[Image: ZCODDW3.png]

[Image: eGq1j7b.png]

[Image: is7Oe9b.png]

Current features
  • Stat tracking
  • Ranks
  • Leaderboards
  • Clans and Clan tags
This will require the use of harry62's patch .
This also only works with the emulator.

Version 1.0.0.6

Added the ability to add your discord ID to your account so you can display your stats in discord.

Version 1.0.0.7

Now shows what room you are in on your profile and in the SO:Com user list.
Download

Special thanks to Harry62 for creating the interface and providing answers to a lot of the questions I had regarding the game.

Wow.

So, cross-functionality was built right into PCSX2? That's some good forward thinking.

I should buy a new PC.

I still think you and Dominator should combine projects and make it an all in one. SVDL LAN tunnel with that interface would attract a lot of players plus being able to know who has pcsx2 or ps2 may be a big help over time.

very cool stuff, ill help test it out sometime if you need any more guinea pigs.

there is literally nothing else to play, seems like a good time to start up playing a bit again.

While I'll never run PCSX2, this is pretty cool shit right here for those that do. Countdown though till the inevitable "do I still need XLink or PS2 to play SOCOM!?" from the masses.

(03-04-2019, 02:31 PM)harry62 Wrote: I still think you and Dominator should combine projects and make it an all in one. SVDL LAN tunnel with that interface would attract a lot of players plus being able to know who has pcsx2 or ps2 may be a big help over time.

I was just about to post this saying that you and Dom should combine the projects as to have one complete online solution for SOCOM 2. Would be groundbreaking.

(03-05-2019, 03:14 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 02:31 PM)harry62 Wrote: I still think you and Dominator should combine projects and make it an all in one. SVDL LAN tunnel with that interface would attract a lot of players plus being able to know who has pcsx2 or ps2 may be a big help over time.

I was just about to post this saying that you and Dom should combine the projects as to have one complete online solution for SOCOM 2. Would be groundbreaking.

He's writing it in a different language and that would mean either I'd be re-writing my code or he would be and I am not picking up another language to do that. If it was going to be packed together as a separate program than it doesn't make sense to make it specific to it. The idea was always only support the emulator.

(03-05-2019, 11:40 PM)1UP Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 03:14 PM)eVo7 Wrote: I was just about to post this saying that you and Dom should combine the projects as to have one complete online solution for SOCOM 2. Would be groundbreaking.
...The idea was always only support the emulator.
Quick question and clarificarions, wouldn't it make more sense to re-create XLink (SVDL?) so that its orbiting p2p feature becomes centralized on a server like past Zipper ops? 

Couldn't your "module" be tacked on independantly through some type of universal development platform?  Are you saying that Dom's project (SVDL) is written in a different language than yours amd that there is no way to convert or merge the two through some independant framework? 

His effort is to replace XLink, no? If so, I've never received a clear indication of WHY XLink staff (secret hack society?) were never open to allowing improvements and fixes to the program by one of their self appointed administrators (Dom). At every conceivable turn, it always appeared Dom was shut out of the process entirely. 

OR that there was never really anybody at the helm and that XLink was just abandoned ghostware built to solve an old problem, but the EU data privacy act disproved that as they updated and went into compliance shortly before it was mandated.  

Also, what language is XLink in versus SVDL versus the clan/data/stat tracker project you're working on?

(03-06-2019, 03:20 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 11:40 PM)1UP Wrote: ...The idea was always only support the emulator.
Quick question and clarificarions, wouldn't it make more sense to re-create XLink (SVDL?) so that its orbiting p2p feature becomes centralized on a server like past Zipper ops? 

Couldn't your "module" be tacked on independantly through some type of universal development platform?  Are you saying that Dom's project (SVDL) is written in a different language than yours amd that there is no way to convert or merge the two through some independant framework? 

His effort is to replace XLink, no? If so, I've never received a clear indication of WHY XLink staff (secret hack society?) were never open to allowing improvements and fixes to the program by one of their self appointed administrators (Dom). At every conceivable turn, it always appeared Dom was shut out of the process entirely. 

OR that there was never really anybody at the helm and that XLink was just abandoned ghostware built to solve an old problem, but the EU data privacy act disproved that as they updated and went into compliance shortly before it was mandated.  

Also, what language is XLink in versus SVDL versus the clan/data/stat tracker project you're working on?
That's kind of what they do now. SDVL acts as a proxy so people's actual IPs aren't passed along though which is a good thing.

I don't think either one of us wants to re-write anything. He is writing in Delphi and I am using C#.

I don't know anything about what goes on in the behind the scenes with the xlink staff. I just know he doesn't have access to the code or something along those lines. It seems like it would have made sense to have him work on it seeing how he's made it clear that he knows what he is doing. The EU privacy thing doesn't really have anything to do with them updating the program. That was just their backend that it was enforced on.

No idea what xlink is written in, probably C++? I don't really know. From what I recall SDVL is written in Delphi and as I said before my stuff is in C#.

Pretty cool for those who still play I'd bet. I'm personally waiting for the day where someone sort of "unpacks" socom 2 into a legit pc port with brand new severs and custom content controlled by the new "devs". Like we have to be close to that right? Like reverse engineer and relaunch that puppy.