Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus

(03-19-2020, 09:52 PM)hitman Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 07:02 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Wanted to ask, Hitman you being n Texas where it is warmer, to an extent...how are things down there? I mean I see you got a case down there, but are things getting nutty?

Our state hasn't issued any public mandates that I'm aware of - they are letting the Trump admin create the guidelines, and just asking people to consider them.
Individual counties and cities are parroting the other states, about 48 hours behind the curve.

Yesterday, I went out to get some fresh beef, and to top off my gas tanks. Wasn't much of a thing. Today, the roads were a bit more bare, according to a friend.
Stores are stocking toilet paper, eggs, and hand sanitizer every day. Hoarders are buying them up. It's not that you can't get them...you just have to treat it like Black Friday and get there at the right time (and don't beat someone's fucking ass).
Luckily, I took care of our pantry weeks ago.

Short answer: no, most Texans are not going too crazy. It was worse during hurricane Harvey.
Glad to hear there are pockets of sanity out there. I misread something about Chicago. The city did not go shelter in place, but I am sure it is coming. One of the suburbs did.
The panic buying died down after the weekend. You can still buy all that you need. Some of the stocks are a bit lower than they used to be but there is still availability.

I'll comply with washing my hands and staying away from close contact with people as I don't want this shit but I will openly not comply with the shelter in place orders as there is no fucking point if I'm not going around people. Plenty can still be done without germ fucking strangers and all the shit they touch.

(03-20-2020, 07:55 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:52 PM)hitman Wrote: Our state hasn't issued any public mandates that I'm aware of - they are letting the Trump admin create the guidelines, and just asking people to consider them.
Individual counties and cities are parroting the other states, about 48 hours behind the curve.

Yesterday, I went out to get some fresh beef, and to top off my gas tanks. Wasn't much of a thing. Today, the roads were a bit more bare, according to a friend.
Stores are stocking toilet paper, eggs, and hand sanitizer every day. Hoarders are buying them up. It's not that you can't get them...you just have to treat it like Black Friday and get there at the right time (and don't beat someone's fucking ass).
Luckily, I took care of our pantry weeks ago.

Short answer: no, most Texans are not going too crazy. It was worse during hurricane Harvey.
Glad to hear there are pockets of sanity out there. I misread something about Chicago. The city did not go shelter in place, but I am sure it is coming. One of the suburbs did.
The panic buying died down after the weekend. You can still buy all that you need. Some of the stocks are a bit lower than they used to be but there is still availability.

Panic buying around here is still in full effect, I haven't been able to find a single roll of TP in 5 days.

(03-20-2020, 12:52 PM)Buchanans Wrote: I'll comply with washing my hands and staying away from close contact with people as I don't want this shit but I will openly not comply with the shelter in place orders as there is no fucking point if I'm not going around people. Plenty can still be done without germ fucking strangers and all the shit they touch.

(03-20-2020, 07:47 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 07:55 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Glad to hear there are pockets of sanity out there. I misread something about Chicago. The city did not go shelter in place, but I am sure it is coming. One of the suburbs did.

Panic buying around here is still in full effect, I haven't been able to find a single roll of TP in 5 days.

Where are you at? Im in Bucks and have plenty and will be getting more tomorrow. If you seriously are in that bad shape with that nonsense PM me and I'll give you my number and I'll get you some and meet you somewhere. $20 per roll of course.....

(03-20-2020, 07:47 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 07:55 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Glad to hear there are pockets of sanity out there. I misread something about Chicago. The city did not go shelter in place, but I am sure it is coming. One of the suburbs did.

At the store I normally shop at, stocks for certain items are low, like eggs, TP, etc. but they are available. There's just a limit on purchase amounts for those things right now. Lines are long too, but I take that as just more people out trying to buy right now than normal. The shoppers with 6 carts of crap has disappeared for the most part where I am. 
And we did go shelter in place yesterday. Well the order came out yesterday for 5pm today for the entire state of IL, but we can still pretty much do what we've been doing since this crap happened. Just large gatherings and such are now not allowed. It will really have no change on how I have been living the past week.

