Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redline shuts down Task Force discord

(05-08-2019, 10:05 PM)YammerHammer Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 09:27 PM)SkiMask Wrote: Judging by your response, I imagine I got this right then? Are you off the team now officially since you got your map back? I don't begrudge you creating content for them and whatnot but it's a little disconcerning that little blurb and cruddy hype vid came from a rando burner account like that and not just from the dev's account. 

It comes off as deceptive and douchey to me.
I haven’t been with them for nearly a year and a half. I was 7-8 months removed when he tried to claim my map.
Gotcha. This whole thing sorta silly to me. I guess these past couple years gone by REAL quick for me. Hard to imagine it's been 7 years in the making since SOF left him for dead sending him down this path. Ya'd think we'd have at least ONE game by now...

The funny thing about Redline is I was in a few S2 clans with the guy and he never exhibited this kind of behavior when he was in our clans.

(05-09-2019, 01:55 AM)eVo7 Wrote: The funny thing about Redline is I was in a few S2 clans with the guy and he never exhibited this kind of behavior when he was in our clans.

Well we were all kids then too, things change.

(05-09-2019, 01:55 AM)eVo7 Wrote: The funny thing about Redline is I was in a few S2 clans with the guy and he never exhibited this kind of behavior when he was in our clans.

Most people change over time though, especially as they move from youth/teenage years into adulthood. I am certainly not the same person I was when I was 16 playing S2 as I am now.

I am not gonna speculate about him personally because I do not know the guy. All I know is that every project he has done related to SOCOM has ended up going horribly wrong for the people invested in it and that is enough for me to make a choice that I want nothing to do with any of his projects.

(05-09-2019, 10:59 AM)dizee Wrote:
Most people change over time though, especially as they move from youth/teenage years into adulthood. I am certainly not the same person I was when I was 16 playing S2 as I am now.

I am not gonna speculate about him personally because I do not know the guy. All I know is that every project he has done related to SOCOM has ended up going horribly wrong for the people invested in it and that is enough for me to make a choice that I want nothing to do with any of his projects.
I agree and as someone who regularly is dismissed with a ad hominem mental health attack because that's easier to do then engage, also am not saying anything personally about the guy. 

Our digital personas don't have to gel with who we are IRL. Hell, I regularly pick a female character in-game whenever possible. Sometimes I even say exactly the opposite of what I would think in a situation just to stretch that part of my brain. It doesn't always have to make sense to anyone else and nobody understands that more than me, but this deceptive approach has been his only approach. It kinda sucks and will always lead to failure IMO.

In his case personally, I'd rather him just be honest and as transparent as possible when dealing in business and selling a product. No need for theatrics or anything more than your true self out front and center. Hell, he has NEVER created a Redline account on three of the forums I have been banned from...

Anyone brave enough to talk on this? Or are the folks that promote this still scared to talk about it publicly to those here, lurkers and regular posters alike?

Just wondering as I still see people stream it, but nobody actually talks about it.

ODD.