Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillette commits brand suicide

(09-22-2020, 07:23 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Just getting caught up on all of this. Had a rough week. Lost my mom to cancer, and she passed a week ago Sunday.

1. Glad I could help you out with the slide issue.

2. Hitman is right, you don't need a decked out tacti-cool pistola. It's overkill. I wouldn't even waste my time with optics based on your own words: you aren't looking at being a precision 10 ring all day shooter, you're looking to put rounds on a target to either maim or kill. Don't need a special sight/laser combo for that. And yeah, anything giving off light, even in small amounts, is going to do 2 things. Give away your position in low light, as well as mess with your own night vision. Best to go with a quick on/off light for your needs. Only thing I did to my Glocks was change the sights to Trijicon night sights and upgraded to 3.5lb ghost triggers. No optics, not lasers, no cerakote, no vented slides. I'm the same as Hitman here and I hand carry a flashlight. I may mount one to my 17 (actually been on the fence about that for about a year now), but right now, I am not hindered by hand carrying a light.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Sad

(09-21-2020, 06:47 PM)SkiMask Wrote: I just have to tune it all out over the next few weeks; shit is infuriating

Don't let it get you.

(09-22-2020, 07:23 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Just getting caught up on all of this. Had a rough week. Lost my mom to cancer, and she passed a week ago Sunday.
I'm so sorry to hear this news, brother. Sending some prayers for peace, strength, fortitude and serenity during your trying time. We're at that age where people we love are gonna start dropping left and right. I made peace with my old man because of that very reason. Life's too short. Sorry again for your loss and like Mack said, hope she didn't suffer.
(09-22-2020, 12:17 PM)hitman Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 06:47 PM)SkiMask Wrote: I just have to tune it all out over the next few weeks; shit is infuriating
Don't let it get you.
Thanks man, I'm a pretty passionate guy so I've been subbing in activities to replace the screen time. Gave up the MJ for awhile as well to get my mind clear. Shitty thing the fog takes so long to wear off, but I don't worry about tomorrow just concentrate on today. "Attitude and Activity" is all I can control so I've been employing that and the K.I.S.S. method.

Way back when you said your bro struggled with hallucinogens, do you mind me asking which one(s)? Been reading up on P.cubensis and its been two decades, but I've heard great things about its effects on well being. Gonna do a little self exploration again in a few weeks when its time.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother Junglist. That cannot be easy to confront but I am sure she lived a long and wonderful life and clearly raised a very good son in yourself. She may be gone but she definitely lives on through her family.

Thanks fellas. Still getting all the odds and ends sorted out. Appreciate the kind words. I'll be a round a bit more now...