Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus

(03-23-2020, 02:55 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 11:48 PM)Buchanans Wrote: Well nothing meat wise was left in the store except shit that cost a lot. Most of the normal reasonably priced stuff was gone. Been joking that I might have to go out and hunt for meat... looking like it might be a reality cause I'm not going to go store to store hoping they have something. Also shitty weather was a good uncrowded time to go... wasn't stocked great but there wasn't a bunch of germy assholes either.
My brother lives up in Truckee, and he hates when people come up to vacation from the Bay and basically buy everything out. There isn't a safeway on every corner, so It's hard for him to get food sometimes, quarantine or not.

Certain meat itms ar ea bit low because they were on sale. I couldn't get a pork shoulder to make my carnitas, so I used pork loin end pieces, which turned out fine. No ribs, and certain pork and beef cuts. Plenty of ground beef, steaks, chicken, chops, etc. I know you're kind of isolated, well, probably moreso than I am, so I hope you're at least able to get what you need...

You guys got any recipes for goose? Theres literally 1000s of them milling around to the point the herd doesnt even move if you get within 3 feet of them. I figure I could lure them in with some treats and then just go ham with a machete and get about 100lbs of meat. Do they taste like turkey?

(03-23-2020, 06:25 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 02:55 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: My brother lives up in Truckee, and he hates when people come up to vacation from the Bay and basically buy everything out. There isn't a safeway on every corner, so It's hard for him to get food sometimes, quarantine or not.

Certain meat itms ar ea bit low because they were on sale. I couldn't get a pork shoulder to make my carnitas, so I used pork loin end pieces, which turned out fine. No ribs, and certain pork and beef cuts. Plenty of ground beef, steaks, chicken, chops, etc. I know you're kind of isolated, well, probably moreso than I am, so I hope you're at least able to get what you need...

You guys got any recipes for goose? Theres literally 1000s of them milling around to the point the herd doesnt even move if you get within 3 feet of them. I figure I could lure them in with some treats and then just go ham with a machete and get about 100lbs of meat. Do they taste like turkey?
No. Waterfowl will be red meat and you'll want to cook them rare to medium rare is the most important thing. Unless they are park ducks or geese that don't fly much, those may be different in taste. It's been a bit since I've had a larger waterfowl like a mallard or goose but all the smaller migratory birds that fly a lot dove, bandtail pigeons, wood ducks, taste excellent kind of like filet mignon. What they eat can change taste. For example wood ducks are better before acorns start dropping. honest-food.net has great recipes and descriptions of how to clean etc wild game, I've yet to try a recipe that was not good.

(03-23-2020, 09:22 PM)Buchanans Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 06:25 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: You guys got any recipes for goose? Theres literally 1000s of them milling around to the point the herd doesnt even move if you get within 3 feet of them. I figure I could lure them in with some treats and then just go ham with a machete and get about 100lbs of meat. Do they taste like turkey?
No. Waterfowl will be red meat and you'll want to cook them rare to medium rare is the most important thing. Unless they are park ducks or geese that don't fly much, those may be different in taste. It's been a bit since I've had a larger waterfowl like a mallard or goose but all the smaller migratory birds that fly a lot dove, bandtail pigeons, wood ducks, taste excellent kind of like filet mignon. What they eat can change taste. For example wood ducks are better before acorns start dropping. honest-food.net has great recipes and descriptions of how to clean etc wild game, I've yet to try a recipe that was not good.

Im just concerned that a man hacking the heads off geese next to a lake on a busy road might attract the attention of law enforcement. But arent there laws in place that allow starving people to kill any animal they need to in order to survive. like if a man is starving in California, hes legally allowed to kill a Golden Condor for food even though theres only like 9 of them left in the wild. Surely nobody would care about a few geese getting killed when all they do is shit everywhere and block the road......

