Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM II Online 2020 WIP

A where we are currently at video in terms of re-creating the SOCOM II servers. Work by 1UP, and K3rber0s with help from Harry62

Exciting! Hope you guys eventually crack it and get it going at some point

Photo 
(07-24-2020, 06:35 PM)eVo7 Wrote: Exciting! Hope you guys eventually crack it and get it going at some point

Right now (for me at least) I've been taking what we have and trying to figured out exactly what everything does. Sort of a slow process but I think I figured out most of all the Universe listing packet in terms of having it show the player count and now being able to update the server status.

[Image: unknown.png]

(07-25-2020, 12:15 PM)1UP Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 06:35 PM)eVo7 Wrote: Exciting! Hope you guys eventually crack it and get it going at some point

Right now (for me at least) I've been taking what we have and trying to figured out exactly what everything does. Sort of a slow process but I think I figured out most of all the Universe listing packet in terms of having it show the player count and now being able to update the server status.

Keep us up to date, I am very interested in following the progress you guys make. Whether you post updates here or on the discord would be totally awesome.

So I can generate the default rooms but figuring out what happens next is a bit annoying.

Looking at old dumps of the game doesn't show an ID for the rooms so the only thing that I can think of is that when you request to join a room (this would probably also be the same for an actual game room) that it sends it off to the server and the server actually does a lookup for the ID and passes it back which to me seems like a really weird way to do that.
The good news is that some functionality doubles as other things.

So the game will send a heartbeat / something to the server and it will respond with a update which is basically what rooms are currently available. Well the refresh list button on the menu just does the exact same thing so we don't actually have to do anything for it.

now there is a menu screen i never thought i'd see again

It'd be sort of cool if you somehow went into the credits and reached out to someone specifically who worked on that game to see if there isn't something they could advise on your blueprint of the system and it's functionality.

(07-28-2020, 01:01 PM)1UP Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

So I can generate the default rooms but figuring out what happens next is a bit annoying.

Looking at old dumps of the game doesn't show an ID for the rooms so the only thing that I can think of is that when you request to join a room (this would probably also be the same for an actual game room) that it sends it off to the server and the server actually does a lookup for the ID and passes it back which to me seems like a really weird way to do that.
The good news is that some functionality doubles as other things.

So the game will send a heartbeat / something to the server and it will respond with a update which is basically what rooms are currently available. Well the refresh list button on the menu just does the exact same thing so we don't actually have to do anything for it.

Just by looking at the discord it looks like you guys made a bunch of progress since this post.

Great work and thanks for the updates.