Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COD Warzone

(05-01-2020, 08:51 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 03:29 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: If I were giving a console to my kid that age, it would be a PS1. It had great and creative titles that had real soul to them. Especially for a kid that age. Games that made you think and didnt just hold your hand through some linear button mashfest while you marvel at the realistic freckles on the NPCs.

Crash Bandicoot, Intelligent Qube, Tomb Raider, FFVll, Metal Gear, Jet Moto, Coolboarders, Tony Hawk, Syphon Filter, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, the list is literally endless for the number and variety of games available to play on that console. Games that made you think and engage not just say "Wow, that tree looks SO realistic!"
I remember the games that sold me on the PS1 were Ridge Racer, Air Combat, and PGA Tour 96. Air Combat was so pretty for that timeframe (Became Ace Combat). Also had some really good sports games. The Gameday sports games that were PS Exclusives were so on point for that time.
As you mentioned, a ton of goodness came out of that system...

Yea PS1 had a culture of creativity and experimental ideas that pushed the boundaries of what people thought was possible that carried over to PS2 which then had the power to turn those types of games into graphical works of art. Ace Combat is an absolutely sublime game and a perfect example of that.

PS2 was the peak of cosole gaming. By far the best combination of innovation, gameplay, and graphical upgrade of any generation. Its been all downhill since just with better graphics. That is the only area gaming has improved since 2001.

i agree with mack, ps2 was the peak. ps2 and n64 are the best consoles made IMO

(05-01-2020, 11:00 PM)dizee Wrote: i agree with mack, ps2 was the peak. ps2 and n64 are the best consoles made IMO

Yea theres no doubt that the PS2 era was the peak of gaming. It was the largest leap forward in graphics combined with gameplay of any generation. Every generation since has been nothing more than an improvement in graphics with no discernible improvement in gameplay, innovation, or content. If anything, games and gameplay have regressed at the expense of "graphics".

Do you want a linear game that has 6 hours of gameplay with amazingly realistic trees, or a game that has 30+ hours of challenging gameplay where the trees might be a little pixelated?

I had more "WOW" moments from the PS2 than any console since. In truth, Ive had ZERO "WOW" moments since the PS2. Yea there have been some enjoyable games, but nothing that amazed me as happened on PS2.

GTA3. Absolutely BLOWN AWAY with the graphics, innovation and gameplay. Me and my buddy literally called out of work to play the game.

Gran Turismo 3. The graphics amazed me. The sunlight coming through the trees and reflecting off my car had me mesmerized.

MGS2. The gameplay and graphics were groundbreaking. As you played the game, I found it hard to concentrate on actually playing the game because I was too busy soaking in the environment.

Socom obviously. No need to go into detail there.

The list goes on, there were many others that brought the same feeling. Nothing even remotely comparable in the generations since.

(04-28-2020, 04:29 AM)Swill Wrote: I know this might sound ridiculous, and some of you may scoff at this, but I've been really enjoying Call of Duty Warzone. It's very teamwork focused and it surprisingly provides at least a small bit of that SOCOM feeling when playing. Not to mention, it's free to play and doesn't cost a dime.

Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up. If you play it, let me know your tag and I'll add you.

SOCOM 3 is superior to COD Warzone.

(05-02-2020, 01:47 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 04:29 AM)Swill Wrote: I know this might sound ridiculous, and some of you may scoff at this, but I've been really enjoying Call of Duty Warzone. It's very teamwork focused and it surprisingly provides at least a small bit of that SOCOM feeling when playing. Not to mention, it's free to play and doesn't cost a dime.

Just figured I'd give everyone a heads up. If you play it, let me know your tag and I'll add you.

Well, of course it is son lol.

(05-02-2020, 01:47 PM)eVo7 Wrote:

In Swill's mind Socom 3 is superior to simultaneous head from Sophia Vergara, Shakira, and Jennifer Lopez.

(05-02-2020, 09:47 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 01:47 PM)eVo7 Wrote: SOCOM 3 is superior to COD Warzone.

In Swill's mind Socom 3 is superior to simultaneous head from Sophia Vergara, Shakira, and Jennifer Lopez.

Lol, just saw this. SOCOM 3 is superior, because I don't want no head from 3 hispanic women.

And, I'm part hispanic, so I can say that lol.

(05-04-2020, 10:00 AM)Swill Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 09:47 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: In Swill's mind Socom 3 is superior to simultaneous head from Sophia Vergara, Shakira, and Jennifer Lopez.

Lol, just saw this. SOCOM 3 is superior, because I don't want no head from 3 hispanic women.

And, I'm part hispanic, so I can say that lol.

You can say that if you are 0% Hispanic. Lol. But as a confirmed toxic racist your position is wrong. I would be late to my weekly Klan meeting if it meant those 3 would be slobbing my knob. Of course I would insist that afterwards they all did my laundry, cleaned my house, and mowed my lawn before murdering all of them by beating them to death with a bag full of cans of Goya refried beans.

What a small world, Buch.

Did you just happen to be playing when I was on or did you come in via a player search or something? Kind of neat seeing you; almost thought you were gonna get us into Bunker 11 or whatever.

I do have a page saved with the Russian numbers for the phone messages but I think you still need a Red Card to enter to to use the code for the 2nd area inside with the blueprint and nuke.

Either way, funny running into you at like 4 a.m. though.