Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM II Online 2020 WIP

maybe this has been asked and answered but ill ask anyways

assuming you guys are able to restore the servers to whatever capacity you can get it to, will it require any extra shenanigans like running codes or the emulator to get on it or can the avg joe just running the vanilla disc on a ps2 do it?

(08-19-2020, 08:43 PM)dizee Wrote: maybe this has been asked and answered but ill ask anyways

assuming you guys are able to restore the servers to whatever capacity you can get it to, will it require any extra shenanigans like running codes or the emulator to get on it or can the avg joe just running the vanilla disc on a ps2 do it?

I am prolly gonna guess will need to use a custom patch to get around DNAS and packet encryption.

(08-19-2020, 08:43 PM)dizee Wrote: maybe this has been asked and answered but ill ask anyways

It's going to require a patch. The captures from the DNAS forever project don't work for Socom 2 so a bypass is needed.

(08-23-2020, 07:53 AM)1UP Wrote:

It's going to require a patch. The captures from the DNAS forever project don't work for Socom 2 so a bypass is needed.

Well that's a bummer.

Been working on the clan functionality and got the user name to show up at the bottom of the screen. We are pretty certain that it not being there originally was causing us issues in other areas. Still can't make a room but we believe part of the problem was the fact that the name wasn't being loaded properly.

Anyways Clans and clan tags can be created now.

(08-31-2020, 08:29 PM)1UP Wrote: Been working on the clan functionality and got the user name to show up at the bottom of the screen. We are pretty certain that it not being there originally was causing us issues in other areas. Still can't make a room but we believe part of the problem was the fact that the name wasn't being loaded properly.

Can't wait!

(08-31-2020, 08:29 PM)1UP Wrote: Been working on the clan functionality and got the user name to show up at the bottom of the screen. We are pretty certain that it not being there originally was causing us issues in other areas. Still can't make a room but we believe part of the problem was the fact that the name wasn't being loaded properly.

Can I make a clan name and register it on Gamebattles? My clan's tiebreaker map is Enowapi Seals.

Only the best played on Gamebattles.

congrats on the test launch last night. i was casually watching the stream, seemed to go smooth for the mostpart.

also there seemed to be some confusion as to why i didnt help test. one it doesnt work for me for whatever reason and two is i am busy playing other games at the moment so really dont wanna take time away from that to test something that has not worked for me. Plus TBH i really dont wanna be around certain people who i know are bad apples, yall know who they are.

hopefully the servers continues to improve.

(09-19-2020, 07:54 AM)dizee Wrote: hopefully the servers continues to iimprove.
Who all showed up? Never heard a thing about this.

about 30+ people showed up. I was there along with obviously 1up and k3rb.