Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM II Online 2020 WIP

(10-03-2020, 06:39 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: OK so I have a question that I am assuming is going to mean bad news for me, but I hope means good news. At my parent's last night going through things since my mom passed, and I found the following awesomeness. a SLIM PS2 and my old S2 and S3 discs. Couldn't find CA, but whatever. Got all of the old cords, etc. fully functioning as my gear has been sitting in a box since probably 08 I'd have to say.

Question is can I play S2, or do I need a fatty PS2 and Network adaptor? I'd love to start playing again, but also do not want to hunt for the fatty ps2/adaptor combo.

The only slim PS2 that McBoot doesn't work on I believe is the 90000 series. Any other PS2, and McBoot works. You will also need a flash drive to put the r0006 server patch on. It's very easy, almost brain dead easy.

yall need to get on so we can fill our own room on friday nights and password it

(10-03-2020, 09:24 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 06:39 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: OK so I have a question that I am assuming is going to mean bad news for me, but I hope means good news. At my parent's last night going through things since my mom passed, and I found the following awesomeness. a SLIM PS2 and my old S2 and S3 discs. Couldn't find CA, but whatever. Got all of the old cords, etc. fully functioning as my gear has been sitting in a box since probably 08 I'd have to say.

Question is can I play S2, or do I need a fatty PS2 and Network adaptor? I'd love to start playing again, but also do not want to hunt for the fatty ps2/adaptor combo.

The only slim PS2 that McBoot doesn't work on I believe is the 90000 series. Any other PS2, and McBoot works. You will also need a flash drive to put the r0006 server patch on. It's very easy, almost brain dead easy.
There is also free dvd boot now that as far as I know covers all PS2's
https://github.com/CTurt/FreeDVDBoot

(10-03-2020, 10:04 PM)SOCOMDITCH Wrote: yall need to get on so we can fill our own room on friday nights  and password it
would love to see that happen sometime. maybe we can plan for a holiday season community night

(10-04-2020, 05:13 AM)dizee Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 10:04 PM)SOCOMDITCH Wrote: yall need to get on so we can fill our own room on friday nights  and password it
would love to see that happen sometime. maybe we can plan for a holiday season community night
Every Friday night??.. and the password recovery is messed up, I had to create this account because it wouldn’t email me my Ditch pw.

(10-04-2020, 04:41 AM)1UP Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 09:24 PM)eVo7 Wrote: The only slim PS2 that McBoot doesn't work on I believe is the 90000 series. Any other PS2, and McBoot works. You will also need a flash drive to put the r0006 server patch on. It's very easy, almost brain dead easy.
There is also free dvd boot now that as far as I know covers all PS2's
Nice...once I get things hooked up I'll reach back out on this. I'll need a walkthrough from you guys on this, not because I am an idiot, but because in all honesty while I supported and spread the word, I never expected to be in this position so I didn't pay much thought to the instructions.

I assume i have to buy a Free McBoot memory card, which is fine. I have tons of flash drives, so I can DL the patch. Just need guidance going through it all.

Thanks boys. Hope to be online in a month or so. I'm doing a lot of sorting of my mom's affairs for the time being, and planning a celebration of life at my house, so my time is kinda blocked up.

(10-04-2020, 03:12 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:41 AM)1UP Wrote: There is also free dvd boot now that as far as I know covers all PS2's
Nice...once I get things hooked up I'll reach back out on this. I'll need a walkthrough from you guys on this, not because I am an idiot, but because in all honesty while I supported and spread the word, I never expected to be in this position so I didn't pay much thought to the instructions.

I assume i have to buy a Free McBoot memory card, which is fine. I have tons of flash drives, so I can DL the patch. Just need guidance going through it all.

Thanks boys. Hope to be online in a month or so. I'm doing a lot of sorting of my mom's affairs for the time being, and planning a celebration of life at my house, so my time is kinda blocked up.
That's really not something I am going to be able to help you with sadly. I haven't touched a PS2 in years. If you are in the Socom Community discord there are people there who can help though.

If I can do it, you can easily do it,

(10-04-2020, 04:36 PM)SOCOMDITCH Wrote: If I can do it, you can easily do it,
of that I have no doubt! Just need the instructions is all Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

We are now able to push code changes to the client so we can technically hotfix things.

Right now we have wall sliding patched out without the need of an addition update to harry's patch as well as a command for emulator players to  apply the render fix for maps that run terribly.