muscle work. Light cardio is fine, but you do not want to go mad strenuous. You can also do cardio on your lift days if you feel up to it...

Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Back/Bi's
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Chest/Tri's
Friday Shoulders
Sat and Sunday: Rest

Do this for 3 weeks, then go to a more specialized routine, like a Push/Pull or PHUL. Also, get some elbow compression sleeves and neoprene knee sleeves. Your joints will thank you. Your lack of arm extension is normal. Best way to get through that is to keep pushing and lift. Drop weight a tad though. And stretch, stretch, stretch...

EDIT: YEP, re-read my very first reply on page 1.

Still, good that you're getting out there. But do not RandR it, or you're gonna be right back at square 1 with the soreness...
You did and no need to smear my nose in it. LOL we both knew this was coming. So in this instance you would still return and fight through the existing soreness and just reduce the sets/resistance but still fight through, correct?

Or would you avoid arms altogether tonight?

There was really no other way to ease into this as I'm a fuckin couch potato and it hurts to try and touch my toes. So yeah...I can try and isolate more but it's just gonna hurt no matter what I do. I just want to get in, stretch, do a routine and repeat a few days a week until I can build up THEN can push more weight and variety.

So since I have no soreness in the pecs, back, legs I might work them tonight and give my arms a rest if I follow your strategy above. I know you rest muscle groups for more than every other day and it looks like you rest them each almost 4 days before targeting again.

So I could put the same strategy to practice but work the other areas versus heading back to dips and pulls because again no matter what I do, its gonna fuckin hurt for a few weeks regardless.

(08-10-2019, 03:28 AM)dizee Wrote: What do you recommend for strengthening lower back?

I most likely have a herniated or ruptured disc and spinal disc degeneration runs in my family on both sides. I sometimes get woken up when I sleep due to back pain also but it seems to be a rare case if I sleep with a pillow between my legs to help support my back more.
Dizee, Sorry I did not respond to this, and yeah I know I am late as hell, but I still wanted to offer advice. Lower back strengthening is all about one thing; CORE. and this is where bodyweight can come into play for you instead of using weights.

I do a combination of both. I do machine back extensions with 320lbs to strengthen my erector muscles, which are what support your spine. I started light and worked my way up. For you, if you want to use weights, I would suggest dumbbells. With stiff legs, bend forward at the waist and let the weights hang loosely, then slowly stand up, using only your back. 3 sets on 10-15 reps. Use light weight...

Other than that, I would do planks, standard and side planks. making sure to keep your back straight. 5 sets to failure, however long that is. Kneeling extensions are another good exercise. On all fours, reach one arm out straight ahead while extending the opposite leg backwards (right arm, left leg, vice versa). Hold for as long as you can, return back to all fours, and switch sides. repeat 5 times each side, or as many as you can go, and work your way up.

These are low impact moves that will strengthen your back and core without weights...well, minus the dumbbells.

I inadvertently did a full day fast on Saturday. Went out dove hunting and didn't bring any food because I was intending to IF till lunch or afternoon. Anyways must or ran over some pointed trash that a scumbag dumped out in the desert because I put a small hole in my front diver side tire. Had to waste a bunch of time getting that fixed and just ended up being busy with that and hunting that I just put off eating. BTW Ski the tire shop charged me $15 for a patch not a plug. But it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to put off eating. Must of drank 6-7L of water though. The scale was minus 5lb when I got back? I was like what the hell, it was dove hunting I mean I walked around a little but not like I do with quail or other hunts. Granted half of that weight comes back real quick when you eat but damn did that have an impact.

And no I didn't truly have no food with me. I keep an emergency stash in the truck and I'm pretty efficient in turning shotgun shells into consumables.