Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM 1 Private Server

(11-07-2020, 12:35 PM)SOCOMDITCH Wrote: Was fun
Would be  Nice if any of the other
so called socomers in here ever decided to get on ?
You do realize that access was never given out to play SOCOM 1 here, right? And I cannot get more than a cagey response at best if SVDL is being used for SOCOM 2 when you guys are playing that. If not, then access hasn't been provided for that server either and its also a bit concerning when "PW protected rooms" are being mentioned in these new environments already.

(11-09-2020, 09:00 AM)SkiMask Wrote:
You do realize that access was never given out to play SOCOM 1 here, right? And I cannot get more than a cagey response at best if SVDL is being used for SOCOM 2 when you guys are playing that. If not, then access hasn't been provided for that server either and its also a bit concerning when "PW protected rooms" are being mentioned in these new environments already.
Agreed with Ski on S1. I'm looking into getting the game again, but we definitely do not know how to access it (what config changes are needed). I'm in standby mode until I see details. I know it's a WIP so I'm not demanding anything from 1UP like a child, but there's no point in buying S1 unless we know how to play.

Ski, SVDL is not being used for S2, nor is XLINK to my knowledge. Evo has made that clear to me, unless he is trying to push us all to 1UPs server, which either way is just fine one way or the other. The McBoot card does nothing but allow you to DL Harry and 1UP's patch and grant you access to the server, and from there it is fair game. I didn't get a chance to play Friday, but when I did the Friday before, there was enough people on 1UPs server to play 2 full rooms and also Ditch's respawn warm up, which had more than enough people. It just ended up locking and Ditch couldn't jump from Ruins to another map. There was no elitist McBoot snobbery. All it is is a key to the castle. Everyone in that server is playing on r0006. It was a great time bro. And as Ditch and evo said, insanely easy to setup. Even Mack could do it (even though I was the one asking all the rookie questions) Big Grin

I'm assuming here, but the PW rooms are so we here can have our own fun with the guys here that use m79s and BS if we want without having to worry about the finger speed elites voting out due to rules that are 15 years old. Evo had an M60 rockin and someone else had the M3 auto shotty in Ditch's room. No one complained, and as previously mentioned, it was a fun time.

(11-09-2020, 11:34 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:00 AM)SkiMask Wrote: You do realize that access was never given out to play SOCOM 1 here, right? And I cannot get more than a cagey response at best if SVDL is being used for SOCOM 2 when you guys are playing that. If not, then access hasn't been provided for that server either and its also a bit concerning when "PW protected rooms" are being mentioned in these new environments already.
Agreed with Ski on S1. I'm looking into getting the game again, but we definitely do not know how to access it (what config changes are needed). I'm in standby mode until I see details. I know it's a WIP so I'm not demanding anything from 1UP like a child, but there's no point in buying S1 unless we know how to play.

Ski, SVDL is not being used for S2, nor is XLINK to my knowledge. Evo has made that clear to me, unless he is trying to push us all to 1UPs server, which either way is just fine one way or the other. The McBoot card does nothing but allow you to DL Harry and 1UP's patch and grant you access to the server, and from there it is fair game. I didn't get a chance to play Friday, but when I did the Friday before, there was enough people on 1UPs server to play 2 full rooms and also Ditch's respawn warm up, which had more than enough people. It just ended up locking and Ditch couldn't jump from Ruins to another map. There was no elitist McBoot snobbery. All it is is a key to the castle. Everyone in that server is playing on r0006. It was a great time bro. And as Ditch and evo said, insanely easy to setup. Even Mack could do it (even though I was the one asking all the rookie questions) Big Grin

I'm assuming here, but the PW rooms are so we here can have our own fun with the guys here that use m79s and BS if we want without having to worry about the finger speed elites voting out due to rules that are 15 years old. Evo had an M60 rockin and someone else had the M3 auto shotty in Ditch's room. No one complained, and as previously mentioned, it was a fun time.

Id love a stream to watch one of these nights even if im not playing and join in the chat on discord. It would certainly be a welcome break from the world right now. Your guys fun=my fun.

Plus if my phone and Geo-location are linked to a discord stream for a few hours it would provide a nice window for me to do other "stuff" of a subversive nature while having the alibi of watching a Socom stream, allegedly.

Just kidding FBI.

(11-09-2020, 09:00 AM)SkiMask Wrote:
Hey, stop making decent points. No one uses SVDL to play socom 2 anymore. That basically died the week we made the server public even though at the time the server was a mess.

I completely forgot to post that info when I posted the videos here. I have everything on the Socom community discord because originally I didn't want to have to post everything in 90 different places and since that's where the bulk of the player base is that's where I posted it. It's just easier that way.

As for guides, I haven't updated any of them and there are some changes with pcsx2 because the network plugin is out of date. (It really only seems to be an issue for socom 2 anyways).

(11-09-2020, 01:33 PM)1UP Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 09:00 AM)SkiMask Wrote: You do realize that access was never given out to play SOCOM 1 here, right? And I cannot get more than a cagey response at best if SVDL is being used for SOCOM 2 when you guys are playing that. If not, then access hasn't been provided for that server either and its also a bit concerning when "PW protected rooms" are being mentioned in these new environments already.
Hey, stop making decent points.

I completely forgot to post that info when I posted the videos here. I have everything on the Socom community discord because originally I didn't want to have to post everything in 90 different places and since that's where the bulk of the player base is that's where I posted it. It's just easier that way.

As for guides, I haven't updated any of them and there are some changes with pcsx2 because the network plugin is out of date. (It really only seems to be an issue for socom 2 anyways).
Thanks buddy! nice and easy to follow along with.

(11-09-2020, 02:18 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 01:33 PM)1UP Wrote: Hey, stop making decent points.

Thanks buddy! nice and easy to follow along with.
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

(11-09-2020, 02:43 PM)1UP Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 02:18 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Thanks buddy! nice and easy to follow along with.

Jung was made without sarcasm software. If he says it, he means it.....lol.

(11-09-2020, 02:43 PM)1UP Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 02:18 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Thanks buddy! nice and easy to follow along with.
No I was being legit here bro. I don't spend a lot of time on Discord. In fact, I'd really only go there now to use the voice chat if I were online. I got tired of all the notifications and needing to play catch up to get current with a conversation, so I don't bother. Turned off my notifications and everything. So I thank you for guiding us there and explaining in a very layman way how to get that set up. Super easy.

I am chock full of sarcasm...just sometimes it doesn't translate well to typed/written word. In this case, no sarcasm at all.

lol ??

Thought y’all knew how to get on s1,
nothing is needed
I even made a very brief video

on YouTube to help people like Boz
Who are more computer illiterate than myself
And he got on within minutes

(11-10-2020, 12:22 PM)SOCOMDITCH Wrote: lol ??

Thought y’all knew how to get on s1,
nothing is needed
I even made a very brief video

on YouTube to help people like Boz
Who are more computer illiterate than myself
And he got on within minutes

I did not know how only because I do not go on Discord as mentioned, nor do I go on youtube looking for SOCOM stuff. I will now though. I'll sub to ya.
I look up a lot of BBQ vids because I am thinking of making my own, as well as starting a popup business, so I'm looking for how to's, etc.. Still in the early discovery stage, but I am thinking about it. I have people all over my subdivision and my family members begging me for BBQ, and it is something that I love to do more than just a passing fancy, so I am giving it some serious thought.

Might be looking to do pop ups and comps once things mellow out a tad and I get some ducks in a row on my end. I love to cook, I love to cook for others, I love BBQ, and I am tired of sitting behind a computer all the time. That one of the main reasons I go on a digital hiatus on weekends.