Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pumping Iron etc

(08-07-2019, 12:29 AM)eVo7 Wrote: Oh man, I can't wait for MACK to see this thread....
The one thing he always forgets when telling people to eat clen and tren hard is anavar give up.

(08-06-2019, 06:37 PM)Buchanans Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 01:50 PM)hitman Wrote: Yeah, that doesn't compute. I mean, I believe you, JT...but I'm having trouble imagining that kind of physique.

Same. I'm 5'10 183 now (down about 40 from march) and my gut is close to gone at this point. 

I disagree with needing carbs but I'm also not trying to bulk up yet.  Also eating carbs and fat at the same time means your body is going to store that fat as opposed having them in different meals, keep that in mind when trying to get the results you want. 

Definitely try to go for things with better Omega 3 profiles. Grass fed beef and butter. Bison. Wild caught salmon and tuna. Pretty much anything wild so if you hook it or shoot it it'll be better. I just caught a bunch of trout lately and if I get up early enough to beat the heat I'll put some more bunnies down which are always super lean. Been getting pork belly instead of bacon. 

Avocado oil is good one to cook with that has a high smoke point. 

Wanting a little bit of sugar in my coffee was one of my weaknesses. And I recently discovered monk fruit so now I've eliminated the sugar too. Shit is kind of pricey but I'm not baking a cake with it so It lasts alright.

You absolutely need carbs, whether you are cutting or bulking. It just depends on what you are doing that determines the amount to take in. It is imperative that you get all 3 macros in your diet. I will definitely agree try not to eat your fats and carbs at the same time. Eat you carbs in the morning (or before you workout anyway) and your fats after.

Yeah totally forgot about avocado oil; good call on that. A very healthy fat with a good smoke point. I grew up in a Greek and Italian household, so olive oil was life. As long as you don't use vegetable oil.

I tried bison a few times and I don't know what it is, but it's just not for me. I eat super lean beef when I need red meat, so that works. I've tried other alternatives too, like elk, and I just can't get into it. Venison is great though. It may taste the same to you as you hunt a lot and eat off the earth way more than I do, but to me, there's a difference in taste. 

Sugar is my weakness, and I still indulge. You guys have all seen my posts on BBQ, beer, pizza, and hotdogs, so yeah, I don't eat super clean. I do when I cut weight, but that's about it. I do drink my coffee black and have for 20 years, but I don't drink Folgers or the normal crap coffee. I drink Intelligentsia french pressed and either Gevalia or Newmans when I do K-Cups. I love coffee, so I don't add anything to it.

Reading further down the comment tree, I am 5'11" and 225. I'm by no means single digit body fat, but I'm more solid than fat. I carry myself in a way that people know not to mess with me. Cracked 335 for a 1RM on flat bench last week. Most I have ever done in my life. I normally work with 245 and probably won't ever go near that max again as I enjoy having shoulders that function.

2 things for you, Buchanans...congrats on that weight loss, and welcome back. Hope to see you around a bit more...

(08-06-2019, 09:51 PM)dizee Wrote: I am 5'10 170lb

I can't really lift because of lower back issues that until I get addressed are a risk to flare up at any time and I am afraid lifting will tweak it. But I might start doing a little bit soon and see how it responds. What are the best ways to start? I am not looking to get ripped, just toned up. I still have a bit of stomach fat too, best way to eliminate that? I try to stay under 25g of sugar a day.  I walk atleast a mile or two a day and use the elliptical a few times a week, but still can't get rid of the excess stomach fat.
 If you are worried about your back, spend extra time stretching it. Take into account everything I said to ski about lifting above, but perhaps be extra careful. Go for less weight but a higher volume of work, meaning 5 sets instead of 3, or 15-20 reps instead of 10-12. Your biggest concentration should be form as that will help prevent injury. Use slower movement when contracting and relaxing muscles.
Cardio is not THE key to stomach fat. It's necessary, but that with a clean diet and strength training are the best things you can do. Strength training actually burns calories for a longer period of time than steady state cardio.

Also, Ski...looking back at my first reply, I said that whey protein right after lifting extend the time when you go catabolic. I worded that strangely. It should read more like extends the time you STAY anabolic and lengthens the time until you go into a catabolic state.

(08-07-2019, 12:29 AM)eVo7 Wrote: Oh man, I can't wait for MACK to see this thread....
i'm glad this finally popped off tbh. It's been a such a long time coming; I couldn't hold it in anymore.
(08-06-2019, 11:24 PM)Buchanans Wrote: If you eliminate the sugars and those junk carbs I bet that last little bit will fall off. The sodas need to go. But the coffee can stay, replace the sugar with monk fruit and those flavored creamers with half and half. After a while if you try to go back to the flavored creamers you'll probably think they are disgusting. That's how I am now. 
Yeah I'm one of those that'll probably give it up coffee altogether. Coffee just makes me wanna blaze anyways.
(08-06-2019, 11:24 PM)Buchanans Wrote: Being alone for 2 months should really help with your food discipline choices because you won't have anybody else's shit purchases to tempt you. When I was alone those are the times the weight really flew off for me.   

