Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sure Fire 1st Ballot HOFer Eli Manning retires

Lets all take a moment to sit back and savor the sublime career of this unparalleled clutch performer and appreciate his career and all the amazing moments he provided all of us. All while being as humble and as good a teammate as we have ever seen. 

Any thoughts, @Jung? Any great Eli moments you would like to share that inspired and amazed you?

(01-24-2020, 01:52 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Lets all take a moment to sit back and savor the sublime career of this unparalleled clutch performer and appreciate his career and all the amazing moments he provided all of us. All while being as humble and as good a teammate as we have ever seen. 

Any thoughts, @Jung? Any great Eli moments you would like to share that inspired and amazed you?
There is no such thing as a great Eli Moment. There was a great Plaxico Burress moment and a great David Tyree moment. They bailed Eli out and the Giants won two Super Bowls IN SPITE of their QB.

It sincerely amazes me the stats he piled up, because he really was not a good QB. He had a couple of good years; I remember he was almost a 5K yard passer once, but he also had many years where he was mediocre and near flat out bad. This is why he will never be a first ballot HOFer. Hell, Jay Cutler had a 4500 yard season. 
When I think of great QBs that played at the same time, I think of Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Ben Rapelisberger, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Peyton, Then I think of some of the Other QBs that had numerous seasons where they were better than him; your Trent Greens, Carson Palmers, Tony Romos and Donovan McNabbs. Yeah not all of these QBs have the resume Eli does, but they are ALL better at executing the position than he is/was. 

Was was a very VERY average QB at best. The eye test will show this. He has more INTs than games played, and was a career 60% passer.

His being on teams that won him Super Bowls and stat rankings will warrant his trip to Canton, but I think it will be his 3rd or 4th time on the ballot.

(01-24-2020, 08:46 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:52 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Lets all take a moment to sit back and savor the sublime career of this unparalleled clutch performer and appreciate his career and all the amazing moments he provided all of us. All while being as humble and as good a teammate as we have ever seen. 

There is no such thing as a great Eli Moment. There was a great Plaxico Burress moment and a great David Tyree moment. They bailed Eli out and the Giants won two Super Bowls IN SPITE of their QB.

It sincerely amazes me the stats he piled up, because he really was not a good QB. He had a couple of good years; I remember he was almost a 5K yard passer once, but he also had many years where he was mediocre and near flat out bad. This is why he will never be a first ballot HOFer. Hell, Jay Cutler had a 4500 yard season. 
When I think of great QBs that played at the same time, I think of Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Ben Rapelisberger, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Peyton, Then I think of some of the Other QBs that had numerous seasons where they were better than him; your Trent Greens, Carson Palmers, Tony Romos and Donovan McNabbs. Yeah not all of these QBs have the resume Eli does, but they are ALL better at executing the position than he is/was. 

Was was a very VERY average QB at best. The eye test will show this. He has more INTs than games played, and was a career 60% passer.

His being on teams that won him Super Bowls and stat rankings will warrant his trip to Canton, but I think it will be his 3rd or 4th time on the ballot.

Pure blasphemy.

Answer ONE question.

Would you trade every Bears QB's season from 2004-2018 for Eli being under center in Chicago?

The only objectively true answer is YES. While I will concede his regular season stats/performance were slightly above average, that is not what matters. Can you honestly say that if Eli was the Bears QB over that period you wouldnt have had won at leat ONE SB? maybe 2006 against his brother? Maybe 2010? They certainly would have won more regular season games than the bums you had throwing the ball. But we'll never know.

Because NY had the privilege of having Eli under center for 15 years. Pure consistency. He always gave you a chance to win. And he was always in the mix. And when it COUNTED he was as good as there ever was. You bring up the Tyree catch, yet you fail to mention the incredible job Eli did to stay alive just to be able to make that throw. Nor do you mention his drive in Dallas at the end of the half on the road for a TD to cement that game, followed up by ANOTHER road win in Green Bay in 0 degree weather against one of the Top 12 QBs in history, Brett Favre, where he outdueled him with precision accuracy to even GET them to the SB where he beat the unbeatable, undefeated New England Patriots. Led by THE BEST QB who ever played Captain Fantastic.

For an encore, he did it again in 2012. Say whatever you want, but he IS a 1st ballot HOFer. Period.

And I have to assume you saying that Donovan McNabb executed the position of QB better than Eli is a troll. A good troll, you threw his name in ther with a few other legitimate players to make it seem real, but I know you arent serious.

(01-24-2020, 11:51 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 08:46 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: There is no such thing as a great Eli Moment. There was a great Plaxico Burress moment and a great David Tyree moment. They bailed Eli out and the Giants won two Super Bowls IN SPITE of their QB.

