Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilded.gg

The other day, I did a huge post asking if anyone was familiar with the Guilded app, or interested...and the site did a backflip right when I submitted it. 

So, short version: I beta tested Guilded a tiny bit last year, just enough to follow along on updates. It has the potential to trounce Discord, with the only exceptions - from my perspective - being (a) there's not a huge preinstalled fan based, (b) the mobile app is a little clunkier than it should be, and © there's no streaming overlay, yet. 

The mobile app actually got an overhaul, recently, and is better. But still not as smooth as Discord. 

The tiered/nested voice chat servers are a no-brainer. Being able to broadcast to sub-rooms, set priority speakers, etc., would be great for spectating.

And in September, they are adding native support for custom tournaments. 

Just to play around and see an example, I made a SaveSOCOM server and a couple of sub-groups with voice channels, chat, calendar, and forum. I have all of the channels set to "public" so you can browse around: 

https://www.guilded.gg/Save-SOCOM 

Does this look like something that would benefit SOCOM players? Especially considering what 1UP and K3rber0s are working on?

(08-20-2020, 12:07 AM)hitman Wrote: The other day, I did a huge post asking if anyone was familiar with the Guilded app, or interested...and the site did a backflip right when I submitted it. 

So, short version: I beta tested Guilded a tiny bit last year, just enough to follow along on updates. It has the potential to trounce Discord, with the only exceptions - from my perspective - being (a) there's not a huge preinstalled fan based, (b) the mobile app is a little clunkier than it should be, and © there's no streaming overlay, yet. 

The mobile app actually got an overhaul, recently, and is better. But still not as smooth as Discord. 

The tiered/nested voice chat servers are a no-brainer. Being able to broadcast to sub-rooms, set priority speakers, etc., would be great for spectating.

Just to play around and see an example, I made a SaveSOCOM server and a couple of sub-groups with voice channels, chat, calendar, and forum. I have all of the channels set to "public" so you can browse around: 

Does this look like something that would benefit SOCOM players? Especially considering what 1UP and K3rber0s are working on?

I mean I think Discord has cemented itself for several reasons that I really don't feel like getting into.

Then again i was a Vent and TS person 15+ years ago and those have been superseded by discord so who knows.

(08-20-2020, 07:36 AM)eVo7 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 12:07 AM)hitman Wrote: The other day, I did a huge post asking if anyone was familiar with the Guilded app, or interested...and the site did a backflip right when I submitted it. 

I mean I think Discord has cemented itself for several reasons that I really don't feel like getting into.

Then again i was a Vent and TS person 15+ years ago and those have been superseded by discord so who knows.

Isnt Discord completely cucked and admitted they have bots or whatever that go around and suspend accounts because of "offensive" speech and shit like data mining users and keeping logs of private communications?

(08-20-2020, 07:36 AM)eVo7 Wrote:

These platforms are the perfect breeding grounds for modular development. If either one of them has the savvy to integrate with PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, it will be king.

(08-20-2020, 10:29 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Isnt Discord completely cucked and admitted they have bots or whatever that go around and suspend accounts because of "offensive" speech and shit like data mining users and keeping logs of private communications?

That's true of both, I'm sure. Nothing is truly secure.

(08-20-2020, 02:49 PM)hitman Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 07:36 AM)eVo7 Wrote: I mean I think Discord has cemented itself for several reasons that I really don't feel like getting into.

These platforms are the perfect breeding grounds for modular development. If either one of them has the savvy to integrate with PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, it will be king.

(08-20-2020, 10:29 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Isnt Discord completely cucked and admitted they have bots or whatever that go around and suspend accounts because of "offensive" speech and shit like data mining users and keeping logs of private communications?

Yes of course. But I thought Discord had recently made an announcement that they were going to be doing more to combat the scourge of "White Supremacist" rhetoric on their platform.

White Supremacist of course meaning anyone who doesnt think its ok for 7 year old kids to say "I wanna be a girl!" and get their dick chopped off or thinks allowing 20 million illegal immigrants to vote is a bad idea.

(08-20-2020, 02:49 PM)hitman Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 07:36 AM)eVo7 Wrote: I mean I think Discord has cemented itself for several reasons that I really don't feel like getting into.

Discord already has partial integration with Xbox.