Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redline shuts down Task Force discord

(05-06-2019, 06:00 PM)hitman Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 05:00 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
just when you wanna get the crowd playing SOCOM again 

blah blah blah I don't even have words for this type of shit

Looks cool.

Redline's games always look solid. Nobody has ever said the guy is not extremely talented and he clearly has skill at his craft.

But I would not go anywhere near supporting that guy ever, too many red flags. I have never had a issue in my limited interactions with him years ago but too many others have and his past project closures speak for themselves.

(05-06-2019, 06:09 PM)dizee Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 06:00 PM)hitman Wrote: Looks cool.

Redline's games always look solid. Nobody has ever said the guy is not extremely talented and he clearly has skill at his craft.

But I would not go anywhere near supporting that guy ever, too many red flags. I have never had a issue in my limited interactions with him years ago but too many others have and his past project closures speak for themselves.

He does seem to have issues with following through.

(05-06-2019, 05:41 PM)MR. BLONDE Wrote: Starting Round 6 of 11. Is that how many projects have been shitcanned? Feels like it.
Least you can see what was said about it lol. Imagine reading that but having every other tweet or so be unavailable. I could sorta see that FakeFry was mentioning a mod of an unreleased game and figured Red just spun out on his own again but we'll never REALLY know despite having two and maybe three accounts here actively involved with that project. Hell, one of them hasn't even said hello or posted a single sentence and that kinda grates on me because why even bother?

Also, every single one NDA'd up before starting so they can never really talk out the proper side of their mouth when pressed so it's really kind of up for speculation at this point. 

Easy conclusion to draw is he melted down, removed access to Discord, regrouped, reposted under an old burner account and is back at capitalizing on SOCOM to shoehorn his pet project of asset flipping while bidding time till he can throw himself and kiss the feet of Sony when they eventually revisit a remake. You could tell by who posted and retweeted that what this was all about. I mean, you had the previous owner of Digital Fyre (ironically unironic with that documentary) the current owners of it and another rando account all pretending like they were kids in the candy store again. It was gross. You could see that one account changed gears quickly when you pressed about XB service and asked for sourcing.

Imagine being one the founding members of Shock Studios that was grifted out his share by SOF gypsies more personable than him? Imagine being THAT guy.

Would you expect him to go down without a fight? This thing going all twelve rounds and he losing by decision; the man done been paid to fuck off. This has always been about his ego and the last shit show was around the Project Confrontation days and TRS Community nights pulling views and Community support from a known hacker who back door'd their site and acted like a total lunatic when people gave him criticism he baited and asked for.
(05-06-2019, 06:00 PM)hitman Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 05:00 PM)SkiMask Wrote: blah blah blah I don't even have words for this type of shit
Looks cool.
You'd better hope store bought assets look good. Like Dizee mentioned, guy has talent at making maps and creating mods of existing IP, even his own, apparently. He probably has a half dozen accounts here already to troll for warm fuzzies. Also it looked vaguely like his Source maps converted so that isn't really saying much other than cool look at your SOCOM maps in a POC game that will never see the light of day. No thanks, I'm full and the whole fool me once thing comes to mind...PLUS its XB and PC if ever, so yeah, big fucking nah for me. Truth be told I wouldn't know who his other personas or real name is and he's hasn't gone by Redline in years so yeah, anybody cloaking that hard selling something, I ain't buying. Simple.
(05-06-2019, 06:01 PM)dizee Wrote: Oh god, get your popcorn ready gentlemen!!!
nah. maybe. who knows anymore

All I know is I think I saw a character model from Harry's passion project in that video so yeeeeeeeeah.

(05-06-2019, 05:41 PM)MR. BLONDE Wrote: Starting Round 6 of 11. Is that how many projects have been shitcanned? Feels like it.
I'm still somewhat perplexed at the conversation surrounding the reveal...it almost read like FakeCry got fucked in some way. Care to fill in the gaps? Was he defending the project or supporting it? 

Also, did they rename it (a mod now??) friggin TF Blue? Like a pokemon thing or something? I'd ask Yammer or Dirty but they're dead silent--here.

Nothing to see here, it was by design all along...Odd though nobody brought this up when this thread was created... /s

(05-08-2019, 12:06 AM)SkiMask Wrote:
I'm still somewhat perplexed at the conversation surrounding the reveal...it almost read like FakeCry got fucked in some way. Care to fill in the gaps? Was he defending the project or supporting it? 

Also, did they rename it (a mod now??) friggin TF Blue? Like a pokemon thing or something? I'd ask Yammer or Dirty but they're dead silent--here.

Nothing to see here, it was by design all along...Odd though nobody brought this up when this thread was created... /s

Having a discord never prevented anyone from participating in a chat though.

(05-08-2019, 05:49 AM)1UP Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 12:06 AM)SkiMask Wrote: Nothing to see here, it was by design all along...Odd though nobody brought this up when this thread was created... /s
Having a discord never prevented anyone from participating in a chat though.
Weird ain't it? You can't even make the dumb shit up. By the logic, those "less tech savvy individuals" cannot download free software (discord) but can install and run a video game? um...OK. 

When I see Task Force use store purchased assets from the same pack as another passion project making a game in their spare time, then some red flags are raised and I'm hesitant to treat it any different than H-Hour trying to fleece people with an unfinished product.

Task Force an asset POC flip in the spirit of SOF plain and simple.

How could you be modding a game that isn’t even available lol. I smell another funding campaign coming.

(05-08-2019, 08:35 PM)YammerHammer Wrote: How could you be modding a game that isn’t even available lol. I smell another funding campaign coming.

I wonder how many more suckers will be sucked into supporting this project and also how long until Bigfry makes a video about it

(05-08-2019, 09:12 PM)dizee Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 08:35 PM)YammerHammer Wrote: How could you be modding a game that isn’t even available lol. I smell another funding campaign coming.
I wonder how many more suckers will be sucked into supporting this project and also how long until Bigfry makes a video about it
Judging by your response, I imagine I got this right then? Are you off the team now officially since you got your map back? I don't begrudge you creating content for them and whatnot but it's a little disconcerning that little blurb and cruddy hype vid came from a rando burner account like that and not just from the dev's account. 

It comes off as deceptive and douchey to me.

(05-08-2019, 09:27 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 09:12 PM)dizee Wrote: I wonder how many more suckers will be sucked into supporting this project and also how long until Bigfry makes a video about it
Judging by your response, I imagine I got this right then? Are you off the team now officially since you got your map back? I don't begrudge you creating content for them and whatnot but it's a little disconcerning that little blurb and cruddy hype vid came from a rando burner account like that and not just from the dev's account. 

It comes off as deceptive and douchey to me.
I haven’t been with them for nearly a year and a half. I was 7-8 months removed when he tried to claim my map.