Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
% Chance Socom returns

What is the chance this series ever returns? Whether it be on the PS4 or 5 when it comes out.

I would love to see Socom 2 remastered.

Look forward to seeing your guys thoughts

100% chance it returns in some form.

Whether that's just more fan-made drivel, or another Sony flop, or a proper successor...is the semi-annual question.

100%

Chance that sony fucks up the formula and tries to make it COD once again: 100%.

Would you guys rather see a Socom 2 Remastered? Any Socom remastered? Or a brand new Socom?

(02-27-2019, 03:14 PM)dizee Wrote: 100%

Chance that sony fucks up the formula and tries to make it COD once again: 100%.

This is the main problem in my book. I honestly feel like Sony might consider reviving it for the PS5 but I would almost bank on Sony attempting to shoe horn some "new" technology into the game.

(02-27-2019, 03:50 PM)GubJr Wrote: Would you guys rather see a Socom 2 Remastered? Any Socom remastered? Or a brand new Socom?

I am a little torn on this because I think a Socom 2 remake with the S2 maps would be a lot of fun and would have the potential to bring in a wider audience.

That said, a new Socom title that stuck to the true roots of the franchise and mixed some of the best maps from each game would also be a lot of fun, IMO.

At this point I would be happy to see any Socom news.

(02-27-2019, 03:50 PM)GubJr Wrote: Would you guys rather see a Socom 2 Remastered? Any Socom remastered? Or a brand new Socom?
Never been shy about this but I have a raging hard-on for it all to be reintroduced anew and might be the sole scumbag salesman in the room, but am still of the mind you can reap and shear SO many new sheep even sticking to previous iterations being graphically enhanced and drip feed to the herds over a defined, budgeted, multi-year dev cycle could put Sony in a Activision like profitability scenario with one IP bringing in a billion to support other various projects company wide. Tons of upside...unfortunately SONY has other plans and time will tell.

I would even go as far to say you wound't even need much of a marketing budget (traditional multi million campaign) and could just roll out a PS5 bundle and watch it presell itself. Any game that sells the next system will sell well so there is that. Sony could force people to love SOCOM again with minimal effort.

If I didn’t pay off my student loans this year March to June, I’d have the money for the hardware needed to put the build up for us to play, problem is, My “Special Build” I call the “Mesh Machine” for my photogrammetry studio would be P.C. based first for us to test on, because even though PS5 is gonna have some decent ray tracing capabilities, Its still too weak for what’s needed. 

You give me 2x Titan RTXs or the next-gen Nvidia Cards “ampere” would actually be smarter but both are needed, any Intel or AMD CPU with 16 or more cores, 64GB of DDR4, x299 designare from Gigabyte, 1200 watt EVGA Super Nova Power supply, 80 platinum rating, got to liquid cool this to run photogrammetry software like reality-capture and Agisoft.  Liquid cool it with proper radiators and reservoir able to handle the longevity needed for a dev cycle of this intensity with nickle plated copper tubing.  Yeah.... give me a Canon 5DSR and I could put quixels megascans out of business get that demo you guys need in less than six months to you all & SCEA, and we’d be rolling.  The hard part is building your team that will actually all leave their current studios for, but that only happens when the budget is acquired from SCEA.

Spent 33K paying off my loans, and barely survived it as a cancer patient.
We can crowdfund our game guys, it’s not hard, I’m just tired of waiting for the tech to catch up, you guys get me this build, or help, (it’s gnarly expensive) and we’ve got that “Deadpool” type LEAK that will start such an eruption among fans and within the market for shooters, my god how sweet it would be, things would happen so damn quick.  I feel like I should either spend my last days making this real because I sacrificed so much to learn what I have along this battle with cancer, I just can’t let myself pass away without achieving this and seeing this through finally, I’ve spent too much of myself on it.

We all really should consider this, Im personally open to what you all would want from me before such an effort could begin to be organized, because as hopeless as this year has seemed guys, we’re right on the cusp of actually making this thing happen if that machine is in my possession, people ask all the time and rightfully so, “we’re is it?”  Some under NDA have seen it. 

I get that build.... you guys get more than you got from H-hour by miles just by and from the demo being online.  We release it, and dictate our own terms, because I could easily rename this game and release it if Sony tried to do anything to prevent it from surfacing before a deal can be made.  The amount of damage I could do with my Mesh Machine, my god.