(03-21-2020, 09:11 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 07:47 PM)eVo7 Wrote: Panic buying around here is still in full effect, I haven't been able to find a single roll of TP in 5 days.
At the store I normally shop at, stocks for certain items are low, like eggs, TP, etc. but they are available. There's just a limit on purchase amounts for those things right now. Lines are long too, but I take that as just more people out trying to buy right now than normal. The shoppers with 6 carts of crap has disappeared for the most part where I am. 
And we did go shelter in place yesterday. Well the order came out yesterday for 5pm today for the entire state of IL, but we can still pretty much do what we've been doing since this crap happened. Just large gatherings and such are now not allowed. It will really have no change on how I have been living the past week.

Pennsylvania's Health Secretary who is a post op Tranny is considering a shelter in place order for PA as well.

[Image: tumblr_nip1a7OYU71r8f6hmo1_500.jpg]

Its always a comfort to know a mentally ill faggot who voluntarily had its dick chopped off is in charge of making decisions on how entire States respond to communicable viruses. 

You really cant make this shit up. They all need to hang from ropes.

Over here the "shelter in place" is not being taken literally people are just staying away from each other but still going outside and doing things. In fact there are more people doing stuff outside then ever because that is where it is easiest to keep distance, nothing really to touch and leave germs on etc. I'm not sure if it's people realized that it's boring as shit to stay home and do nothing without sports to watch or if the virus has given a lot of people a sense of urgency that hey maybe I should stop being a weak fat ass or what but tons of people are out hiking, walking, riding bikes etc.

(03-22-2020, 11:30 AM)Buchanans Wrote: Over here the "shelter in place" is not being taken literally people are just staying away from each other but still going outside and doing things. In fact there are more people doing stuff outside then ever because that is where it is easiest to keep distance, nothing really to touch and leave germs on etc. I'm not sure if it's people realized that it's boring as shit to stay home and do nothing without sports to watch or if the virus has given a lot of people a sense of urgency that hey maybe I should stop being a weak fat ass or what but tons of people are out hiking, walking, riding bikes etc.
Yeah same...lots of people out walking around, etc. Picked up 48 eggs today from the store. Plenty of TP, etc. so the limit buying at least at the store I was at was probably being loosely enforced at this point. I eat 3-4 eggs a day, so this will actually be more of an extended buy than a panic buy. Went to a friends house yesterday had some vodka, conversed, mingled, so it was just another day.

Time off gave me the opportunity to make crock pot carnitas. Turned out really damn good!!!

It's actually snowing right now; so I think God is trying to tell us something, HAHAHAHAH!!!!

Well nothing meat wise was left in the store except shit that cost a lot. Most of the normal reasonably priced stuff was gone. Been joking that I might have to go out and hunt for meat... looking like it might be a reality cause I'm not going to go store to store hoping they have something. Also shitty weather was a good uncrowded time to go... wasn't stocked great but there wasn't a bunch of germy assholes either.

(03-22-2020, 11:48 PM)Buchanans Wrote: Well nothing meat wise was left in the store except shit that cost a lot. Most of the normal reasonably priced stuff was gone. Been joking that I might have to go out and hunt for meat... looking like it might be a reality cause I'm not going to go store to store hoping they have something. Also shitty weather was a good uncrowded time to go... wasn't stocked great but there wasn't a bunch of germy assholes either.
My brother lives up in Truckee, and he hates when people come up to vacation from the Bay and basically buy everything out. There isn't a safeway on every corner, so It's hard for him to get food sometimes, quarantine or not.

Certain meat itms ar ea bit low because they were on sale. I couldn't get a pork shoulder to make my carnitas, so I used pork loin end pieces, which turned out fine. No ribs, and certain pork and beef cuts. Plenty of ground beef, steaks, chicken, chops, etc. I know you're kind of isolated, well, probably moreso than I am, so I hope you're at least able to get what you need...