Pure blasphemy.

Answer ONE question.

Would you trade every Bears QB's season from 2004-2018 for Eli being under center in Chicago?

The only objectively true answer is YES. While I will concede his regular season stats/performance were slightly above average, that is not what matters. Can you honestly say that if Eli was the Bears QB over that period you wouldnt have had won at leat ONE SB? maybe 2006 against his brother? Maybe 2010? They certainly would have won more regular season games than the bums you had throwing the ball. But we'll never know.

Because NY had the privilege of having Eli under center for 15 years. Pure consistency. He always gave you a chance to win. And he was always in the mix. And when it COUNTED he was as good as there ever was. You bring up the Tyree catch, yet you fail to mention the incredible job Eli did to stay alive just to be able to make that throw. Nor do you mention his drive in Dallas at the end of the half on the road for a TD to cement that game, followed up by ANOTHER road win in Green Bay in 0 degree weather against one of the Top 12 QBs in history, Brett Favre, where he outdueled him with precision accuracy to even GET them to the SB where he beat the unbeatable, undefeated New England Patriots. Led by THE BEST QB who ever played Captain Fantastic.

For an encore, he did it again in 2012. Say whatever you want, but he IS a 1st ballot HOFer. Period.

And I have to assume you saying that Donovan McNabb executed the position of QB better than Eli is a troll. A good troll, you threw his name in ther with a few other legitimate players to make it seem real, but I know you arent serious.

For the team that was built at the time, i would take the talents of Jay Cutler over Eli. Eli would have been just as bad or worse on that Bears team. Now, that's not to say I am absolving Jay of his own shortcomings. But they were basically the same QB, except Cutler had more talent and less of a brain, where Eli had more of a brain and mediocre talent. Other than that, I would take Eli over every other Bears QB. Considering the Bears are historically inept with QBs, that's not really a fair question. Put Cutty on that Giants team and they would perform nearly identical.

Eli's incredible job to stay alive to make the Tyree throw was luck, not incredible. Eli did not get any of his teams to the Super Bowl; they dragged him along with them, The Giants had a solid defense, serviceable receiver, and a great RB in Tiki Barber. You're bringing up these games like Eli is THE reason they were in them, when in fact the Giants TEAM made up for his shortcomings in those games. Sure he got lucky a few times, but so have Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston. It happens from time to time. Outdueling Brett Favre in the playoffs doesn't mean much. It's basically a 'wait until hew blows the game' game plan against him.

The fact that people, including players currently in the HOF are openly questioning if he belongs in the HOF even with all he has accomplished, should tell you something. Eli is crap, face it...

(01-24-2020, 12:15 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 11:51 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Pure blasphemy.

Answer ONE question.

For the team that was built at the time, i would take the talents of Jay Cutler over Eli. Eli would have been just as bad or worse on that Bears team. Now, that's not to say I am absolving Jay of his own shortcomings. But they were basically the same QB, except Cutler had more talent and less of a brain, where Eli had more of a brain and mediocre talent. Other than that, I would take Eli over every other Bears QB. Considering the Bears are historically inept with QBs, that's not really a fair question. Put Cutty on that Giants team and they would perform nearly identical.

Eli's incredible job to stay alive to make the Tyree throw was luck, not incredible. Eli did not get any of his teams to the Super Bowl; they dragged him along with them, The Giants had a solid defense, serviceable receiver, and a great RB in Tiki Barber. You're bringing up these games like Eli is THE reason they were in them, when in fact the Giants TEAM made up for his shortcomings in those games. Sure he got lucky a few times, but so have Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jameis Winston. It happens from time to time. Outdueling Brett Favre in the playoffs doesn't mean much. It's basically a 'wait until hew blows the game' game plan against him.

The fact that people, including players currently in the HOF are openly questioning if he belongs in the HOF even with all he has accomplished, should tell you something. Eli is crap, face it...

All kidding aside, the '07 Championship Giants were UNDOUBTEDLY carried by Eli. Tiki wasnt even on the team. He retired in 06. Go back and watch that NFC Championship in Green Bay and tell me he was "dragged". He along with Plaxico Burress were both brilliant in that game.

They were also by far the best team in the league in 08 and would have cruised to a championship had that fucking moron Burress not shot himself in the leg.

When McAdoo benched him for Geno Smith in 2017 breaking his streak Mike Francesa went on a rant about it that is fucking hilarious and pretty much the main reason ownership fired McAdoo immediatedly after the season. He hits all the notes about Eli and its a hilarious rant.