Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOCOM 2: r0005v62 Release

Unofficial SOCOM 2 patch r0005 updated to version 0.62.

UPDATE: r0005 v0.6.2 - Changes  
CHANGE: Added custom patch menu in game. Access this menu by pressing "L1 + X".
- Contains controls for Look Speed, Crosshair Color, Brightness, Round Start stance(crouching or standing), and Aspect Ratio.
- Displays overall KDR and patch version.
- Cicle, Triangle, and the "close" button close the menu.

CHANGE: Added widescreen 16:9.
- Enable widescreen via Patch Menu. "L1 + X" opens the menu.
CHANGE: Removed suspect code scanning. This caused more confusion than it helped.

Download and info: http://update.ps2.host/r0005/

Video:

Wow I would have died for custom control settings in the main menu back in the day. Nothing worse than backing out to the main menu 20 different times to get your sensitivity where you wanted

(03-28-2019, 07:55 PM)PRE_-CISION-_ Wrote: Wow I would have died for custom control settings in the main menu back in the day. Nothing worse than backing out to the main menu 20 different times to get your sensitivity where you wanted

Imagine if the PS2 hard drive would have been required to use the console like it has been since the PS3 onwards. The game would have been SO much better. It is actually quite impressive when you think of all the changes they were able to make with a 8mb memory card only. Same thing goes for Everquest Online Adventures.

Harry, I forgot how to put the patch into a ISO of the game. Since TRS is down now, any chance you can post the steps on how to do it for future reference?

(03-28-2019, 10:14 PM)dizee Wrote: Imagine if the PS2 hard drive would have been required to use the console like it has been since the PS3 onwards. The game would have been SO much better. It is actually quite impressive when you think of all the changes they were able to make with a 8mb memory card only. Same thing goes for Everquest Online Adventures.

Harry, I forgot how to put the patch into a ISO of the game. Since TRS is down now, any chance you can post the steps on how to do it for future reference?

1. Extract all content from the SOCOM 2 ISO.
2. Open the SYSTEM.CNF file. It reads:

Code:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SCUS_972.75;1
VER = 1.02
VMODE = NTSC

Change it to w/e the current patch is like:
Code:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\r0005v62.ELF;1
VER = 1.02
VMODE = NTSC

3. Copy the patch to the root directory(same directory as the SYSTEM.CNF).
4. Rebuild ISO.

I used ultraISO in the past to rebuild the ISO. You can remove various unused assets like everything in the video folders and all SP missions. Makes the file size like 300MB iirc.

Widescreen feature of the patch looks and works good on PCSX2

[Image: P3gvrll.jpg]

(05-04-2019, 12:56 AM)dizee Wrote: Widescreen feature of the patch looks and works good on PCSX2

damn emulator looks clean af but I'm still using my PS2.

With my spare time waiting last night for people to show, I started messing with Ultra Key in premiere. 

How those at XLink could let support just shrivel up is beyond me. Sure, there was another update but damn you'd think with PSN support ending for PS3 these chuckles would be a little more agile; it never added up.

Xlink is basically abandonware at this point. With no admins ever around to handle issues, it kind of deserves the fate it got from the Socom community.

I dont know if you were playing with us when it happened but there was a guy who was cheating and using no shock codes. We easily caught him doing it by pounding him with like 300 M79 rounds where it simply kept knocking him down over and over. I made a post on Xlink with the video clip and never heard a word back from any admin on the issue. Thats why Xlink can fuck off and I hope SVDL handles that sort of shit way better

This was the clip

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/169885643

(05-04-2019, 12:56 AM)dizee Wrote: Widescreen feature of the patch looks and works good on PCSX2

I was trying it out on PS2 last week and there was an issue with the widescreen when sun was shining on your screen as it would highlight the 4:3, aspect ratio of the screen and be really distracting

(05-04-2019, 12:26 PM)SkiMask Wrote:

damn emulator looks clean af but I'm still using my PS2.

With my spare time waiting last night for people to show, I started messing with Ultra Key in premiere. 

How those at XLink could let support just shrivel up is beyond me. Sure, there was another update but damn you'd think with PSN support ending for PS3 these chuckles would be a little more agile; it never added up.

Just waiting for the SJW soyboy nerds to say your [SS] clan tag means your a Nazi.

(05-04-2019, 04:26 PM)eVo7 Wrote:
Just waiting for the SJW soyboy nerds to say your [SS] clan tag means your a Nazi.
I mean, sure, but they'd be pretty dishonest seeing as I trolled the FB SOCOM xlink forum group a moment ago and declared the colors I will be flying in the name of Saving SOCOM.

Fuck em and let them try. You have to expect it when being deliberately provacative. Also, I think those mentioned are just happy to be playing with everyone I would imagine and should just worry about their loadouts and leaving the mines at home.

Still a gagglefuck in there and new users lost in the sauce trying to figure out how to hook up a program nobody using. Then, typically, you have cheerleaders straggling to meet the demands provided by a well thought out, concise, plain language landing and tutorial for the lowest common denominators that play this 17 year old game. You start talking long dongled USB headsets and their head explodes. 

But...better than starting a whole NEW group just because nobody could be found or could agree on a practical name for it.

You guys know that SS could be interpreted as... Oh, okay, yeah, you see it.