Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM II Online 2020 WIP

(10-13-2020, 09:13 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 07:47 AM)eVo7 Wrote: When I played on PS2 I had my mcboot card in slot2 and my memory card for SOCOM/game saves in slot 1. I don't think you can save anything to a mcboot memory card, although I could be wrong.

Like DITCH said not long ago it would be nice to get a group of OUR people together so we don't have to deal with try hards and people complaining about what gun you use.
I'm working on that. A few weeks and I should be good to go. Can't wait to get merk'ed. Won't even care that I suck, just looking forward to playing. Like I said in the past I was a Pub Star, never got into the eSports side of the game, so I know I'm not great. I was always the 8-8 guy. And that's just fine...

That's what I figured I would be doing too with a McBoot card and regular memory card. Was hoping you guys had some experiences with the larger capacity memory cards for other games. Seems like the McBoots are all 64MB that I saw on Amazon. Was going to get a 256MB for my other games. Might just get a 128 then. Found out, BTW that I have a 7 series slim, if I am assuming the SCHP-7000...is the number you meant evo.

7 series slim should be good to go.

Yea we don't care about being good or anything, I'm more here for the laughs and conversations, and I don't need people TKing and voting because I used an IW or m14 or M79 or w/e. That what most of the people on the game right now do, and they care a lot about being good or a "somebody" on a dead game. It's so sad and pathetic.

(10-13-2020, 10:23 AM)eVo7 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 09:13 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: I'm working on that. A few weeks and I should be good to go. Can't wait to get merk'ed. Won't even care that I suck, just looking forward to playing. Like I said in the past I was a Pub Star, never got into the eSports side of the game, so I know I'm not great. I was always the 8-8 guy. And that's just fine...

That's what I figured I would be doing too with a McBoot card and regular memory card. Was hoping you guys had some experiences with the larger capacity memory cards for other games. Seems like the McBoots are all 64MB that I saw on Amazon. Was going to get a 256MB for my other games. Might just get a 128 then. Found out, BTW that I have a 7 series slim, if I am assuming the SCHP-7000...is the number you meant evo.

7 series slim should be good to go.

Yea we don't care about being good or anything, I'm more here for the laughs and conversations, and I don't need people TKing and voting because I used an IW or m14 or M79 or w/e. That what most of the people on the game right now do, and they care a lot about being good or a "somebody" on a dead game. It's so sad and pathetic.
Definitely, that's why I can't to get on and just have fun! I couldn't care less how good I am. Also need to try to play differently. In it's heyday, I played with an inverted y-axis. In fact, I played all of my shooting games that way. Beginning with Destiny, I switched to regular and liked it more, so I'll be incorporating that into SOCOM. I also have MOH Frontline and Rising Sun. Loved the stories for those, so I can't wait to play them too!

The large majority of the ones playing are retards who care about rank and banning certain guns. It's why I really don't give a shit wherever they cry about m79 the few times a month we use them.

We can definitely try to get another community night push going though but as of now it's still gonna need to be a public room unless others wanna come play

I still play with inverted y btw lol

(10-13-2020, 01:10 PM)dizee Wrote: I still play with inverted y btw lol
I just ran through the beginning of the fist mission where you meet up with Mallard and used normal Y axis. I'll be using that now since it's what I've used for a while now. Obviously not going to say I'll be better now than I was back in the day, but it was ok. The thing that got me was using triangle to change stance and R1 to fire. the R1 was an instant adaption, but I kept hitting circle to go prone. I'll definitely be playing a lot of single player for a bit just to get back into it.

Not gonna lie, after 15 years kinda got some chills hearing the intro music hit. I was really cool to hear again. I also have component cables, so I played in prog scan. Graphics were more than tolerable.

Just ordered a new ps2 controller (3rd Party), 64MB McBoot with v1.996 and a 128MB card. Should all be here by Saturday.

(10-13-2020, 09:13 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 07:47 AM)eVo7 Wrote: When I played on PS2 I had my mcboot card in slot2 and my memory card for SOCOM/game saves in slot 1. I don't think you can save anything to a mcboot memory card, although I could be wrong.

Like DITCH said not long ago it would be nice to get a group of OUR people together so we don't have to deal with try hards and people complaining about what gun you use.
I'm working on that. A few weeks and I should be good to go. Can't wait to get merk'ed. Won't even care that I suck, just looking forward to playing. Like I said in the past I was a Pub Star, never got into the eSports side of the game, so I know I'm not great. I was always the 8-8 guy. And that's just fine...

Actually thats NOT, "just fine".

I played on Gamebattles. Only the best played on Gamebattles.

I will not play with anyone who doesnt have the finger speed to play at my level.

(10-13-2020, 01:22 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 01:10 PM)dizee Wrote: I still play with inverted y btw lol
I just ran through the beginning of the fist mission where you meet up with Mallard and used normal Y axis. I'll be using that now since it's what I've used for a while now. Obviously not going to say I'll be better now than I was back in the day, but it was ok. The thing that got me was using triangle to change stance and R1 to fire. the R1 was an instant adaption, but I kept hitting circle to go prone. I'll definitely be playing a lot of single player for a bit just to get back into it.

Not gonna lie, after 15 years kinda got some chills hearing the intro music hit. I was really cool to hear again. I also have component cables, so I played in prog scan. Graphics were more than tolerable.

Just ordered a new ps2 controller (3rd Party), 64MB McBoot with v1.996 and a 128MB card. Should all be here by Saturday.

You might have a tough time with a 3rd party PS2 controller, most of not all of them don't have pressure sensitivity so you're crouch/prone/grenade throwing will be all jacked up.

(10-13-2020, 04:21 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 01:22 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: I just ran through the beginning of the fist mission where you meet up with Mallard and used normal Y axis. I'll be using that now since it's what I've used for a while now. Obviously not going to say I'll be better now than I was back in the day, but it was ok. The thing that got me was using triangle to change stance and R1 to fire. the R1 was an instant adaption, but I kept hitting circle to go prone. I'll definitely be playing a lot of single player for a bit just to get back into it.

You might have a tough time with a 3rd party PS2 controller, most of not all of them don't have pressure sensitivity so you're crouch/prone/grenade throwing will be all jacked up.
Hmm...looks like I should have gone to ebay for an OEM. well, I'll give this a go playing single player, and if I dont like it, off to Kohl's to return it to Amazon and back to ebay for an OEM. The one I have acts very strange for some reason. Looks like I can get a brand new one for around 28 bucks. Thanks for the heads up.

(10-14-2020, 08:21 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 04:21 PM)eVo7 Wrote: You might have a tough time with a 3rd party PS2 controller, most of not all of them don't have pressure sensitivity so you're crouch/prone/grenade throwing will be all jacked up.
Hmm...looks like I should have gone to ebay for an OEM. well, I'll give this a go playing single player, and if I dont like it, off to Kohl's to return it to Amazon and back to ebay for an OEM. The one I have acts very strange for some reason. Looks like I can get a brand new one for around 28 bucks. Thanks for the heads up.

Gotta be careful about trying to buy genuine PS2 controllers. Some fakes are so good that would barely be able to tell the difference from ebay/amazon pictures.

Anyway, K3rb and 1up updated the website to see who is, what briefing room and what games and their details are up, pretty useful:

www.socomcommunity.com

NIce. I was worried about that too (the bootleg controller), so I did not buy new. I went ahead and bought a refurbished one off of ebay. I'll be headed to Kohl's for an amazon return of the 3rd party stick.