Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What are you watching?

(01-28-2020, 10:38 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 12:37 AM)hitman Wrote: It's solid fun. Lots of satisfyingly "Star Wars" moments, especially if you ever read any of the Boba Fett books, or bounty hunter short stories.
This thing along with that scumbag Karate Kid series on Youtube are two things Ill probably never consume because Ill have to sign up and cancel a service just to see it and I ain't ever been that desperate to take in pop culture that I would go through that kind of trouble. There isn't enough content even with that brand to make it worth it and YT's paid functionality improvements should be put into practice instead of being dangled like a rotten carrot.
(01-27-2020, 08:27 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Same. I tried...I really did try. I like Ryan Reynolds, so I was hoping this would be good. After the car chase, which was great BTW, it just lost me.

I have been watching Mad Dogs on Amazon. It's pretty damn funny...
Felt the same actually until I got past all the character intro. Final scenes and the special effects with the ordinance was some of the most satisfying for me personally in quite some time (new shit mind you, but great use of the M67 all the same).

Really enjoyed Mad Dogs and wished there were more. Agree w/Mack about the Irishmen and thoroughly enjoyed it over a long afternoon and spent like 6 hours sipping on it thoughtfully like a fine wine; close to as good a film as we're ever going to get.

Putlocker, Showbox, Kat.tv all stream Cobra Kai for free. And it actually is a really good show. Johnny is fucking awesome. That dude is so good he should get an Emmy nom.

Any thoughts on the Oscars from anyone?

Is Joaquin Pheonix the weakest performance from a winner in the past 25 years?

Was his speech the most faggoty bunch of faggotry in winners speech history?

Should he be dragged in the street and shot in the head?

Thoughts?

Casey Affleck...

(02-13-2020, 11:39 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Casey Affleck...

Casey Afflecks performance in Manchester by the Sea had more range and emotion in the scene where he fixed a toilet than Joker had in the entire movie.

Literally just lose 40 lbs and giggle a lot then do a stupid dance at the end.

I have more respect for guys who play retards or homos in a desperate attempt to win the award.

Looking back over the winners for the past 30 years and other than Adrien Brody in 2002, Roberto Begnini in 1998, and DiCaprio in 2016 I cant think of any performances less worthy of a nomination let alone a win.

(02-13-2020, 01:58 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 11:39 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Casey Affleck...

Casey Afflecks performance in Manchester by the Sea had more range and emotion in the scene where he fixed a toilet than Joker had in the entire movie.

Totally agree saw that turd in CO with a group of 13 and everyone loved that trash. I was miffed someone didn't pick something better to go see and thought everyone liked it to be cool.

Jung new eps of Altered Carbon on Thurs; thought of you.

(02-25-2020, 11:09 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 01:58 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Casey Afflecks performance in Manchester by the Sea had more range and emotion in the scene where he fixed a toilet than Joker had in the entire movie.

Totally agree saw that turd in CO with a group of 13 and everyone loved that trash. I was miffed someone didn't pick something better to go see and thought everyone liked it to be cool.

Jung new eps of Altered Carbon on Thurs; thought of you.
Already on my radar, brother...I've already burned through my 5th run with the 1st season.
Also started watching Farscape on Amazon. It's an old SYFY show that I missed out on. Not the greatest, but it's fun...

(01-19-2020, 11:42 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Just watched a great film called Hidden Gems starring Adam Sandler. Ironically, the film itself is a hidden gem. Sandler's performance is magnificent and the entire movies pace and beats are phenomenal. Sandler plays a degenerate gambler who is on the razors edge in NYC as a jewely dealer and as a degenerate gambler myself the roller coaster of emotions he goes through are spot on.

It also has cameos from Kevin Garnett and the greatest sports talk radio host of all time Mike Francesca who I have been a huge fan of for almost 30 years so that was really cool. Both were great in their roles.

I HIGHLY recommend this film. Solid 8.3725 out of 10 and Sandler could be argued worthy of an Oscar nomination. Its a performance right on the edge of brilliant.
45 minutes in and I'm gonna have a panic attack from this thing. Its one of many reasons I cannot gamble and barely ever do. Roller coaster of emotions is an understatement with this Ratman guy though for real.

Watched the first hour via ESPN 10/10

(05-19-2020, 08:39 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
Watched the first hour via ESPN 10/10

The entire series is phenomenal and the only thing of any significance ESPN has produced since the 90s other than 30 for 30. It only gets better. The flashbacks and flashfowards are perfectly timed and its the best produced sports documentary Ive ever seen.

Its also a fascinating insight into the mind of the greatest athlete (Next to Tom Brady) we have or will see in our lifetime.

The gift of Michael Jordan was just that. A gift. To watch him play. We will never see anyone even remotely approaching his level in our lifetime. The psychological insight alone is fascinating and motivating.