Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM II Online 2020 WIP

(10-05-2020, 08:04 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 04:36 PM)SOCOMDITCH Wrote: If I can do it, you can easily do it,
of that I have no doubt! Just need the instructions is all Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
A couple things jumped out at me at first glance. First, you don't need what they are talking about to play SOCOM 2. Its easy to conflate topics and information with regards to all this. Second, the only thing you'll need is a PS2 memory card (not usb) a small list of instructions which you would follow easily as it has you inputting a new save/memory card config which occurs inside the PS2 not outside. Third, a slim PS2 has the network adapter required so no worries about any of that. Fourth, I would spend the $13 on Amazon for a PS2->HDMI so you can plug and play on any TV without worries about component cabling and usually the cords you have already produce low quality picture and the adapter fixes that and is plug and play.

The instructions are buried here somewhere in the SVDL setup and takes about 30 minutes to set up because you have to actually read some stuff and reconfig the memory card which has you inputting default values into the card so it knows where to go when you load your save.

Finally, DO NOT ERASE YOUR SAVES OR REFORMAT YOUR CARD COMPLETELY. Your gonna want them goodies you spent so much time acquiring and you still can enjoy the fruits of your past labor--today.

Your more than welcomed to call me and we can go through it some night when your free. Wpuldnt have to play or anything just set it up and get it working. 

THEN you can take it to the next level with McBoot if you feel strongly enough to do so. Wouldn't need much more than some patience and a half an hour to get up and running.

I would assume you have a computer or better yet a laptop with an ethernet (cat5 cable) socket? If so, most computers made beyond 2010 have the ability to basically plug and play with the SVDL software your gonna need to be running the game. 

That's it. Simple.

(10-05-2020, 10:07 PM)1UP Wrote: We are now able to push code changes to the client so we can technically hotfix things.

Right now we have wall sliding patched out without the need of an addition update to harry's patch as well as a command for emulator players to  apply the render fix for maps that run terribly.

[video=youtube]SOCOM II update. Wallsliding has been fixed on the server side and we added a command to allow people on the emulator to enable the render fix using /rfix in chat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-PqWDf_2yA[/video]
sounds great

You need a mcboot memory card and a usb flash/thumbdrive to run the elf file on a ps2. the server will not work otherwise. now according to 1up, in the future they will be able to push updates so you wont need to run the elf file every time you play. but you still need a mcboot memory card for now and atleast to run it one time in the future. nobody plays on SVDL anymore because dominator is a retard and Xlink is dead. I will probably delete or rename those sections of the forums soon and replace it with 1up and Kerb's servers.

if wall sliding is patched out on the server, i imagine the public lobbies will actually be a decent time until the tryhards cry about whatever gun you choose to use.

You need a way to load homebrew (aka Mcboot memory card, or equivalent) and a USB flash drive to put the patch on to play on the revived server if using PS2. If using the emulator you just need a SOCOM 2 ISO and the patch file. That's not a debatable topic at the moment. SVDL is dead now so unless you feel like playing 1v1s all day, the only way to play SOCOM 2 online with any type of population is via the method I stated.

(10-06-2020, 03:06 PM)dizee Wrote: You need a mcboot memory card and a usb flash/thumbdrive to run the elf file on a ps2. the server will not work otherwise. now according to 1up, in the future they will be able to push updates so you wont need to run the elf file every time you play. but you still need a mcboot memory card for now and atleast to run it one time in the future. nobody plays on SVDL anymore because dominator is a retard and Xlink is dead. I will probably delete or rename those sections of the forums soon and replace it with 1up and Kerb's servers.

if wall sliding is patched out on the server, i imagine the public lobbies will actually be a decent time until the tryhards cry about whatever gun you choose to use.
No that's not gonna happen. That was something we were hoping we could do but it's just a ton of work to try and re-use the r4 patch and also include harry's stuff. The patch will always be required. We can push updates though which will save to the card so you won't have to manually update every time there is a new version. However there will be a 1 time manual update that will be required and the server will tell people when that happens.

It will basically be this minus the typo

[Image: unknown.png]

OK so honest to god legit question. In going through my stuff I see that I do not have a memory card anymore, which is fine. Hell I can play S2 all over again and not care at all about that. what I do have a question about is what is the best McBoot Card to get? Also, do those 128MB cards work or are they rip offs?

