Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H-Hour World's Elite

Pretty sad stuff.

(04-18-2019, 03:46 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(04-18-2019, 02:44 PM)dizee Wrote: Was Kevin brought in by Tom or was he someone that David brought in himself?

The POC showed so much potential, too bad.
I believe Kevin was Tom's nephew in college at the time.

POC and that game shoulda stayed in UE3 carbonite for all eternity once it failed as a  pitch. Them clowns (David too) ported that thing so this could manifest exactly as it did. Was the only way IMO to keep the grift going because nobody could just pick up UE3 like 4 to my knowledge. 4 was open source while 3 needed a paid for license I think.  That was probably the schmarmiest thing that really grates because that gave life and rise to this sham.

Despite my limited scope of understanding of game design, I have always felt that porting the game was the worst thing they did. 

The downfall of the SOCOM series was that Zipper couldn't leave well enough alone. Now, H-Hour has hit the same wall.

(04-30-2019, 01:47 PM)SkiMask Wrote:

2 hours prior to that...

Ouch, lol

(04-30-2019, 01:47 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
[Image: k4kfeature.jpg?crop=0.8972222222222221xw...quality=55]

Lol.

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-an...-the-buckz

Kars 4 Kids—officially listed in tax documents as “JOY for Our Youth” (and since 2014 listed as kars4kids)—was founded by Rabbi Chaim Mintz in the mid-1990s to help finance Mintz’s charitable endeavors 

Kars 4 Kids “gives the majority of the money it receives from vehicle donations to another charitable organization, Oorah, for the purpose of paying for children to attend religious schools.” And it is true: Kirwan said that as much as 60 percent of the money donated in a given year is then gifted directly to the explicitly religious Oorah, which is also run by Rabbi Eliyahu Mintz 

For example: In 2013, Kars 4 Kids raised around $28 million, over $12 million of which was spent solely on advertising and promotional activities. Of the remaining donations, a few million was spent on payroll and administrative expenses, while the rest, $12.5 million, was gifted directly to Oorah, representing around 80 percent of the money not spent on advertising and promotional activities. Kars 4 Kids itself only spent a few hundred thousand dollars to benefit the “kids” it claims to help in its advertisements. 

According to tax forms, Oorah is “a Jewish outreach organization for the purpose of imparting Jewish education, values, and traditions, as well as guidance and support, to Jewish children 

Oy vey!

http://www.onlinecardonation.org/charity...4kids.html

I can only hope COD prepared it's servers for the massive influx of H Hour players coming their way.

(04-30-2019, 04:44 PM)hitman Wrote: 2 hours prior to that...

Ouch, lol
That's how you know Tom has this on auto pilot and ain't even running the Twitter anymore.
(04-30-2019, 05:55 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: Lol.

Oy vey!
Well...what did ya expect from a Jarhead?

I miss ya's.

AND my wife donated her saturn to them. Wink

Semper

Everyone still too chickenshit to talk on this subject?

I haven't seen much as of late and wouldn't mind a recap of the past few months and what they've done with the little resources they have. Even if Vice thinks we're compostable fruit and blames people like me for being critical their game still appears to be broken, but maybe I'm wrong?

Anyone have the guts to talk about this "passion project" anymore? Anyone making maps anymore? Or is this all just as stagnate as SOCOM? Perhaps for once they might actually beat the SVDL numbers...

Doubt it.

What's to discuss? The official Twitter is literally just re-tweets of F15_Eagle playing a sub-alpha build.

(07-25-2019, 03:06 PM)hitman Wrote: What's to discuss? The official Twitter is literally just re-tweets of F15_Eagle playing a sub-alpha build.
Really?! Kinda sad.

What about their site? Any new threads talking about patches, meet ups, goals, milestones, deliverables, timelines, Trello, staff, web of lies in the code, hitscan, etc etc etc? I wonder if they even communicate with him or just let him run wild?

Personally, I would be concerned nobody was talking about the work that needed to be done while shearing new sheep. 

I'd still love to see Tom try and talk his way into another years worth of bullshit to be honest. I went back and re-read some of this thread and laughed again when I read what I wrote about the feature freeze and porting. SO dumb even this Polack understood that was total bullshit because it wouldn't make sense to port a game that didn't have J2C at the time nor a single ladder if I'm not mistaken when they made that announcement. "We're gonna freeze it guys and look into porting...should be good to go by Q4 '19!"

L-O-fucking-L

(07-26-2019, 12:57 AM)SkiMask Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 03:06 PM)hitman Wrote: What's to discuss? The official Twitter is literally just re-tweets of F15_Eagle playing a sub-alpha build.
Really?! Kinda sad.

What about their site? Any new threads talking about patches, meet ups, goals, milestones, deliverables, timelines, Trello, staff, web of lies in the code, hitscan, etc etc etc? I wonder if they even communicate with him or just let him run wild?

Personally, I would be concerned nobody was talking about the work that needed to be done while shearing new sheep. 

I'd still love to see Tom try and talk his way into another years worth of bullshit to be honest. I went back and re-read some of this thread and laughed again when I read what I wrote about the feature freeze and porting. SO dumb even this Polack understood that was total bullshit because it wouldn't make sense to port a game that didn't have J2C at the time nor a single ladder if I'm not mistaken when they made that announcement. "We're gonna freeze it guys and look into porting...should be good to go by Q4 '19!"

L-O-fucking-L

The Twitter bio link directs straight to their Steam page, which hasn't been updated since May. The discussion boards have had a couple of posts this month, but nothing substantial. Even Eagle's post history shows one post in the last 14 months. Maybe there's a private board that's more active...not sure.

Edit: I went directly to SOF's official site, and registered on the forums. I see some activity. Devs claim there are 30 bugs left to fix, plus whatever's left of the original roadmap before they can start the port to PS4. That was 3 weeks ago. 
Based on the access details of the roadmap, there are only four people on the SOF team.