Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor: "SOCOM news soon"

Take with a large grain of salt.

Quote:SOCOM news soon.

It's not a new game announcement but it does have to do with a new title for the 20th anniversary.

Hey @1UP, any chance we can get Tweets to be embedded into a post?

Also, I call bullshit. The twitter poster is a weeb and likely Celerity himself or his long lost brother. Socom is dead no matter how much these fanboys try to stir up fake news.

The Socom Twitter BS rumor spreaders like this guy and other = CNN.

(01-27-2019, 01:13 AM)dizee Wrote: Hey @1UP, any chance we can get Tweets to be embedded into a post?

Also, I call bullshit. The twitter poster is a weeb and likely Celerity himself or his long lost brother. Socom is dead no matter how much these fanboys try to stir up fake news.

According to his twitter page he is a whopping 18 years old.

This child was still rocking huggies when Socom 1 hit the market....the needle on my BS detector just broke off after pegging out to max.

(01-27-2019, 01:35 AM)xCaZx Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 01:13 AM)dizee Wrote: Hey @1UP, any chance we can get Tweets to be embedded into a post?

This child was still rocking huggies when Socom 1 hit the market....the needle on my BS detector just broke off after pegging out to max.

He's a homo who pretends to have more clout than he does. 
But, from everything I've read, he has zero interest in SOCOM.
Which means he either has a legit lead, or he likes to troll SOCOMers. 

Since the only people I know who troll SOCOMers are other SOCOMers, I'mma follow along at a distance.

If you want to embed a twitter post do the following:

Code:
[tweet]link to tweet [/tweet]

(01-27-2019, 01:35 AM)xCaZx Wrote:

LOL so in other words, he is Celerity Jr.

The people who make up and say this bullshit seriously are pathetic. Seems like every 2 months we have some stupid ass "SOCOM IS BACK" rumor being started by some psycho within the socom community who is only looking for cheap retweets and likes.

What is the reason for never remastering Socom 2 on the PS4?

Can't find a developer? Sony? What gives

(02-27-2019, 08:30 AM)GubJr Wrote: What is the reason for never remastering Socom 2 on the PS4?

Cost. Simply recreating even the online portion of the game from scratch takes massive amounts of capital up front. Sony also owns the trademark and nobody can recreate the game without permission. It has also been said no physical assets from those days exists (servers, hit detection code, etc) to simply recreate the intricacies that made SOCOM unique. There was also a unique partnership in the US NAVY that some consider unattainable in this day and age. Also, Sony never created SOCOM, Zipper did. There is this idea nobody but Zipper can make a SOCOM but I don't agree. Slant Six made a better SOCOM in Confrontation than Zipper did chasing the dragon the last go around with SOCOM 4.

(02-27-2019, 07:48 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 08:30 AM)GubJr Wrote: What is the reason for never remastering Socom 2 on the PS4?

Cost. Simply recreating even the online portion of the game from scratch takes massive amounts of capital up front. Sony also owns the trademark and nobody can recreate the game without permission. It has also been said no physical assets from those days exists (servers, hit detection code, etc) to simply recreate the intricacies that made SOCOM unique. There was also a unique partnership in the US NAVY that some consider unattainable in this day and age. Also, Sony never created SOCOM, Zipper did. There is this idea nobody but Zipper can make a SOCOM but I don't agree. Slant Six made a better SOCOM in Confrontation than Zipper did chasing the dragon the last go around with SOCOM 4.

Interesting, through out the years I have always wondered why Sony never brought Socom back. I knew Zipper was the developer of the game but just couldn't wrap my head around why. Everything you said makes sense an I agree it would cost alot. Do you not think the demand is there for this? I think it would take off but thats just my opinion. Whats your thoughts on the chances that a Socom 2 remaster ever happens?

(02-28-2019, 08:19 AM)GubJr Wrote: Interesting, through out the years I have always wondered why Sony never brought Socom back. I knew Zipper was the developer of the game but just couldn't wrap my head around why.
Sony was smart to insulate themselves from disaster from an ever changing market by purchasing a third party studio to create and deliver its products. Games go over poorly, you close up shop and write it off as a loss for tax purposes. EA used to just buy out competition and squash IP as an anti competitiveness growth strategy. Sadly it works really well and we've lost some great studios and IP along their journey to world dominance. 

Sony no different than most these geriatric corporate game companies and there isn't much upside (pitch-wise) to investing multi millions on an IP that showed lack of sales year after year until its demise.

That said, I DO believe we will see a return in some form.