Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM II Online 2020 WIP

(09-23-2020, 06:33 PM)dizee Wrote: crossroads runs fine on the emulator, you just have to hit F9 to run it in software mode. it wont look as sharp or pretty, but its 100% playable.

and even in software mode, it still looks better than PS2.

So we are able to have harry's patch update using the build in patch downloader. It still requires his patch but once it's in a state where it's good to release you won't need to download updated versions of it as the updates will just come from the server. R0004 would have been nice to use but it's just not gonna happen. He's tested his auto update on both PCSX2 and on ps2's and it works. It's just a matter of writing all the server code to handle what his patch will be doing at this point and getting it set up on a second server for testing.

I have basic moderation commands put in so people can be kicked / banned from within game. That was actually sort of fun to put in. Doing it while in game was sort of tricky.

(09-30-2020, 06:32 AM)1UP Wrote: So we are able to have harry's patch update using the build in patch downloader. It still requires his patch but once it's in a state where it's good to release you won't need to download updated versions of it as the updates will just come from the server.  R0004 would have been nice to use but it's just not gonna happen. He's tested his auto update on both PCSX2 and on ps2's and it works. It's just a matter of writing all the server code to handle what his patch will be doing at this point and getting it set up on a second server for testing.

I have basic moderation commands put in so people can be kicked / banned from within game. That was actually sort of fun to put in. Doing it while in game was sort of tricky.

Super exciting. This will alleviate the 500 questions of "what patch version" on the discord or forums.

This is all pretty terrific news and amazing work buy those involved. It appears we may be on the verge of a fully playable S2 though the emulator with all maps. If the country doesnt descend into Civil War during the winter and Im not slaughtering communists, I will be getting all set up to play again.

if mack returns, the amount of butthurt from the elite finger speed retards is gonna go thru the roof

(09-23-2020, 07:04 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 06:33 PM)dizee Wrote: crossroads runs fine on the emulator, you just have to hit F9 to run it in software mode. it wont look as sharp or pretty, but its 100% playable.

and even in software mode, it still looks better than PS2.

(09-30-2020, 05:55 PM)dizee Wrote: if mack returns, the amount of butthurt from the elite finger speed retards is gonna go thru the roof

Is it all the same idiots on there? I cant even remember the guys name who was the "finger speed" faggot on TRS. Just remember he was Canadian. Does it seem that a disproportionate amount of the elitist Socom morons seem to come from Canadia.

(09-30-2020, 09:22 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 07:04 PM)eVo7 Wrote: and even in software mode, it still looks better than PS2.

(09-30-2020, 05:55 PM)dizee Wrote: if mack returns, the amount of butthurt from the elite finger speed retards is gonna go thru the roof

Is it all the same idiots on there? I cant even remember the guys name who was the "finger speed" faggot on TRS. Just remember he was Canadian. Does it seem that a disproportionate amount of the elitist Socom morons seem to come from Canadia.
some are the same yeah. i played maybe 3 or 4 maps total on the new servers and saw alot of the same people

they started voting me on site, even on maps like DG where no m79 can be used. the butthurt over m79s is still very much a thing

(10-01-2020, 12:09 AM)dizee Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 09:22 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Is it all the same idiots on there? I cant even remember the guys name who was the "finger speed" faggot on TRS. Just remember he was Canadian. Does it seem that a disproportionate amount of the elitist Socom morons seem to come from Canadia.
some are the same yeah. i played maybe 3 or 4 maps total on the new servers and saw alot of the same people

they started voting me on site, even on maps like DG where no m79 can be used. the butthurt over m79s is still very much a thing
Pretty sure that was Chicken aka SOCOmologist aka Joe Navy aka dude from the States. But there's definitely a ton of Klondykes on the game wandering aboot the place. 

Let's be real, its been the same circle jerk of players for the past 14 years or so, they just switch up the handles as fast as their fragile personality disorders allow.

Only a handful have the courage to roll the same handle as the OG days. Kinda weird, but expected now with all the shit thats been stirred over the years.

Pussies the lot of them, wonder if thats bred into them up there or not?

OK so I have a question that I am assuming is going to mean bad news for me, but I hope means good news. At my parent's last night going through things since my mom passed, and I found the following awesomeness. a SLIM PS2 and my old S2 and S3 discs. Couldn't find CA, but whatever. Got all of the old cords, etc. fully functioning as my gear has been sitting in a box since probably 08 I'd have to say.

Question is can I play S2, or do I need a fatty PS2 and Network adaptor? I'd love to start playing again, but also do not want to hunt for the fatty ps2/adaptor combo.

(10-03-2020, 06:39 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: OK so I have a question that I am assuming is going to mean bad news for me, but I hope means good news. At my parent's last night going through things since my mom passed, and I found the following awesomeness. a SLIM PS2 and my old S2 and S3 discs. Couldn't find CA, but whatever. Got all of the old cords, etc. fully functioning as my gear has been sitting in a box since probably 08 I'd have to say.

Question is can I play S2, or do I need a fatty PS2 and Network adaptor? I'd love to start playing again, but also do not want to hunt for the fatty ps2/adaptor combo.
should be able to play. all you need is a mcboot memory card that you can buy for a few bucks off ebay or whatever.