(02-27-2019, 07:36 PM)xCaZx Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 03:14 PM)dizee Wrote: 100%

This is the main problem in my book. I honestly feel like Sony might consider reviving it for the PS5 but I would almost bank on Sony attempting to shoe horn some "new" technology into the game.

I am a little torn on this because I think a Socom 2 remake with the S2 maps would be a lot of fun and would have the potential to bring in a wider audience.

That said, a new Socom title that stuck to the true roots of the franchise and mixed some of the best maps from each game would also be a lot of fun IMO

That’s always been my plan, every single SOCOM game besides 4 will have maps if not all from each game but yes only the very best is what I’ve wanted to do and still aim to do from the very beginning.

(12-22-2019, 12:18 AM)Stealth Wrote: If I didn’t pay off my student loans this year March to June, I’d have the money for the hardware needed to put the build up for us to play, problem is, My “Special Build” I call the “Mesh Machine” for my photogrammetry studio would be P.C. based first for us to test on, because even though PS5 is gonna have some decent ray tracing capabilities, Its still too weak for what’s needed. 

You give me 2x Titan RTXs or the next-gen Nvidia Cards “ampere” would actually be smarter but both are needed, any Intel or AMD CPU with 16 or more cores, 64GB of DDR4, x299 designare from Gigabyte, 1200 watt EVGA Super Nova Power supply, 80 platinum rating, got to liquid cool this to run photogrammetry software like reality-capture and Agisoft.  Liquid cool it with proper radiators and reservoir able to handle the longevity needed for a dev cycle of this intensity with nickle plated copper tubing.  Yeah.... give me a Canon 5DSR and I could put quixels megascans out of business get that demo you guys need in less than six months to you all & SCEA, and we’d be rolling.  The hard part is building your team that will actually all leave their current studios for, but that only happens when the budget is acquired from SCEA.

Spent 33K paying off my loans, and barely survived it as a cancer patient.
We can crowdfund our game guys, it’s not hard, I’m just tired of waiting for the tech to catch up, you guys get me this build, or help, (it’s gnarly expensive) and we’ve got that “Deadpool” type LEAK that will start such an eruption among fans and within the market for shooters, my god how sweet it would be, things would happen so damn quick.  I feel like I should either spend my last days making this real because I sacrificed so much to learn what I have along this battle with cancer, I just can’t let myself pass away without achieving this and seeing this through finally, I’ve spent too much of myself on it.

We all really should consider this, Im personally open to what you all would want from me before such an effort could begin to be organized, because as hopeless as this year has seemed guys, we’re right on the cusp of actually making this thing happen if that machine is in my possession, people ask all the time and rightfully so, “we’re is it?”  Some under NDA have seen it. 

I get that build.... you guys get more than you got from H-hour by miles just by and from the demo being online.  We release it, and dictate our own terms, because I could easily rename this game and release it if Sony tried to do anything to prevent it from surfacing before a deal can be made.  The amount of damage I could do with my Mesh Machine, my god.

(02-27-2019, 07:36 PM)xCaZx Wrote: This is the main problem in my book. I honestly feel like Sony might consider reviving it for the PS5 but I would almost bank on Sony attempting to shoe horn some "new" technology into the game.

That said, a new Socom title that stuck to the true roots of the franchise and mixed some of the best maps from each game would also be a lot of fun IMO

That’s always been my plan, every single SOCOM game besides 4 will have maps if not all from each game but yes only the very best is what I’ve wanted to do and still aim to do from the very beginning.

Jesus Christ...........

Only way it works if it's a straight port, where the game is just a classic that re-releases on the PS Store. That being said, that's the most successful pathway to putting socom in the limelight again, I mean really, everyone even the haters and the ones not here all know, this game without cheaters, still can't be rivaled to this day, and these bums are taking 100K a year home to do next to nothing in the 3d art space in these studios. So it would have to be an EXACT port over like the other classics, no changes whatsoever, get the servers populated again, prove what we say and I'm saying now, and in time there will be enough attention and eyes on the idea of a new socom because of this effort, this has been my approach all along. You need socom 2 to remind fans and newcomers what socom is before an actual new one is announced to pick up where s2 left of.

It's just a matter of math.

SOCOM used the Kinetica engine.
Update rendering, compression, etc...
Make movement and aim speed relative to the DS5 analog sticks' MOA range...
Allow players to set up dedicated servers...
Profit.

It doesn't need to be the same game. Just the same experience.