Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COD Warzone

I know this might sound ridiculous, and some of you may scoff at this, but I've been really enjoying Call of Duty Warzone. It's very teamwork focused and it surprisingly provides at least a small bit of that SOCOM feeling when playing. Not to mention, it's free to play and doesn't cost a dime.

Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up. If you play it, let me know your tag and I'll add you.

I played it the week it came out and it was alright. I liked the gulag part of it but that was about it. I am kind of burned out on the whole royale type of games right now.

Warzone was fun for a few days, but the freebie players have taxed the game to a level of performance that is not worth playing anymore.

It was ok until you realized how broken the armored trucks and thermal snipers were.

Have not played it since the week of launch.

I like the Plunder mode and the cross play feature. I've been able to play across 3 systems with crisp and clear chat and it's fun for me in small doses. Performance wise on console I've had some input lag which can be a dealbreaker in a session. It's not perfect but getting there in terms of connecting players from all ecosystems and I was more than happy to play free.

Can my character be a pregnant black transgender Nazi? If so, I'll play.

(04-29-2020, 09:36 AM)SkiMask Wrote: I like the Plunder mode and the cross play feature. I've been able to play across 3 systems with crisp and clear chat and it's fun for me in small doses. Performance wise on console I've had some input lag which can be a dealbreaker in a session. It's not perfect but getting there in terms of connecting players from all ecosystems and I was more than happy to play free.

The rest of the game is pretty great. I just don't do Warzone unless a friend is playing.

I love me some Hardcore modes.

And Realism is near perfect COD, but instead of being a constantly available playlist like Core and Hardcore, they keep moving it around to different map and mode rotations. 

Cross-platform play is tits. I'm spoiled to it. I wish other games (like Star Wars Battlefront 2) had it, because I'd buy a PC copy so my kids could play with me.

(04-30-2020, 12:30 PM)hitman Wrote: The rest of the game is pretty great. I just don't do Warzone unless a friend is playing.

And Realism is near perfect COD, but instead of being a constantly available playlist like Core and Hardcore, they keep moving it around to different map and mode rotations. 

Cross-platform play is tits. I'm spoiled to it. I wish other games (like Star Wars Battlefront 2) had it, because I'd buy a PC copy so my kids could play with me.
As someone who's never spent any real money purchasing a COD title, I almost pulled the trigger on this one. $40 is still a little high for me to go all in on MW; not with a video game title but out of some odd sense of loyalty to an old dead franchise.

But ALMOST.

Funny thing is most people are burning out of this or are tired of the same 'ol and I just got started playing MP lol. I'm like "I love Kill Confirmed" when I played it last weekend for free for the first time and these young cats probably forever rolling eyes.

It is sort of odd though with how big this game is, that it doesnt have custom servers available to choose your modes and maps. Clearly there is plenty of people playing. Although, I've always been fond of the voting feature and always kind of spied it from afar wanting it in more games. Hindsight being 20/20 has me thinking though that it probably kind of sucks for unpopular maps and the ever present hive mind. Quarantine on Confrontation comes to mind. I wouldve never played it had it not been forced because of how universally hated that map was. Nothing more satisfying than quarantine breach and draining the water and planting that bomb down below.

Now that my boy is 7, I'm starting to wonder where to go from here? I want a PS5 so maybe he gets my old PS4? He doesnt have a TV in his room yet, but I'll probably set him up with the old gear. I've been finding myself with a God dang video game gobbling junkie and I'm finding the "Do as I say, not as I do" conundrum a little tiring so I've abstained for the most part and have kicked the can down the road for a little while longer.

Sounds like you set them up with their own rigs and kept the console for yourself for the most part.

I've fought off the iPads and the random cell phone usage for as long as I can and even the tiniest bit of time on a game system seems to actually retard his growth. Maybe mine just struggles like me with attention and multitasking, but you can almost literally see his brain shut down and tune out once Lego Marvel Avengers hits the screen.

(04-30-2020, 01:31 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 12:30 PM)hitman Wrote: The rest of the game is pretty great. I just don't do Warzone unless a friend is playing.

As someone who's never spent any real money purchasing a COD title, I almost pulled the trigger on this one. $40 is still a little high for me to go all in on MW; not with a video game title but out of some odd sense of loyalty to an old dead franchise.

But ALMOST.

Funny thing is most people are burning out of this or are tired of the same 'ol and I just got started playing MP lol. I'm like "I love Kill Confirmed" when I played it last weekend for free for the first time and these young cats probably forever rolling eyes.

It is sort of odd though with how big this game is, that it doesnt have custom servers available to choose your modes and maps. Clearly there is plenty of people playing. Although, I've always been fond of the voting feature and always kind of spied it from afar wanting it in more games. Hindsight being 20/20 has me thinking though that it probably kind of sucks for unpopular maps and the ever present hive mind. Quarantine on Confrontation comes to mind. I wouldve never played it had it not been forced because of how universally hated that map was. Nothing more satisfying than quarantine breach and draining the water and planting that bomb down below.

Now that my boy is 7, I'm starting to wonder where to go from here? I want a PS5 so maybe he gets my old PS4? He doesnt have a TV in his room yet, but I'll probably set him up with the old gear. I've been finding myself with a God dang video game gobbling junkie and I'm finding the "Do as I say, not as I do" conundrum a little tiring so I've abstained for the most part and have kicked the can down the road for a little while longer.

Sounds like you set them up with their own rigs and kept the console for yourself for the most part.

I've fought off the iPads and the random cell phone usage for as long as I can and even the tiniest bit of time on a game system seems to actually retard his growth. Maybe mine just struggles like me with attention and multitasking, but you can almost literally see his brain shut down and tune out once Lego Marvel Avengers hits the screen.

If I were giving a console to my kid that age, it would be a PS1. It had great and creative titles that had real soul to them. Especially for a kid that age. Games that made you think and didnt just hold your hand through some linear button mashfest while you marvel at the realistic freckles on the NPCs.

Crash Bandicoot, Intelligent Qube, Tomb Raider, FFVll, Metal Gear, Jet Moto, Coolboarders, Tony Hawk, Syphon Filter, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, the list is literally endless for the number and variety of games available to play on that console. Games that made you think and engage not just say "Wow, that tree looks SO realistic!"

(04-30-2020, 03:29 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 01:31 PM)SkiMask Wrote: As someone who's never spent any real money purchasing a COD title, I almost pulled the trigger on this one. $40 is still a little high for me to go all in on MW; not with a video game title but out of some odd sense of loyalty to an old dead franchise.

But ALMOST.

If I were giving a console to my kid that age, it would be a PS1. It had great and creative titles that had real soul to them. Especially for a kid that age. Games that made you think and didnt just hold your hand through some linear button mashfest while you marvel at the realistic freckles on the NPCs.

Crash Bandicoot, Intelligent Qube, Tomb Raider, FFVll, Metal Gear, Jet Moto, Coolboarders, Tony Hawk, Syphon Filter, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, the list is literally endless for the number and variety of games available to play on that console. Games that made you think and engage not just say "Wow, that tree looks SO realistic!"
I remember the games that sold me on the PS1 were Ridge Racer, Air Combat, and PGA Tour 96. Air Combat was so pretty for that timeframe (Became Ace Combat). Also had some really good sports games. The Gameday sports games that were PS Exclusives were so on point for that time.
As you mentioned, a ton of goodness came out of that system...