Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillette commits brand suicide

It has cracked the top 50 most disliked videos then if it has broke 1million

(01-19-2019, 04:29 AM)SkiMask Wrote: While your not wrong on your points Mack, let's be real honest, the topic was "Gillette committed brand suicide" and I just don't agree.

I don't think there is enough people who are actually outraged to actually matter in the grand scheme. 

Also, Twitter isn't necessarily even representative of that demo when you factor in total population in relation to sales globally. 

I'm also not a mindless drone as I see all the angles to this shit and have for decades. That's why I'm not easily sold on products in general. I'm not disagreeing they alienated a ton of their demo, but when I asked ordinary people only one out of 5 even knew what I was referring to. And when I mentioned what it was about, I could literally see people tuning it out because they ARE sick of it all to the point they are not even listening to either side anymore. 

So your spot on there, but again not even a queef in the grand scheme. Certainly not any 'suicide' that's for sure. 

Also, Gillette is owned by P&G and maybe they pull the bleeding heart blue haired Skintamate using chicks from Schick, who knows but again good luck in getting P&G to even feel the sting regardless of who's finally waking up to their retail product propaganda being shoveled at every opportunity.

(01-19-2019, 04:07 AM)dizee Wrote: ...You act like a raging SJW...
Um ok...I'm done. 

I thought we were having a valid discussion about brand suicide and I disagreed because I can argue either side to just about anything. But at this point I couldn't care less either way. 

And since you feel so strongly as to project some fucking dumb shit on me I ask myself why I even bothered with the circle jerk in the first place.

Yeah you have a reading comprehension problem if you thought I was calling you a SJW. Read it again.

(01-19-2019, 09:46 AM)hitman Wrote: I'm just gonna leave this right here...

[Image: PISBK0u.png]

And that is off Youtube, which blatantly manipulates views and likes for videos that dont fit their agenda as well as for those that do. A 2 to 1 dislike ratio being shown most likely indicates a much larger ratio. That is just the ratio they felt they could get away with showing publicly.

(01-19-2019, 12:09 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:

And that is off Youtube, which blatantly manipulates views and likes for videos that dont fit their agenda as well as for those that do. A 2 to 1 dislike ratio being shown most likely indicates a much larger ratio. That is just the ratio they felt they could get away with showing publicly.

I believe this because when I saw the ratio on day 1, it was at 10K likes and 120K dislikes. 12 dislikes for every 1 like is likely the real ratio.

Too bad these metrics don't mean shit. They ARE funny but YouTube, Twitter, etc etc isnt indicative of real life. 

Not even fucking close.

If we are gonna use video game outrage decision making for indication of personal hygiene products' (kids, young adults versus adults) success in future earnings or by solvency then I would then point to COD: IW and Activision's brand of shooter where they still sold 1.8 million copies (albeit down 50% from previous) when they released that game to a horde of outraged fruits that ratio'd that Gillette ad by at least a hundred million. 

Yet COD Black Ops 4 sold $500 million in 3 days. So much for brand suicide and people (kids, younge adults) caring so much when a company doesn't deliver. 

I simply do not care about a company as "a person" (their politics, viewpoints etc) regardless if law recognizes them or not. I also used to smoke cigarettes knowing they killed minions of people as a company. 

Again, I'm not about to drop my flawless Mach 3 for some dumb shit people seem to think matters. Gillette makes razors and if that upsets the world because they retarded, I couldn't possibly care enough to change. 

Some outrage lunatics act like "FUCK GILLETTE" and then be washing clothes with Tide, dishes with Dawn, hair with Pantene, teeth with Crest, floors with Swifter, Pampers for baby butts, Pepto for tummy, etc etc etc its friggin hilarious...the selective outrage crowd. Not too mention, look into this company and they have been doing it for YEARS and nobody cares. 

Johnny Come Latelys no different.

(01-19-2019, 02:44 PM)SkiMask Wrote:

Too bad these metrics don't mean shit. They ARE funny but YouTube, Twitter, etc etc isnt indicative of real life. 

Not even fucking close.

If we are gonna use video game outrage decision making for indication of personal hygiene products' (kids, young adults versus adults) success in future earnings or by solvency then I would then point to COD: IW and Activision's brand of shooter where they still sold 1.8 million copies (albeit down 50% from previous) when they released that game to a horde of outraged fruits that ratio'd that Gillette ad by at least a hundred million. 

Yet COD Black Ops 4 sold $500 million in 3 days. So much for brand suicide and people (kids, younge adults) caring so much when a company doesn't deliver. 

I simply do not care about a company as "a person" (their politics, viewpoints etc) regardless if law recognizes them or not. I also used to smoke cigarettes knowing they killed minions of people as a company. 

Again, I'm not about to drop my flawless Mach 3 for some dumb shit people seem to think matters. Gillette makes razors and if that upsets the world because they retarded, I couldn't possibly care enough to change. 

Some outrage lunatics act like "FUCK GILLETTE" and then be washing clothes with Tide, dishes with Dawn, hair with Pantene, teeth with Crest, floors with Swifter, Pampers for baby butts, Pepto for tummy, etc etc etc its friggin hilarious...the selective outrage crowd. Not too mention, look into this company and they have been doing it for YEARS and nobody cares. 

Johnny Come Latelys no different.

(01-19-2019, 03:07 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 02:44 PM)SkiMask Wrote: COD: IW and Activision's brand of shooter where they still sold 1.8 million copies (albeit down 50% from previous) when they released that game to a horde of outraged fruits that ratio'd that Gillette ad by at least a hundred million. 

Yet COD Black Ops 4 sold $500 million in 3 days.
Again I'm not saying I didn't "feel" the bullshit cause I did, Lima Charlie good buddy (loud and clear) but the OP was about "brand suicide" not whether or not the commerical was kosher with men.

Of course they alienated 98% for the sake of the 2%; such is the American way these days...you can't even deny it anymore. 

My point is right on that Gillette won't be suicided by this drama and in the next QTR or even fiscal year for that matter. IMO

Remind me to dig into their 10ks (if public company) and we can do some accounting to see the real impacts because it would be fascinating to see these sorts of correlations and whether in this day and age if it even matters anymore. I sleep well regardless.

Black ops 4 only sold well because of blackout and people being desperate to play a mp shooter that isn't fortnite. It had nothing to do with people being ok with their previous actions. People can very easily switch to a new razor, they can't as easily switch to a good mp game that isn't shit. The game would have sold poorly if it didn't have blackout

And personally like I said on Paul forums, bo4 wasn't even that good and would be dead by 2019 which is what has happened.

(01-19-2019, 02:44 PM)SkiMask Wrote: Too bad these metrics don't mean shit.

Why is that?

(01-19-2019, 02:44 PM)SkiMask Wrote: I'm not about to drop my flawless Mach 3 for some dumb shit people seem to think matters. Gillette makes razors and if that upsets the world because they retarded, I couldn't possibly care enough to change. 

...Oh. That's why.

Yea so it looks like that whole "toxic masculinity" thing didnt work out too well for Gillette.

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/223994209

They just took a 12 Billion dollar write down.