(03-24-2020, 09:12 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:22 PM)Buchanans Wrote: No. Waterfowl will be red meat and you'll want to cook them rare to medium rare is the most important thing. Unless they are park ducks or geese that don't fly much, those may be different in taste. It's been a bit since I've had a larger waterfowl like a mallard or goose but all the smaller migratory birds that fly a lot dove, bandtail pigeons, wood ducks, taste excellent kind of like filet mignon. What they eat can change taste. For example wood ducks are better before acorns start dropping. honest-food.net has great recipes and descriptions of how to clean etc wild game, I've yet to try a recipe that was not good.

Im just concerned that a man hacking the heads off geese next to a lake on a busy road might attract the attention of law enforcement. But arent there laws in place that allow starving people to kill any animal they need to in order to survive. like if a man is starving in California, hes legally allowed to kill a Golden Condor for food even though theres only like 9 of them left in the wild. Surely nobody would care about a few geese getting killed when all they do is shit everywhere and block the road......
I don't know if there are any laws that allow it but my general rule of thumb is have things changed such that nobody cares about the specific law anymore. If food supplies are being hoarded or low few will care if city shooting laws and wild life laws are broke for food.

(03-24-2020, 03:02 PM)Buchanans Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 09:12 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Im just concerned that a man hacking the heads off geese next to a lake on a busy road might attract the attention of law enforcement. But arent there laws in place that allow starving people to kill any animal they need to in order to survive. like if a man is starving in California, hes legally allowed to kill a Golden Condor for food even though theres only like 9 of them left in the wild. Surely nobody would care about a few geese getting killed when all they do is shit everywhere and block the road......
I don't know if there are any laws that allow it but my general rule of thumb is have things changed such that nobody cares about the specific law anymore. If food supplies are being hoarded or low few will care if city shooting laws and wild life laws are broke for food.

So how does one prep a goose for cooking. Im not big on feather plucking so can I just burn them off with a MAPP torch? Then after that are they better baked or butchered for grilling?

(03-24-2020, 07:20 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 03:02 PM)Buchanans Wrote: I don't know if there are any laws that allow it but my general rule of thumb is have things changed such that nobody cares about the specific law anymore. If food supplies are being hoarded or low few will care if city shooting laws and wild life laws are broke for food.

So how does one prep a goose for cooking. Im not big on feather plucking so can I just burn them off with a MAPP torch? Then after that are they better baked or butchered for grilling?
Easiest would be to just make an incision below the breast plate and pull the skin back. However with birds if the feathers pull off easy I like to just dry pluck them. With a goose if the breast feathers pull off easy just do that really quickly someplace you don't care that the feathers fly all over. The down feathers will still be there and you can burn those away with BBQ lighter or torch just avoid getting the gas on the actually skin. Cut down either side of the breast plate and underneath them and thats a quick way to get to boneless breasts. Wont have to fuck with the guts or anything. Can do the same sort of things with legs if you want of just throw the rest away if it's a hassle. What the bird is how many I get, time, how shot something is dictate how much I keep or what is worth keeping beyond the breasts. Toss the breasts skin side down first on a cast iron or grill and get them rare/medium rare with your typical spices. Soaking them in a brine or buttermilk helps to suck out any nastiness if they were shot up, etc and I think gives them a more mellow flavor. 

I usually grill or pan cook birds with red meat and bake or fry ones with white meat. 

I don't have this setup but the most bad ass way I saw was this guy just real quickly dry plucked the bigger feathers. Dunked it in a pot of boiling water with wax (beeswax or parafin???) for 15 seconds then dunked it in a pot of cold water. Wax hardened over all the remaining feathers and the whole thing just peeled off at once and looked perfect.

(03-18-2020, 08:35 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: For a brief example, NYC is on LOCKDOWN. Because there are 979 cases of the "Coronavirus" with 10 deaths........TEN..........Out of 979. 

It's 10 days later now. 
Confirmed NY cases 53,455
NY deaths 883

Also in regards to when you said H1N1 numbers were insanely higher. 
H1N1 global peak deaths per day was 2000 and took over six months to get there. SARS-cov2 had 3500 today in half the time. And the total US deaths were only 12K dead out of 59 mil that got it. Not there yet but I suspect it's fast approaching. 

