Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pumping Iron etc

(09-13-2019, 08:24 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Dude, stop fucking around with a "trainer" I dont even know what purpose they serve. And I hope to God you arent paying him.

Run 600mgs a week of Test E and eat clean and you will feel like a new fucking man. Period.
It was a free session they toss in with the membership.  Had I known he was going to waste my fucking time i wouldnt have bothered. I figured hey why not worst case I get the pitch and I still get a solid workout in and learn a couple new machines.

NOPE

That fuckin dildo of a dude. FOH with all that shit. After 15 minutes and not a moment too soon I told him not to waste his breath fro even one more minute and stopped that little chat of a sesh in the cafe area and fucked off to do work.

I figured I'd get a survey and sure enough! Filled it out and started with How fucking awkward was that?! Hopefully dude doesn't get bounced but I wasnt gonna hold in the shit either. Dude was sort of a scumbag smiley goofy looking fuck, so fuck him and his goals. What a turd burgular.

Anyways Ill give your guide a go Jung and report back on Wednesday how I feel and whatever. I'm sure I'm due for another couple rounds/weeks of DOMS. 

I've also been run through the gauntlet here at work so today I slipped up and went to Chick filet with a couple new guys and almost smeared that sauce on my face. Figured I have a whole chicken back at the crib to roast so fuck it I didn't want to come off as antisocial when they asked to roll.

Gonna golf and run this weekend and probably take a couple walks from the spot and get back into character by Sunday.

Fun fact: wearing a three piece suit doesn't aid in the flexibility portion of recovery whatsoever. Not even close. Friggin had to sleep on my arms the other night and I think that did the trick, lol.

Any updates Ski?

(09-26-2019, 05:13 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Any updates Ski?
Plenty. I'm sitting here in line picking up my kid from school so I can't really wall of text my thoughts just yet. 

Plus, some of what I wanna talk about may violate the site's terms. But I did just recently figure out CashApp does bitcoin now and tested it by purchasing a *blank* kit as well as some *blank*

Now I can proceed to ironborn if and when I get past the idea my cock isn't gonna stop doing what it does. Right now I'm finding out most dudes my age struggle with ED and I'm like a walking hard on 24/7 and a mere breeze puts me at attention. The thought that may never return now kind of frightens me. It didn't before but ive heard so many stories now of dudes looking like an Olympian but can't fuck to save their lives. Maybe soon though I dunno. 

Brings me to my next thing: brands and shapes of dumbells and what works best. Solid metal, plastic square type with removability of the bricks, spinning handled ones, etc. Jung, or anyone else have a preference for a particular brand/type?

Almost finished with the dojo and looking to add the gear within. Heavy bag for the garage, one them stand up pylon type inside and sparring mits and a square sparring kick pad.

Same with gloves, went to the Y today and went at the pylon bag a little heavy today without gloves and my wrist clicks now. jfc

I'm weak, but thats ok, have to start again somewhere. 

I've shredded down to high 150s from 180 during covid and now looking to just get back into a weekly routine (thanks jung for the excel sheet of that program your running its exactly what I needed!) on a regular basis.

Its hard not to feel like a soft POS through and through  but thats in my head. One day at a time.

(09-24-2020, 03:34 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
Plenty. I'm sitting here in line picking up my kid from school so I can't really wall of text my thoughts just yet. 

Plus, some of what I wanna talk about may violate the site's terms. But I did just recently figure out CashApp does bitcoin now and tested it by purchasing a *blank* kit as well as some *blank*

Now I can proceed to ironborn if and when I get past the idea my cock isn't gonna stop doing what it does. Right now I'm finding out most dudes my age struggle with ED and I'm like a walking hard on 24/7 and a mere breeze puts me at attention. The thought that may never return now kind of frightens me. It didn't before but ive heard so many stories now of dudes looking like an Olympian but can't fuck to save their lives. Maybe soon though I dunno. 

Brings me to my next thing: brands and shapes of dumbells and what works best. Solid metal, plastic square type with removability of the bricks, spinning handled ones, etc. Jung, or anyone else have a preference for a particular brand/type?

Almost finished with the dojo and looking to add the gear within. Heavy bag for the garage, one them stand up pylon type inside and sparring mits and a square sparring kick pad.

