Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Mill is on fire right now

There are a lot of rumor running lately that Guerrilla might be rebooting SOCOM for the PS5 launch. They have hired TPS specific devs and designers, some of which were involved in Siege and RB6 Patriots before that became Siege. Not saying these rumors are true, but quite a few reputable gaming news sources (and some not so reputable) are reporting on this. No word from Sony or Guerrilla as of yet, but these rumors seem to hold more weight than past rumors.

For all intents and purposes, they might be revamping Killzone, but as I said...these rumors seem to have some smoke behind them...

No faith in the rumors being true and no faith in another studio being able to provide a proper S1/S2 socom experience. It is likely just another rumor being drummed up by people like Bigfry and Celerity.

Franchise is dead and SVDL is on terminal life support. Get on SVDL and get your fix while you can because at this time next year, I doubt anyone will be left playing except the same troublemakers like Lust and co.

BREAKING NEWS FROM BIG FRY!!!

"The cashier who took my order for Poutine at Tim Horton's with an extra cup of pure lard poured over them's uncle once mowed the lawn of a Barber who gave a guy a haircut that was the college roommate of a guy who saw his cousin pumping gas into a car driven by the owner of a Dry Cleaners who once cleaned a shirt for David Sears!"

Socom 5 CONFIRMED!!!

Dont forget to smack that Like and Subscribe button!!!

There's no way - NO WAY - Guerrilla Games is working on a property that isn't theirs.
Maybe Guerrilla Cambridge...but they were shuttered in 2017.

This rumor has been going around since January, at least. At one point, it was supposed to be a game that would tie in with a Michael Bay movie called "Black Five".
Whatever it is: it's proprietary. Count on it. It may be the next SOCOMlike or even a spiritual successor, but it will be a distinctively Guerrilla product.

Sony is not going to hire the SOCOM B-team to one of their strongest studios - which currently boasts one of the top 3 game engines for real-time rendering and effects - and then tasking that studio to rebooting a game that is loved for its SIMPLICITY.

If they do, it will be to make a game that will horrify SOCOMers. Sprinting, sliding, sticky cover, melee, microtransactions, VR... You know it's true.

(11-14-2019, 07:52 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Dont forget to smack that Like and Subscribe button!!!

This is what the hype is all about. That fat faggot is hard up for views.

Agreed. The only footage in that video that was his own was the Task Force footage. All the other footage was from other YouTube channels, guy does not even play Socom.

Bigfry and Celerity should just tie the fucking knot already and move to San Francisco.

Not to discount everything you guys are saying, because I also feel the same way in that, first why Guerrilla, but then also why now? People were begging for a SOCOM for 2 console generations and NOW they decide they want to revive it? I also am i agreement that IF a SOCOM was made, it would be nothing like what we would hope the game would be. Guerrilla would get raked over the coals by the game's fans for not making it like a SOCOM.

In the end though, I just waned to report the news so that we had something else to talk about here. Not drinking the Kool-Aid one bit. I'm just reporting what's going on.

One thing I am noticing is that the rumor is gaining steam in other places besides Fry and Celerity. Tidux has been claiming guerrilla's second team is possibly working on it, among other gaming sites. My Google feed, which I don't even think is setup to report SOCOM news specifically, is linking a bunch of stories about this. I guess we'll be at a wait and see until Guerrilla officially kills this rumor and says they are working on KZ PS5 and there will be a TPS battle royale style mode in it...

(11-15-2019, 08:11 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Not to discount everything you guys are saying, because I also feel the same way in that, first why Guerrilla, but then also why now? People were begging for a SOCOM for 2 console generations and NOW they decide they want to revive it? I also am i agreement that IF a SOCOM was made, it would be nothing like what we would hope the game would be. Guerrilla would get raked over the coals by the game's fans for not making it like a SOCOM.

In the end though, I just waned to report the news so that we had something else to talk about here. Not drinking the Kool-Aid one bit. I'm just reporting what's going on.

One thing I am noticing is that the rumor is gaining steam in other places besides Fry and Celerity. Tidux has been claiming guerrilla's second team is possibly working on it, among other gaming sites. My Google feed, which I don't even think is setup to report SOCOM news specifically, is linking a bunch of stories about this. I guess we'll be at a wait and see until Guerrilla officially kills this rumor and says they are working on KZ PS5 and there will be a TPS battle royale style mode in it...

I in no way mean to lump you into my diatribe. What you brought up is of merit and a possible light at the end of the tunnel.

I was just having fun with the usual jackals who pounce on every sniff of anything Socom to benefit their exposure.

(11-15-2019, 08:06 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 08:11 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Not to discount everything you guys are saying, because I also feel the same way in that, first why Guerrilla, but then also why now? People were begging for a SOCOM for 2 console generations and NOW they decide they want to revive it? I also am i agreement that IF a SOCOM was made, it would be nothing like what we would hope the game would be. Guerrilla would get raked over the coals by the game's fans for not making it like a SOCOM.

I in no way mean to lump you into my diatribe. What you brought up is of merit and a possible light at the end of the tunnel.

I was just having fun with the usual jackals who pounce on every sniff of anything Socom to benefit their exposure.

Oh I know you weren't. I just didn't want to come off like LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!! It's FINALLY HAPPENING!! OMG AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!!!! SONY IS FINALLY LISTENING!! RAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!!
To be honest, I would love it if a New SOCOM came out. However, in April I will be playing CP 2077 so I won't even have time for a SOCOM. Cyberpunk is my favorite Sci Fi genre; I am extremely excited for this game.I haven't fired up the console for months, but this game will definitely suck me back in...

Even if a new socom got announced, I would still not be THAT excited because its likely the game will play absolutely nothing like S1/S2 and be some shitty cover based shooter again.

(11-18-2019, 11:19 AM)dizee Wrote: Even if a new socom got announced, I would still not be THAT excited because its likely the game will play absolutely nothing like S1/S2 and be some shitty cover based shooter again.

That's a bingo.