Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What are you watching?

(01-04-2021, 10:09 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: The English Chick you refer to is Dominique Tipper, who plays Naomi Nagata I am assuming. Holden's love interest. Personally I love the character, but 
I hope she fuckin dies, lol. Imagine my surprise after last episode. Shucks.

Started watching Goliath and am pretty happy with it after only a couple of episodes. They did a really good job on casting. Something about Billy Bob makes you wanna root for the man, whatever he's in. Plus, I love William Hurt. He was spectacular in Mr. Brooks. That was a great flick and I loved seeing Costner in a dark role.

(01-26-2021, 08:56 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 10:09 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: The English Chick you refer to is Dominique Tipper, who plays Naomi Nagata I am assuming. Holden's love interest. Personally I love the character, but 

Started watching Goliath and am pretty happy with it after only a couple of episodes. They did a really good job on casting. Something about Billy Bob makes you wanna root for the man, whatever he's in. Plus, I love William Hurt. He was spectacular in Mr. Brooks. That was a great flick and I loved seeing Costner in a dark role.
Mr. Brooks was great. Absolutely love that movie. William Hurt is severely underappreciated and is great in everything he has done. Even the small role he had in History of Violence was pretty powerful. My favorite with him has to be his first...Altered States, even though as mentioned, I can't really think of a movie I've seen with him in it where I have specifically disliked his performance.

(02-02-2021, 02:22 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 08:56 PM)SkiMask Wrote:

Mr. Brooks was great. Absolutely love that movie. William Hurt is severely underappreciated and is great in everything he has done. Even the small role he had in History of Violence was pretty powerful. My favorite with him has to be his first...Altered States, even though as mentioned, I can't really think of a movie I've seen with him in it where I have specifically disliked his performance.

Hurt instantly adds class and status to any production hes in. Hes not an over the top phenomenal transformative actor, but has a subtle brilliance to his performances. 

I also thoroughly enjoyed Mr Brooks as well despite Dane Cook playing a prominent role. Remember that faggot? From like 2006-2009 he was everywhere. Then he just fell off the planet. Thank God

(02-02-2021, 04:33 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 02:22 PM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: Mr. Brooks was great. Absolutely love that movie. William Hurt is severely underappreciated and is great in everything he has done. Even the small role he had in History of Violence was pretty powerful. My favorite with him has to be his first...Altered States, even though as mentioned, I can't really think of a movie I've seen with him in it where I have specifically disliked his performance.

Hurt instantly adds class and status to any production hes in. Hes not an over the top phenomenal transformative actor, but has a subtle brilliance to his performances. 

I also thoroughly enjoyed Mr Brooks as well despite Dane Cook playing a prominent role. Remember that faggot? From like 2006-2009 he was everywhere. Then he just fell off the planet. Thank God
He fell off the planet because he got flat out CAUGHT ripping off Louis CK's and other's material. Dane Cook was actually pretty good in that movie because it was serious. I'm not saying he's a good serious actor, I just mean that because he was in a role where he couldn't be his over the top idiotic self, he was good in that role. Anyone could have played the role, so don't take it like I want to see more of him in roles like that. I actually think he's been on some kind of redemption journey, where he took a step away, reinvented himself and is trying to come back. i wish him luck; the guy was actually pretty funny until he overextend himself and had to try too hard (while also ripping off others). His shtick got old fast.

I actually think William Hurt is a phenomenal actor, but it is because of his ability to blend in and not be a complete scene stealer. Example: Pacino is Pacino, he's gonna be Pacino in everything he does. Jack is gonna be Jack. Same with everyone else who is listed in a who's who of 'great actors' (I'm keeping it within the past 40 or so years, mind you), but William Hurt has this underlying presence that commands you pay attention to him without him having to force you to. That's what makes him so great; he has this elusive aura about him. And yeah...class; you nailed it there.

Absolutely brilliant in Altered States, and come on...Kiss of the Spider Woman? Sharing the screen with Raul Julia, another legend? He's money in everything he's involved in. Another one of his movies that I caught recently after not seeing in about 25 years is Gorky Park. Great flick if you haven't seen it.

Ok. I know weve gone back and forth on the science of the Expanse, but they have finally gone full retard.