Same with gloves, went to the Y today and went at the pylon bag a little heavy today without gloves and my wrist clicks now. jfc

I've shredded down to high 150s from 180 during covid and now looking to just get back into a weekly routine (thanks jung for the excel sheet of that program your running its exactly what I needed!) on a regular basis.

Its hard not to feel like a soft POS through and through  but thats in my head. One day at a time.
My suggestion right now is to go with what is affordable. Gym equipment has gone through the roof pricewise due to overwhelming demand. I'd also look at adjustable dumbbells where you can change the weight. Personally, I have a set of dumbbells from 10-75lbs, but I've had them for a minute.

Also, if you are going to hit a bag, either get bag gloves with wrist wraps, get hand wraps, or use a combination of the 2. Going at it without stabilized wrists is a great way to hurt yourself. One mishit in a solid spot with loose wrists and you're shelved for a while.

It is entirely possible to doa clean bulk where you put on weight and eat healthy. I've never done it, but it is possible. My bulking always included Chicago food, and I wasn't bulking because I was planning on it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

Beginning last year when I said I was cutting in October to get to 215 and Mack laughed at me, I went and did the damn thing. Thought I was about 230, but I was actually 245 at the time. so I was built like a powerlifter (Not that I'm deading 1100 lbs). I did Keto until around Memorial Day and took it past my goal weight +20lbs and got to 195. Been off Keto, but still eating healthy-ish with some junk days here and there. Been maintaining 205-210 since then. Stopped lifting for a bit because I was getting joint and tendon pain at my elbows and just wanted to rest and make sure I healed being over 40. Starting a hard program next week to build a little mass, but not go crazy. Lost some mass with my weight loss and recovery period, but I should be able to get it back and add back 2-5 lbs of lean muscle...

(09-28-2020, 11:58 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: My suggestion right now is...
Glad to see you back, brother! Thanks for the input as always. Congrats on doing the damn thing. Nothing better than the feeling of wanting to do something then executing upon that thing and finding tremendous results thereafter.

About the wrists your completely right and I was pretty sweaty at the time despite having my fingers nails tucked in properly and fist locked correctly BUT I have extremely skinny wrists and until I can strengthen that area specifically the bag gloves were also on my list.

(09-24-2020, 03:34 PM)SkiMask Wrote:

Nice job on the cut down bro. I wish I could say the same. I did the opposite. I blew up around 30 lbs+ during that shit. But when big daddy government basically gives me the green light to sit around playing video games all day and limits my eating options to ordering pizzas from some poor bastard wearing a mask who leaves the pizza outside my door, knocks and runs away, all while PAYING me to do it, what do they expect?

Just tried on my winter pants I bought last year around this time that were slightly loose on me when I bought them and I need a pair or ratchet straps to get the button close enough to the hole to even attempt to get them on.

And as always Jung is spot on about wrist support while working the bag.

(09-28-2020, 11:58 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: My suggestion right now is to go with what is affordable. Gym equipment has gone through the roof pricewise due to overwhelming demand. I'd also look at adjustable dumbbells where you can change the weight. Personally, I have a set of dumbbells from 10-75lbs, but I've had them for a minute.
If you could spend MY money, what would you get though? Specificity is key...I know whatever I end up procuring will last me through my lifetime. 
(09-29-2020, 07:55 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Nice job on the cut down bro. I wish I could say the same. I did the opposite...And as always Jung is spot on about wrist support while working the bag.
Thanks for the push, tbh if it weren't for you and Jung, I wouldn't have even considered it at all. Last fall after about a week in CO I went pretty hard at it and was walking around in a three piece suit for those couple months with DOMS every week practically looking and feeling like a nuckle dragger but it prepared me mentally and physically to run circles around them college kids shining like the superstar i am. Made a couple long term friends in the process and it was a fuckin blast.

Somehow transitioning home in December I lost my routine and habit stacks and started eating out and lavishing in the new pile of money I made.

Soon enough though, I decided to check the scale around April and sure enough, I was sitting at like 183 and all that seemed for nothing (at the time) but then I remembered something ill to this day, never forget; "abs are made in the kitchen" and while still heavily smoking green again, I managed to reduce the portion size of EVERYTHING and began some of techniques you two described and then incorporated fresh air (Evolve eboard) in May and slowly but Shirley melted right off over the mext few months.