I then was watching some videos of a guy that rides a lot of the local trails around here. One of his vids was about something called OMAD... what the fuck is that a trail name. Nope. One meal a day.
Yeah I do that naturally especially after resigning from my last job. Way easier to skip and do OMD. BUT it only cuts and serves no other purpose for me and I think you're spot on with the sodas and sugar. I'm actually quite stoked to get away from the fam (as ghoulish as that sounds) just for this little 'retreat' of resetting my course so to speak.
(08-06-2019, 11:24 PM)Buchanans Wrote: Which lead me to hear about monk fruit. So I'm going to put some weird fruit in my coffee? Nope it was supposed to be a zero calorie zero glycimic 1:1 natural sugar substitute... that didn't have a shit aftertaste. If this is true how have I not heard about this? It probably sucks. Anyways I went to  whole foods and paid their rip off price to try it. Opened the bag, licked my finger and dipped it in to try it. Ummm... damn that's pretty good. OK wait for some bad after taste... hmm nothing. 

From there tweeked my diet more to get where I'm at currently. Still a little bit more to go but not much now.
I'm an absolute fuckin weirdo about sweeteners and if I can 'taste' it, I ain't fuckin down. Only the vanilla shit in the coffee, I know, again, weird. You giving me hope though...Stevia, Splenda, sucralose (which is in EVERYTHING NOW) is in it I ain't fucking with it. Why I drink a fuckton of ginger ale and something about HFCS even though modified is still the taste preferred to everything but maybe table or cane sugar.

Either way, it's out unless I'm out at a restaurant then its a coke or ginger ale with a splash of cranberry juice on the rocks in a low ball with two bitch straws. I hate having to cloak my shit in bars with drunk new people, but that's what I'll do because people won't trust ya without a drink in your hand from my experience.
(08-07-2019, 07:20 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: You absolutely need carbs, whether you are cutting or bulking. It just depends on what you are doing that determines the amount to take in. It is imperative that you get all 3 macros in your diet. I will definitely agree try not to eat your fats and carbs at the same time. Eat you carbs in the morning (or before you workout anyway) and your fats after.

Also, Ski...looking back  at my first reply, I said that whey protein right after lifting extend the time when you go catabolic. I worded that strangely. It should read more like extends the time you STAY anabolic and lengthens the time until you go into a catabolic state.
Nope, no, I gotcha. Also on the sweetener kick JYM LOVES his artificial sugars and shit and whatever so that's really the only time I will ingest it without complaining because its a dang shake and I chug it in seconds first thing before the 0430 shower. 

Brings me to another specific point I need clarity around. So you basically protein up (shake or otherwise) 45 min or so before a workout, chug a dose of creatine drank in the parking lot, use a during workout mix with water, then chug another protein shake in the locker room or whatever? Correct? I liked JYM's post workout with the tingly shit and uber sugary watermelon shit then would hit the steam for 15-30 min. I think he was saying something along the lines of needing gummy bears or a glucose for whatever reason afterwards. I don't usually like the buzzy shit during so I abstain from that weird fuel shit. I have anger and self hate for fuel...

Probably the only time I'll ingest these sugars are with the supps, but not with my food or regular beverages (now water). Just wanted a little more routine clarity around the when and what. I get the supps you use and why, just wondering your method to the madness and probably why they make great nesting cups for powders...

Totally understand your resistance to advise on specific workout regimen and appreciate the part you did (I get it I have to judge based on ability first, was thinking something along these lines) but can you recommend specific stretch routine? I can't touch my toes so I'm inflexible as all hell and am debating yoga complementing my routine along with two rounds of golf a week, but need stretching specifics, if possible.

Need more information on say...tacos. How do you do them? flour tortillas, corn, lettuce cups, can't be shells right? That kind of shit gonna really fuck me up. Gotta have my sour cream and fixin's but am open to other shit if I end up stepping up and can off balance a bit to allow for some leeway. Like, are tomatoes and nightshades ok? Can I roll basically ALL veggies or should I avoid a couple specifically? Is it REALLY gonna lessen my pain? What about cheese is there a better one than another? I get no Kraft singles but what about fancy sharp cheddar cubes with my almonds?

I like them all and see myself eating so much stir-fry, but am rethinking my San J szechuan sauce (life sauce) but without it I dunno man. Maybe I can only use a tablespoon versus 4 or something? Same with dill dip, that shits out for sure. I love the stuff and can eat everything in the vegetable area if I have it, but realize I gotta change that up even a little. I really wanna bulk now so I'm thinking the sodas will change a lot of my dynamic but I kinda wanna go bucknutty with dips and sauces and have to rethink it. Thoughts?

Also 200g protein seems easy as fuck if you drink some and eat chicken. That insta pot gonna help offset cost of rotisserie chicken and I'm gonna be using whole chickens instead of that nasty boneless skinless frozen shit. That 'fresh trimmed' shit expensive too. I did see recently there was an insta-pot/air fryer that could do shanks and roasts with veggies on top. Not sure about it though. I think it still uses a bit of vegetable oil in there.