Is this all just BS fake news?
Your in NJ right? If it's blowing up like the numbers say it is take care and stay away from places that everybody has to go like the store as much as you can. Probably get though it but sounds shitty enough I'd do what you could to avoid it. Here we supposedly have about 1500 cases in the county but I'm in LA county which is huge so there is really no anecdotal reports from anybody yet about anything. Things are just more mellow other then stores. 

Economically things are going to fucked either way is my opinion. The time to save that was the time to contain it and that didn't happen. Shelter in place economy is fucked. Carry on as normal and more people get sick and die, which is also shit economically. There's no good solution at this point.

(03-29-2020, 12:00 AM)Buchanans Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 08:35 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: For a brief example, NYC is on LOCKDOWN. Because there are 979 cases of the "Coronavirus" with 10 deaths........TEN..........Out of 979. 

It's 10 days later now. 
Confirmed NY cases 53,455
NY deaths 883

Also in regards to when you said H1N1 numbers were insanely higher. 
H1N1 global peak deaths per day was 2000 and took over six months to get there. SARS-cov2 had 3500 today in half the time. And the total US deaths were only 12K dead out of 59 mil that got it. Not there yet but I suspect it's fast approaching. 

Is this all just BS fake news?
Your in NJ right? If it's blowing up like the numbers say it is take care and stay away from places that everybody has to go like the store as much as you can. Probably get though it but sounds shitty enough I'd do what you could to avoid it. Here we supposedly have about 1500 cases in the county but I'm in LA county which is huge so there is really no anecdotal reports from anybody yet about anything. Things are just more mellow other then stores. 

Economically things are going to fucked either way is my opinion. The time to save that was the time to contain it and that didn't happen. Shelter in place economy is fucked. Carry on as normal and more people get sick and die, which is also shit economically. There's no good solution at this point.

Thats simply because they are testing more people. Still a laughable mortality rate of around 2%, 90% of whom are elderly or had pre existing health conditions and would be even lower if you count people that have it and dont get tested and fully recover. If you believe the numbers, which I dont.

Much bigger things happening behind the scenes. Trump I believe is trying to bankrupt The Fed and move to Gold Standard in his 2nd term and is putting the pieces in place. Lots of big things going on while everyone is locked in their houses and the media is on a 24/7 Coronavirus news cycle.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t...SKCN1ON0VC

Im not currently in Jersey. Im in Bucks county about 20 mins north of Philthadelphia. And dont get me wrong, I would love it if this thing spread like wildfire and wiped out half the population by Christmas and we went full Mad Max mode, but its all too manufactured for me to buy it.

Trump is a vindictive and vengeful man. No human being in history has had to endure more slander, lies, and attacks from cowardly scum seated safely in the peanut gallery with the feeling they are untouchable. There will be and have already been mass arrests of child traffickers and Deep State swamp lifers with more incoming. By using this "crisis" He has shoved another 2 Trillion into the economy at 0% because The Fed just lowered interest rates 2 weeks ago to zero in a pathetic attempt to stimulate the market. He cares nothing about debt or deficit at this point because when all is said and done The Fed will be dismantled and all the debt China holds over us will be wiped away due to them being the reason we are in this position in the first place and it will play to HUGE public support.

Can you imagine Trump on the podium saying "Why the fuck would we honor any "debt" to a bunch of insectoid drones who intentionally released a virus on American people and crippled our economy? Fuck them, they can pay for it" It will galvanize the everyman like never before. He will then have the leverage to stand on dissolving The Fed so nothing like this happens again and they cant just print more money. He chose to hang Andrew Jacksons portrait in the Oval office for a reason.

His 2nd term will be scorched Earth for the political elite scum.

I didn't say it in here but I did in our Discord. I found TP a few days ago so now we are OK in regards to the TP situation.

(03-29-2020, 09:44 AM)eVo7 Wrote: I didn't say it in here but I did in our Discord. I found TP a few days ago so now we are OK in regards to the TP situation.

Single ply Blue Scott's God tier paper or pleb tier 2 ply dingleberry inducing inferior grade nonsense that is one step above wiping your ass with the weekly Acme circular?