Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCSX2 PC Emulator setup

If you need help, please look at and follow 1UP's guide first.

https://1upsdevelopment.com/pcsx2-socom-2-xlink/

Damn, that's going to be a lot of work.

Guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

Its not too bad. The hardest part for me was getting my Dualshock 3 to work with it, but on Windows 10 even that was trivial. But if you use a Dualshock 4, its much much easier to setup on windows 10.

Also sometimes some of the maps (Xroads was the main culprit) would sometimes have slowdown and FPS drops in Hardware mode of the emulator. To fix it, simply hit F9 to enter software mode. It will downgrade the graphics to basically PS2 quality but makes it smoother to play until a new map rolls and then you can switch back.

(01-15-2019, 11:33 AM)dizee Wrote: Its not too bad. The hardest part for me was getting my Dualshock 3 to work with it, but on Windows 10 even that was trivial. But if you use a Dualshock 4, its much much easier to setup on windows 10.

Also sometimes some of the maps (Xroads was the main culprit) would sometimes have slowdown and FPS drops in Hardware mode of the emulator. To fix it, simply hit F9 to enter software mode. It will downgrade the graphics to basically PS2 quality but makes it smoother to play until a new map rolls and then you can switch back.

Alright, thanks. I have an xbox controller on hand -- that should be fine right? Hell, maybe I'll set up my Steam Controller for some Gyro action...

(01-15-2019, 12:21 PM)hodag Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 11:33 AM)dizee Wrote: Its not too bad. The hardest part for me was getting my Dualshock 3 to work with it, but on Windows 10 even that was trivial. But if you use a Dualshock 4, its much much easier to setup on windows 10.

Alright, thanks. I have an xbox controller on hand -- that should be fine right? Hell, maybe I'll set up my Steam Controller for some Gyro action...

Should work yeah.

1UP updated his guide to a newer version of PCSX2 (1.5)

Evo and I used it last night and we saw drastic performance increases so I highly recommend everyone make the switch to the new version of the emulator if you have not yet.

One issue though, on Enowapi it was impossible to play on hardware mode due to severe screen whiteness. No other map had this issue and in software mode it was not a issue at all.