Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillette commits brand suicide

https://twitter.com/Gillette/status/1084850521196900352

If you look through their timeline, 90% of it is men saying they will never buy another product again. 9% is women/feminists who are thrilled and the last 1% are soyboys who are happy pretending to be women.

[Image: Dw595X8WkAM6txm.jpg:large]

Interesting how it is the responsibility of men to save women from "toxic masculinity". Why do they need men to alter the behavior of other men? Women can do anything men can do, right? So they shouldnt need to ask for help from men to stop the behavior of other men.

(01-14-2019, 07:38 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Interesting how it is the responsibility of men to save women from "toxic masculinity". Why do they need men to alter the behavior of other men? Women can do anything men can do, right? So they shouldnt need to ask for help from men to stop the behavior of other men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0

Look at the thumbs up/down ratio. Was nice knowin ya Gillette.

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/statu...5287272448

How fitting that they put that nasty whore from The Young Turks front and center.

How ironic that they used Terry Crews as a role model, facial hair and all.

My favorite part of all this is that there are some pajama boys that will totally shave their dumbass handlebar moustaches off as a virtue signal, and will regret it.

I spread that video to some friends, almost all of them said they are never buying Gillette products ever again. Shit is overpriced anyway.

Maybe I didn't pay attention enough. Aside from having "I'm better then you" Ana on there is this really something to get up in arms over?

(01-14-2019, 10:08 PM)Buchanans Wrote: Maybe I didn't pay attention enough.  Aside from having  "I'm better then you" Ana on there is this really something to get up in arms over?

Any sensible business should know better than to engage in an ad like this. It serves no purpose other than to further divide people. Does anyone think this commercial is going to change someones mind? The thumbs up/down ration clearly show it is not effective and not working. For every sale they "gained", they probably lost 20.

The problem is you have to draw a line somewhere because SJWs are like parasites. You give them a inch, they take a mile. First they start with something basic and before you know it, they are demanding transgender restrooms at stores and allowing parents to not pick the gender of a newborn baby. It will literally never end if you dont draw a line and enforce it.

(01-14-2019, 10:32 PM)dizee Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 10:08 PM)Buchanans Wrote: Maybe I didn't pay attention enough.  Aside from having  "I'm better then you" Ana on there is this really something to get up in arms over?

Any sensible business should know better than to engage in an ad like this. It serves no purpose other than to further divide people. Does anyone think this commercial is going to change someones mind? The thumbs up/down ration clearly show it is not effective and not working. For every sale they "gained", they probably lost 20.

The problem is you have to draw a line somewhere because SJWs are like parasites. You give them a inch, they take a mile. First they start with something basic and before you know it, they are demanding transgender restrooms at stores and allowing parents to not pick the gender of a newborn baby. It will literally never end if you dont draw a line and enforce it.
I agree that it is obnoxious and often inappropriate when companies engage in social or political positions and as a share holder would want the business of any scumbag that needed to shave. They're not a selling a product that needs them to exercise responsibility so why insert yourself into something. That said what's the message here that needs to be objected to? Don't fight or harass? While it has a bit of that cringy SJW flavor to it I'm finding some of the anti positions equally obnoxious of late as I think it can fuel things.

(01-14-2019, 11:54 PM)Buchanans Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 10:32 PM)dizee Wrote:

I agree that it is obnoxious and often inappropriate when companies engage in social or political positions and as a share holder would want the business of any scumbag that needed to shave. They're not a selling a product that needs them to exercise responsibility so why insert yourself into something. That said what's the message here that needs to be objected to? Don't fight or harass? While it has a bit of that cringy SJW flavor to it I'm finding some of the anti positions equally obnoxious of late as I think it can fuel things.

The ad shows a black guy coming to the "rescue" of a white girl by holding a white guy back from saying hello. I guess we're not allowed to introduce ourselves to women, anymore, and apparently your average black guy is virtuous enough give a shit and legally allowed to put hands on you.

It shows another black guy "protecting" white girls from white guys who are videoing at a pool party where all the girls are wearing tiny, two-piece bikinis.
Oh, look: a social mixer at a pool. All the little tramps are on Instagram. But don't bring your Tuber crew, you creeper!

It shows a white guy harassing an ethnic (black/brown) woman on a TV set, as part of a comedy routine. 
Of course, all the audience members are white.

Even if all that is subtle enough not to irritate you, the ad literally uses the words "toxic masculinity", and does so while portraying a 70-year-old man who looks like a stereotypical Vietnam/Gulf War veteran. 
Like, what the hell could that guy possibly be doing in public that could be labelled "toxic"? Fucking manspreading on the fucking bus while headed to fucking Luby's?

The video is enraging people, and rightfully so. It's purposefully sexist, and maybe even racist. 
Fuck Gilette.

[Image: 50263881_288757971798823_624532313779837...e=5CD0EB97]