Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have any interest in playing SOCOM 2 this weekend?

(04-30-2019, 10:18 AM)SkiMask Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 02:01 AM)eVo7 Wrote: So apparently SVDL is active and that there was 2 full lobbys online last night and over 40 people in the lobby. I am gonna check it out tomorrow night I think
Cruised main street Twitch first time in forever last Thursday and seen SOCOM being played here and there. Reports of several new people/handles to the scene via Discord, FB and the like...

Obviously the same ol still play but I will be logging in Friday and clowning on some new scrubs talking shit in the pubs for sure.

I logged on SVDL yesterday and there were roughly 30+ people on it. Saw old names too like AprilDawn and others. Looked on Xlink at same time (like 8PM central) and only 1 person on S2 Xlink lobby. So I am under the impression that everyone has migrated over to SVDL. I did not go ingame but I was able to connect to SVDL lobby without any issues with the emulator and Harry's patch.

The SVDL interface still needs some improvements but is way better than Xlink for the fact alone that it shows you what room people are in or if they are not in a room, what they are doing (in lobby, not connected to lan, etc).

(04-30-2019, 04:26 PM)dizee Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 10:18 AM)SkiMask Wrote: Cruised main street Twitch first time in forever last Thursday and seen SOCOM being played here and there. Reports of several new people/handles to the scene via Discord, FB and the like...

Obviously the same ol still play but I will be logging in Friday and clowning on some new scrubs talking shit in the pubs for sure.

I logged on SVDL yesterday and there were roughly 30+ people on it. Saw old names too like AprilDawn and others. Looked on Xlink at same time (like 8PM central) and only 1 person on S2 Xlink lobby. So I am under the impression that everyone has migrated over to SVDL. I did not go ingame but I was able to connect to SVDL lobby without any issues with the emulator and Harry's patch.

The SVDL interface still needs some improvements but is way better than Xlink for the fact alone that it shows you what room people are in or if they are not in a room, what they are doing (in lobby, not connected to lan, etc).
Ouch. I was under the impression it was all inter-related at first but it's just another 'private room' where everyone knows the password and has all the cheats built in then, right? Don't you need the patch in order to manipulate the game in various ways? 

When I saw the Combined Assault room with like 10 people on a Thursday I wonder if that was public XLink or private SVDL? Interesting and I guess its roughly the same cast of characters then. Here's to hoping Friday has some different numbers. 

Not trying to hate just wasn't expecting that but makes sense.

(05-01-2019, 12:33 AM)SkiMask Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 04:26 PM)dizee Wrote: I logged on SVDL yesterday and there were roughly 30+ people on it. Saw old names too like AprilDawn and others. Looked on Xlink at same time (like 8PM central) and only 1 person on S2 Xlink lobby. So I am under the impression that everyone has migrated over to SVDL. I did not go ingame but I was able to connect to SVDL lobby without any issues with the emulator and Harry's patch.

Ouch. I was under the impression it was all inter-related at first but it's just another 'private room' where everyone knows the password and has all the cheats built in then, right? Don't you need the patch in order to manipulate the game in various ways? 

When I saw the Combined Assault room with like 10 people on a Thursday I wonder if that was public XLink or private SVDL? Interesting and I guess its roughly the same cast of characters then. Here's to hoping Friday has some different numbers. 

Not trying to hate just wasn't expecting that but makes sense.
It's just a different LAN tunneling service that is more catered to socom.

(05-01-2019, 07:32 AM)1UP Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 12:33 AM)SkiMask Wrote: Not trying to hate just wasn't expecting that but makes sense.
It's just a different LAN tunneling service that is more catered to socom.
I understand. 

Kind of goes back to the old splitting the base argument and whether or not there is a overall benefit to playing with the same gang of tryhard misfits who now seem to run the whole town, bought and paid for by the sheriff of the old place.

Can't say I'm surprised, actually sort of pleased, maybe even a smidge proud, but again wasn't expecting a new web of the same old spiders. Now thinking Friday has the real pubs now in XLink and the more authentic SOCOM expurience. Time will tell.

I'll keep an open ignorant mind though and maybe give it a try.

The soft rollout of SVDL over what presumably was the last six months or so coupled with the history of SOCOM and XLink gives me pause and is a bit confusing to a guy whose paid somewhat close attention; I could only imagine any geek off street...

Got my PS2 stuff up and working. I'll be down for a few rounds whenever.

[Image: aqsLVUJ.gif]
looking forward to playing tonight

(04-30-2019, 04:26 PM)dizee Wrote: I logged on SVDL yesterday and there were roughly 30+ people on it.
(05-01-2019, 05:24 PM)eVo7 Wrote: Got my PS2 stuff up and working. I'll be down for a few rounds whenever.
XLink fuckin dead...that's for sure; saw three on, nobody playing.

how many people were on svdl?

edit: looks like 40, including everyones favorite mine teamkiller WARPIG.

(05-04-2019, 12:15 AM)dizee Wrote: how many people were on svdl?

I was trying SVDL for the first time myself last night. To his credit, his mines actually didn't kill anyone as I saw... enemy included. But it was a fun time, we got 8 players on CA which you often had to sacrifice a wild boar to get to occur on xLink. The big general chat lobby that includes both CA and S2 players, and as you mentioned, the fact you can see what lobby and game people are on is an awesome addition.

(05-04-2019, 04:34 AM)MR. BLONDE Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 12:15 AM)dizee Wrote: how many people were on svdl?

I was trying SVDL for the first time myself last night. To his credit, his mines actually didn't kill anyone as I saw... enemy included. But it was a fun time, we got 8 players on CA which you often had to sacrifice a wild boar to get to occur on xLink. The big general chat lobby that includes both CA and S2 players, and as you mentioned, the fact you can see what lobby and game people are on is an awesome addition.

He either forgot to use them or you were just in the right place at the right time then. Its literally a guessing game as to where he places mines and if you are unlucky enough to hit them as they are 100% of the time put in stupid and random spots.