Now again I'm off the grass (10 days only) and another 10lbs came easily as the mania set in the first few days. After trainspotting for about a week, I'm back in it shooting hoops (fast breaks and 3pt'ers) for quick cardio and then doing rudimentary body weight assisted pull ups and dips, crunches, etc. After these doms wear off (so far actually not too bad) I'm gonna employ Jungs 3 day routines as before and start back at the beginning with a workable weight to get into the swing again.

But then again, there was the 4th of July where somehow I managed to pick up smoking cigarettes again after almost 8 years without a drag so I have a whole new set of issues, but I firmly believe the 'addiction transference' is what kept me sane through the initial MJ abstention. It's my DOC.

Reminds me I have to call in a script for Chantix again. Buckle up! Apparently its 'black box' type of thing but it fuckin works and I don't mind a lil crazy for 8 weeks. It truly takes away the brain's wanton desire for the things.

Ski, I would get a set of dumbbells 10-70 lbs, or adjustables where you can remove or add weight.

I'd also get a 7 foot 45lb Olympic Bar, a 20lb Olympic EZ Bar for curls, a 310lb Olympic weight set (Rogue or York make good ones), an adjustable bench with leg and preacher attachments that goes from decline to full upright for shoulder work, a power rack with adjustable pins to switch between presses and squats (again, Rogue or York make good ones) that also comes with a lat pulldown and low pulley station, and a belt. I'd be set with that.

When I say York or Rogue as brands, that doesn't mean there aren't other good ones out there. Hell, even Gold's Gym has lower end priced stuff that is quality. But that right there is how I would spend your money. Then we hit up Rosati's for a Cheef and call it a day...

I went back and read this entire thread this morning. Absolutely hilarious, and informative.

(09-29-2020, 04:18 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 11:58 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: My suggestion right now is to go with what is affordable. Gym equipment has gone through the roof pricewise due to overwhelming demand. I'd also look at adjustable dumbbells where you can change the weight. Personally, I have a set of dumbbells from 10-75lbs, but I've had them for a minute.
If you could spend MY money, what would you get though? Specificity is key...I know whatever I end up procuring will last me through my lifetime. 
(09-29-2020, 07:55 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Nice job on the cut down bro. I wish I could say the same. I did the opposite...And as always Jung is spot on about wrist support while working the bag.
Thanks for the push, tbh if it weren't for you and Jung, I wouldn't have even considered it at all. Last fall after about a week in CO I went pretty hard at it and was walking around in a three piece suit for those couple months with DOMS every week practically looking and feeling like a nuckle dragger but it prepared me mentally and physically to run circles around them college kids shining like the superstar i am. Made a couple long term friends in the process and it was a fuckin blast.

Somehow transitioning home in December I lost my routine and habit stacks and started eating out and lavishing in the new pile of money I made.

Soon enough though, I decided to check the scale around April and sure enough, I was sitting at like 183 and all that seemed for nothing (at the time) but then I remembered something ill to this day, never forget; "abs are made in the kitchen" and while still heavily smoking green again, I managed to reduce the portion size of EVERYTHING and began some of techniques you two described and then incorporated fresh air (Evolve eboard) in May and slowly but Shirley melted right off over the mext few months.

Now again I'm off the grass (10 days only) and another 10lbs came easily as the mania set in the first few days. After trainspotting for about a week, I'm back in it shooting hoops (fast breaks and 3pt'ers) for quick cardio and then doing rudimentary body weight assisted pull ups and dips, crunches, etc. After these doms wear off (so far actually not too bad) I'm gonna employ Jungs 3 day routines as before and start back at the beginning with a workable weight to get into the swing again.

But then again, there was the 4th of July where somehow I managed to pick up smoking cigarettes again after almost 8 years without a drag so I have a whole new set of issues, but I firmly believe the 'addiction transference' is what kept me sane through the initial MJ abstention. It's my DOC.

Reminds me I have to call in a script for Chantix again. Buckle up! Apparently its 'black box' type of thing but it fuckin works and I don't mind a lil crazy for 8 weeks. It truly takes away the brain's wanton desire for the things.

One of the benefits of training at altitude is the reduced oxygen actually makes your body produce more red blood cells. So your time at altitude probably gave you a good "kickstart" so to speak.

You know what else produces more red blood cells and brings oxygen to your muscles at a much faster rate?

Drumroll..........

Testosterone!!!!!

Get on the train buddy!!!!!