I take my pre-workout 30-45 minute before my workout then right after, a protein shake and creatine. You don't need a protein shake before a workout, stressing the point NEED. That is up to you. But I workout midday, so I get enough protein from the food I eat beforehand, such as eggs for breakfast, and chicken. I drink two shakes a day, plus the natural protein and If I were bulking right now I'd be able to get in the 330 or so grams I need pretty easily. Right now I am at a maintenance state, so I am trying to get near my macros, but necessarily hit the marks dead on.

Stretching, do a combination of active stretching and static.. I can't offer specific stretches because that also depends on you. Dizee for example mentioned a wonky back, so I would say concentrate on stretches that work your back. It depends on the muscle group you are working that day too, but the basics I do is short and wide arm circles for 15 seconds, neck circles, circular shoulder shrugs forwards and backwards, jumping jacks. Bend over to touch toes for back and hammies, side stretches, and wrist circles. On leg day I concentrate more on stretching my quads by grabbing my foot behind me and pulling it into my back, my hammies again by trying to touch my toes, hip abductor stretches and my achilles tendons by bending the ball of my foot up against a stair and leaning forward.
Don't worry about not being able to touch your toes. Just try to. eventually if you keep stretching that way, you'll touch your toes...

https://ironborn.online/

Save the time energy and money on going to the gym and buying all sorts of pseudo legal bullshit suppliments whos only reason for existence is steroids are illeagal and these "suppliments" are not.

Just runnining 600mg week Test E blows out the results of the best suppliments on the market.........And its cheaper! Lolol

(08-08-2019, 07:32 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: https://ironborn.online/

Save the time energy and money on going to the gym and buying all sorts of pseudo legal bullshit suppliments whos only reason for existence is steroids are illeagal and these "suppliments" are not.

Just runnining 600mg week Test E blows out the results of the best suppliments on the market.........And its cheaper! Lolol
THERE HE IS!!!

I spend 80 bucks a month on supps, that's it.

Also,
*supplements, who's, illegal, supplements, running, supplements...

(08-09-2019, 07:58 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 07:32 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: https://ironborn.online/

THERE HE IS!!!

Also,

80 bucks a month x 5 for 20 weeks= 400 bucks!

20 week cycle of test E = 200 bucks! And will give you 7x better results minimum. 

Yea I guess ya got me there........

(08-09-2019, 09:57 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 07:58 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: THERE HE IS!!!

Also,

80 bucks a month x 5 for 20 weeks= 400 bucks!

20 week cycle of test E = 200 bucks! And will give you 7x better results minimum. 

Yeah I just looked that up, good lord that's a great price. Still, no desire to get geared up, even though it's just test. But that has me thinking, in case my levels get low. I still have a high average level; few months back after my birthday I was tested at 790

(08-09-2019, 10:25 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 09:57 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: 80 bucks a month x 5 for 20 weeks= 400 bucks!

Yeah I just looked that up, good lord that's a great price. Still, no desire to get geared up, even though it's just test. But that has me thinking, in case my levels get low. I still have a high average level; few months back after my birthday I was tested at 790

Yea dude Im just saying . Test is so fucking cheap I dont understand people who buy the giant buckets and force feed themselves like cattle for a fraction of the returns.

(08-09-2019, 10:37 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 10:25 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Yeah I just looked that up, good lord that's a great price. Still, no desire to get geared up, even though it's just test. But that has me thinking, in case my levels get low. I still have a high average level; few months back after my birthday I was tested at 790

Yea dude Im just saying . Test is so fucking cheap I dont understand people who buy the giant buckets and force feed themselves like cattle for a fraction of the returns.
Well even if you were on a test regimen, or hell, even clen tren and anavar, you would still need caloric intake and macronutrient requirements to gain muscle mass. Those dudes like Dorian Yates back in the Day, Kai Greene and Phil Heath are consuming upwards of 7K Calories a day when they are bulking. Besides the clean eating they are doing, they are also still taking at least those 3 supps I mentioned. Plus HGH, which is why they have those massive distended guts. Aesthetics is making a comeback though now. It will never be like Frank Zane's day, but if you look at last years Olympia winner Shawn Rhoden and Phil Heath, Heath was definitely the bigger guy, but his gut cost him the Olympia. HGH guts are frowned upon now. Rhoden is on the left. and you can see a marked difference in core definition.

[Image: maxresdefault-5.jpg]

Now I will never have a need to inhale 7K plus calories a day and get in 400g of protein, but if you want to build muscle, even a little , macros are a must, and supplements come in handy when you aren't trying to eat that much in solid food.

(08-09-2019, 10:25 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 09:57 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: 80 bucks a month x 5 for 20 weeks= 400 bucks!

Until you cruise at around 3000 and feel what God truly wanted men to fell like youre doing it wrong.