Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM II Online 2020 WIP

(09-21-2020, 12:31 PM)eVo7 Wrote: about 30+ people showed up. I was there along with obviously 1up and k3rb.
Not that bad of a turnout, actually. Especially since nothing was posted about it--here. 

Discord alive and well I'm assuming.

you dont use the emulator or a mcboot memory card so you couldnt have tested anyways

(09-21-2020, 06:00 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 12:31 PM)eVo7 Wrote: about 30+ people showed up. I was there along with obviously 1up and k3rb.
Not that bad of a turnout, actually. Especially since nothing was posted about it--here. 

Discord alive and well I'm assuming.

I didn't know about it until a few hours prior.

(09-21-2020, 09:50 PM)dizee Wrote: you dont use the emulator or a mcboot memory card so you couldnt have tested anyways
ah gotcha, now I see what you were saying. McBoot folks are not always the easiest folks to get along with. Plus a few of them have extreme cases of DDS (Dizee Derangement Syndrome).

(09-22-2020, 10:46 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 09:50 PM)dizee Wrote: you dont use the emulator or a mcboot memory card so you couldnt have tested anyways
ah gotcha, now I see what you were saying. McBoot folks are not always the easiest folks to get along with. Plus a few of them have extreme cases of DDS (Dizee Derangement Syndrome).
Its a big reason why I keep my distance from them. They see my name and they lose their shit. plus the more successful this server launch becomes, the more and more haters will pop back out. Already saw a few of them last weekend lol. Infact i remember over the past year 1up getting PM'd on svdl asking where evo and I were. The "fans" we have  definitely have mental illnesses.

The good news is 1up and Kerb are good people with very high IQs and standards so the server is in very good hands. It wont become a circus like SVDL did and it wont have no moderation on it like both SVDL/Xlink had. You wont see retards like Lust cheating every day on there or pathetic betas like Hexum doxxing people on it.

(09-23-2020, 02:15 AM)dizee Wrote: The good news is 1up and Kerb are good people with very high IQs and standards so the server is in very good hands. It wont become a circus like SVDL did and it wont have no moderation on it like both SVDL/Xlink had. You wont see retards like Lust cheating every day on there or pathetic betas like Hexum doxxing people on it.
yea i realized (waaaay too late) that they NEED us in order to continue the fuckery because without us they have no fun just playing legit.

No integrity on vanilla SOCOM. 

When we arrive, it's like a heroin fix they just have to score their ten bags of retarded in order to feel any real joy at all. Although, it's sort of a symbiotic relationship so my only course is to just abstain.

I'd come out to play with you guys anytime though for sure. Despite talking shit and rabble rousing folks around here I have the utmost respect for you all to the point I'd meet each and everyone of you out in the real for drinks and dinner. It'd be my treat.

(09-23-2020, 12:40 PM)SkiMask Wrote: yea i realized (waaaay too late) that they NEED us in order to continue the fuckery because without us they have no fun just playing legit.

No integrity on vanilla SOCOM. 

When we arrive, it's like a heroin fix they just have to score their ten bags of retarded in order to feel any real joy at all. Although, it's sort of a symbiotic relationship so my only course is to just abstain.

Excellent point.

well id get a mcboot memory card for sure Ski.

1UP found a way to push the r0004 patch using the server. This is pretty huge because it means it would have zero wall sliders and people would be able to use the HDD maps. I think its also possible that you would not need to run the .ELF file (or use mcboot mem card for PS2) every time you play. This is BIG BIG BIG.

(09-23-2020, 03:12 PM)dizee Wrote: well id get a mcboot memory card for sure Ski.

1UP found a way to push the r0004 patch using the server. This is pretty huge because it means it would have zero wall sliders and people would be able to use the HDD maps. I think its also possible that you would not need to run the .ELF file (or use mcboot mem card for PS2) every time you play. This is BIG BIG BIG.
Will Crossroads run properly you think or is that still gonna be a problem? Hopefully despite a couple ways to connect, there won't be any glaring differences in the performance of the game based on individual hardware, emu, and the mix of the two.

crossroads runs fine on the emulator, you just have to hit F9 to run it in software mode. it wont look as sharp or pretty, but its 100% playable.