Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool Vids of Random Whatever

What a beautiful day Buch! You're editing skills and footage is getting better every time I tune in. Watched all nine minutes of this one and was rewarded handsomely with that little sneak peek at the end. 

Even caught a glimpse of that new bike of yours too...stopped up to one the ski resorts last week for the alpine slides and saw folks cruising down the hill. You do one them or try Tahoe with yours yet? I have to imagine they roll the same out your way too. 

Looks like a blast and hooking a bike up to the gondolas and chair chair lifts seems like a no brainer for some good ol clean fun.

(08-29-2019, 07:37 AM)SkiMask Wrote:
What a beautiful day Buch! You're editing skills and footage is getting better every time I tune in. Watched all nine minutes of this one and was rewarded handsomely with that little sneak peek at the end. 

Even caught a glimpse of that new bike of yours too...stopped up to one the ski resorts last week for the alpine slides and saw folks cruising down the hill. You do one them or try Tahoe with yours yet? I have to imagine they roll the same out your way too. 

Looks like a blast and hooking a bike up to the gondolas and chair chair lifts seems like a no brainer for some good ol clean fun.
Did you see the the cutthroat trout I got in the other vid? I didn't film it all cause I was so stoked about hooking those. I had to constantly change bait for them too they'd be interested in something for like 5 mins then be naw fuck this isn't what we want. 

I've ridden the bike at Tahoe. I actually bought it while I was up there. Took a nasty spill on my old bike that just wouldn't of happened on the newer bikes with more travel and better geometry. That was sort of the motivation to get a bike then because I was getting to the point where I was pushing the old bike to ride things it wasn't really intended to and it was holding me back. And getting hurt. 

I've not ridden the bike parks yet at any of the resorts that do so. I either need to adjust my suspension better for that or just get better at some jumps first. I tried one of the jump lines on the new bike up at Tahoe and I felt like I wanted the suspension to be more poppy for jumps. So I probably need to take the shocks apart and put some volume spacers in them. I think anyways. 

Been hot here the last 2 weeks so only getting in a few rides and early before it heats up. 

Dove opens up on Sunday so hopefully I'll be dropping birds again starting again. A friend I know was going to go to Yuma AZ for the opener but only for the first day. I would of gone if they were going to be out there for more then one day but I didn't want to go that far and have to get a license for another state, etc. Went out yesterday at lunch and looks like I might of found sort of an unconventional spot that is only 30 mins away. Place had over a hundred dove in this one area in the middle of the day. So keeping my fingers crossed they still go there in a few days.

(08-29-2019, 02:10 PM)Buchanans Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 07:37 AM)SkiMask Wrote: What a beautiful day Buch! You're editing skills and footage is getting better every time I tune in. Watched all nine minutes of this one and was rewarded handsomely with that little sneak peek at the end. 

Did you see the the cutthroat trout I got in the other vid? I didn't film it all cause I was so stoked about hooking those. I had to constantly change bait for them too they'd be interested in something for like 5 mins then be naw fuck this isn't what we want. 

I've ridden the bike at Tahoe. I actually bought it while I was up there. Took a nasty spill on my old bike that just wouldn't of happened on the newer bikes with more travel and better geometry. That was sort of the motivation to get a bike then because I was getting to the point where I was pushing the old bike to ride things it wasn't really intended to and it was holding me back. And getting hurt. 

I've not ridden the bike parks yet at any of the resorts that do so. I either need to adjust my suspension better for that or just get better at some jumps first. I tried one of the jump lines on the new bike up at Tahoe and I felt like I wanted the suspension to be more poppy for jumps. So I probably need to take the shocks apart and put some volume spacers in them. I think anyways. 

Been hot here the last 2 weeks so only getting in a few rides and early before it heats up. 

Dove opens up on Sunday so hopefully I'll be dropping birds again starting again. A friend I know was going to go to Yuma AZ for the opener but only for the first day. I would of gone if they were going to be out there for more then one day but I didn't want to go that far and have to get a license for another state, etc. Went out yesterday at lunch and looks like I might of found sort of an unconventional spot that is only 30 mins away. Place had over a hundred dove in this one area in the middle of the day. So keeping my fingers crossed they still go there in a few days.
I hadn't seen the cutthroat trout vid yet, but will tune in for sure.

Regardless, it looked like you had a lot of fun. I sorta lol'd when you were mentioning to "hook it" when describing what to do when the fish take your bait. Looks like it didn't really matter though as the limits were had and everybody had a good time. 

Can't wait to see the new season hunts and look forward to your shoots and discovery vids and just the crunchy terrain sounds etc. Again, you're in your element and its always evident despite you getting thumbs down on some of your stuff. Every now and again I wonder what retard hits the thumbs down like that, but we've been over this and apparently your shit doesn't go over well with the enviros or whomever, but I say fuck 'em keep doing the shit and honing it in.

I always enjoy them and know how much time goes into prep, camera work, editing, being in the here and now and being ever present to come off authentic. Shit ain't easy and it always seems like when I'm out, there is always something fucking with my camera gear, setup, splicing cuts etc. You've smoothed out a lot of that already so now its just about going out and recording your b-roll and having fun. Keep it up!

(08-29-2019, 02:10 PM)Buchanans Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 07:37 AM)SkiMask Wrote:

Leave it to Buch to find the only 20 foot pond in the middle of the desert that California decided to stock with 5,000 trout.

If SHTF Im coming out to find you Buch. Guy goes out shooting quail and comes back with 20 at a time, finds fish goldmines, hes probly got a spot where 50 deer a day graze 20 feet off the side of the road too.

Hes definitely gonna be eating well after The Happening happens.

(08-30-2019, 08:08 PM)Buchanans Wrote:

Whats that last bolt action rifle hes using?

(08-31-2019, 11:49 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Whats that last bolt action rifle hes using?
Mosin Nagant. Probably an M91/30.

(08-31-2019, 09:35 PM)Buchanans Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 11:49 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Whats that last bolt action rifle hes using?
Mosin Nagant. Probably an M91/30.

Thought it was a Nugget but since the bolt worked and it didnt jam or explode in face I wasnt sure.