Understand that in me sounding ignorant, it's because I honestly never had any intentions of going back to PS2 gaming, so I am not really in tune with how things have progressed since I got a 360, then PS3 and 4. Can i just buy any old McBoot or is the one with the most available space the best. Do the high memory cap cards work, or should I try OEM stuff?

Thanks boys. Also found out some of the games I still have is Manhunt, and Ace Combat 5, so I am looking forward to playing those as well.

(10-12-2020, 09:05 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: OK so honest to god legit question. In going through my stuff I see that I do not have a memory card anymore, which is fine. Hell I can play S2 all over again and not care at all about that. what I do have a question about is what is the best McBoot Card to get? Also, do those 128MB cards work or are they rip offs?

Understand that in me sounding ignorant, it's because I honestly never had any intentions of going back to PS2 gaming, so I am not really in tune with how things have progressed since I got a 360, then PS3 and 4. Can i just buy any old McBoot or is the one with the most available space the best. Do the high memory cap cards work, or should I try OEM stuff?

Thanks boys. Also found out some of the games I still have is Manhunt, and Ace Combat 5, so I am looking forward to playing those as well.
Not sure about this, may get a better answer if you ask the discord. I do think any McBoot memory card will work, not sure about the 128MB card but you really dont need one seeing as S2 is 3mb tops on a memory card.

(10-13-2020, 07:04 AM)dizee Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 09:05 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: OK so honest to god legit question. In going through my stuff I see that I do not have a memory card anymore, which is fine. Hell I can play S2 all over again and not care at all about that. what I do have a question about is what is the best McBoot Card to get? Also, do those 128MB cards work or are they rip offs?

Not sure about this, may get a better answer if you ask the discord. I do think any McBoot memory card will work, not sure about the 128MB card but you really dont need one seeing as S2 is 3mb tops on a memory card.
Thanks Diz. I was more concerned with storing all my other games, too. I remember Socom took up a huge chunk out of 8MB, but also wasn't a hindrance. I'm just thinking more bang for the buck - if those cards work, that is...

(10-13-2020, 07:38 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 07:04 AM)dizee Wrote: Not sure about this, may get a better answer if you ask the discord. I do think any McBoot memory card will work, not sure about the 128MB card but you really dont need one seeing as S2 is 3mb tops on a memory card.
Thanks Diz. I was more concerned with storing all my other games, too. I remember Socom took up a huge chunk out of 8MB, but also wasn't a hindrance. I'm just thinking more bang for the buck - if those cards work, that is...

When I played on PS2 I had my mcboot card in slot2 and my memory card for SOCOM/game saves in slot 1. I don't think you can save anything to a mcboot memory card, although I could be wrong.

Like DITCH said not long ago it would be nice to get a group of OUR people together so we don't have to deal with try hards and people complaining about what gun you use.

(10-13-2020, 07:47 AM)eVo7 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 07:38 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Thanks Diz. I was more concerned with storing all my other games, too. I remember Socom took up a huge chunk out of 8MB, but also wasn't a hindrance. I'm just thinking more bang for the buck - if those cards work, that is...

When I played on PS2 I had my mcboot card in slot2 and my memory card for SOCOM/game saves in slot 1. I don't think you can save anything to a mcboot memory card, although I could be wrong.

Like DITCH said not long ago it would be nice to get a group of OUR people together so we don't have to deal with try hards and people complaining about what gun you use.
I'm working on that. A few weeks and I should be good to go. Can't wait to get merk'ed. Won't even care that I suck, just looking forward to playing. Like I said in the past I was a Pub Star, never got into the eSports side of the game, so I know I'm not great. I was always the 8-8 guy. And that's just fine...

That's what I figured I would be doing too with a McBoot card and regular memory card. Was hoping you guys had some experiences with the larger capacity memory cards for other games. Seems like the McBoots are all 64MB that I saw on Amazon. Was going to get a 256MB for my other games. Might just get a 128 then. Found out, BTW that I have a 7 series slim, if I am assuming the SCHP-7000...is the number you meant evo.