Season 5 episode 7.

No spoiler alert because its been months.

You need to explain to me, in rational, factual analysis the Naomi "jump".

So I am expected to believe that this bitch, while wearing light gear and no helmet, entered an airlock, held her breath, and jumped 300+ meteres through space with her eyes open??

Then, halfway through the "jump" was able to inject some Superman juice into her leg?

Yea, no.

IMMEDIATELY upon entering space shes dead. Period. Its -200 Farenheit. Her eyes would have been frozen and crystalized within seconds and theres no way her muscles could move to inject the Superman juice halfway through the jump. Total cartoon level bullshit.

The Expanse is officially DROPPED unless you give me a reason she didnt die based on science and physics.

(03-30-2021, 03:05 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Ok. I know weve gone back and forth on the science of the Expanse, but they have finally gone full retard.

Season 5 episode 7.

So I am expected to believe that this bitch, while wearing light gear and no helmet, entered an airlock, held her breath, and jumped 300+ meteres through space with her eyes open??

Then, halfway through the "jump" was able to inject some Superman juice into her leg?

Yea, no.

IMMEDIATELY upon entering space shes dead. Period. Its -200 Farenheit. Her eyes would have been frozen and crystalized within seconds and theres no way her muscles could move to inject the Superman juice halfway through the jump. Total cartoon level bullshit.

The Expanse is officially DROPPED unless you give me a reason she didnt die based on science and physics.
If you were going to expose yourself to a vacuum wouldn't you NOT want to hold your breath. You'd want to exhale as much as you could which makes doing anything much much harder. But holding your breath in a vacuum would definitely fuck you up right there. And there's no fucking way you could do shit with your eyes open. If you exhaled as much as you could, held over your eyes, and pressed your ears closed with your thumbs you could probably survive the vacuum of space for a short time. I'm thinking 10 seconds or less. 

I haven't seen the show BTW.

(03-30-2021, 04:20 PM)Buchanans Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 03:05 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Ok. I know weve gone back and forth on the science of the Expanse, but they have finally gone full retard.

Season 5 episode 7.

Yea, no.

If you were going to expose yourself to a vacuum wouldn't you NOT want to hold your breath. You'd want to exhale as much as you could which makes doing anything much much harder. But holding your breath in a vacuum would definitely fuck you up right there. And there's no fucking way you could do shit with your eyes open. If you exhaled as much as you could, held over your eyes, and pressed your ears closed with your thumbs you could probably survive the vacuum of space for a short time. I'm thinking 10 seconds or less. 

Well imagine jumping into freezing water.

Then multiply that x100 plus the vacuum crushing your lungs via any access through your ears nose or eyes.

Its simply not possible. Period.

(03-30-2021, 11:24 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 04:20 PM)Buchanans Wrote: If you were going to expose yourself to a vacuum wouldn't you NOT want to hold your breath. You'd want to exhale as much as you could which makes doing anything much much harder. But holding your breath in a vacuum would definitely fuck you up right there. And there's no fucking way you could do shit with your eyes open. If you exhaled as much as you could, held over your eyes, and pressed your ears closed with your thumbs you could probably survive the vacuum of space for a short time. I'm thinking 10 seconds or less. 

Well imagine jumping into freezing water.

Then multiply that x100 plus the vacuum crushing your lungs via any access through your ears nose or eyes.

Its simply not possible. Period.
I don't think the cold would effect you that quickly with no gas or liquid molecules to come in contact with. Yeah it's cold out there but nothing cold would be touching you to rob your heat energy faster. It's why jumping into freezing water is worse then freezing air. 

And you'd expand in space not be crushed. If you did not push on your eyes they would surely get fucked. 

Regardless I agree that jumping though space with eyes open for 300m seems like total BS.

City on the Hill. Showtime.

Kevin Bacon as a crooked FBI agent (as if theres any other kind).

Phenomenal. Highly recommended.

Got a new little gem.

Loudermilk on Amazon.

Just binged 3 seasons. Its the dude from Office Space who plays a miserable alcoholic who chairs a recovery group and all the hilarity that ensues from each of their lives. He nails the part and plays the role of a misanthropic dick to perfection and its a great watch.