Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Pron

Been craving some pulled pork lately and instead of going to my favorite "Swine Assassin" (@Jung great quip) I'm making my own.

I decided to pick up a Boston butt, studded it with cloves, rubbed it down with seasoning, topped it with sliced red onion, threw it into the crock, poured two cups of water over it and am slow cooking it for 8 hours. 

House smelling SO good right now. 

While it may not be conventional BBQ (I have no smoker) it really hits the spot once you drain, pull apart then add 16oz of your favorite sauce and slow cook for another 2 hours. 

What are ya'll eating these days?

I haven't cooked much, lately. Wife does most of it.

The last thing I made was szechuan shrimp. Came out great.

(04-20-2019, 10:53 AM)hitman Wrote: I haven't cooked much, lately. Wife does most of it.

Funny you mention that, that's a lot of the time, my go to meal. 

Whenever I don't feel like making anything extravagant, I usually opt for stir fry. Where'd you get the skrimp? They've been stocking more options at the meat counter, but I never take the bait.

Stir fry one them dishes I could live on 3 days a week for life. 

Lately I have been just heading to the salad bar and loading up tons of brocolli, mushrooms, red pepper, onion; then double back and grab a single, sometimes flavored chicken breast (sherry teriyaki) from the meat counter who now sells U.S. Foods' "fresh" type pre-prepared food... 

Not sure how I feel about all that. Used to think it was the two gin blossomed fellas trimming the ribeyes expanding their repertoire...guess not. 

Anyways, out the door it's like 5 bucks and it takes one dish and everything cleaned up before I even take a bite; nothing better than that.

I smoked a shoulder yesterday for Easter. Turned out great. Also made my special Jameson Apple Baked Beans. If I can find the time to do a pic transfer, I'll get some shots up.

(04-22-2019, 10:25 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: I smoked a shoulder yesterday for Easter. Turned out great. Also made my special Jameson Apple Baked Beans. If I can find the time to do a pic transfer, I'll get some shots up.
Sounds delicious! Jameson Apple baked beans sounds like something dreamed up that'd also go good with pork chops. Old lady always eats homemade apple sauce on hers so that's what triggered that. Speaking of pork chops, if/when you ever just grill and not smoke them, do you pan sear after seasoning first or...? Once I started doing that pork chops became flawless.

(04-22-2019, 09:13 AM)SkiMask Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 10:53 AM)hitman Wrote: I haven't cooked much, lately. Wife does most of it.

Funny you mention that, that's a lot of the time, my go to meal. 

Whenever I don't feel like making anything extravagant, I usually opt for stir fry. Where'd you get the skrimp? They've been stocking more options at the meat counter, but I never take the bait.

Stir fry one them dishes I could live on 3 days a week for life. 

Lately I have been just heading to the salad bar and loading up tons of brocolli, mushrooms, red pepper, onion; then double back and grab a single, sometimes flavored chicken breast (sherry teriyaki) from the meat counter who now sells U.S. Foods' "fresh" type pre-prepared food... 

Not sure how I feel about all that. Used to think it was the two gin blossomed fellas trimming the ribeyes expanding their repertoire...guess not. 

Anyways, out the door it's like 5 bucks and it takes one dish and everything cleaned up before I even take a bite; nothing better than that.

I got the shrimp from a local supplier. 

We're smoking a Buc-ee's pork loin tonight  Angel

(04-22-2019, 02:42 PM)hitman Wrote: I got the shrimp from a local supplier. 

Being down in Texas I bet you've got access to all sorts of fresh seafood. Here in Minnesota, you really have to be selective and understand where it all comes from because nobody wants Chinese or even "Alaskan" pen-fed nonsense, but ignorance is bliss for the most part in those types of situations. I'll fuck some gas station sushi without a second thought or peek at a date label...

"Meat wrapped meat" ?!? Shiiiiit what's the occasion on a Monday night in your neck of the woods? Stars fan? Lucky mf'er, but not in the hockey sense cause fuck those guys...

(04-22-2019, 02:34 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 10:25 AM)Junglist Tactikz Wrote: I smoked a shoulder yesterday for Easter. Turned out great. Also made my special Jameson Apple Baked Beans. If I can find the time to do a pic transfer, I'll get some shots up.
Sounds delicious! Jameson Apple baked beans sounds like something dreamed up that'd also go good with pork chops. Old lady always eats homemade apple sauce on hers so that's what triggered that. Speaking of pork chops, if/when you ever just grill and not smoke them, do you pan sear after seasoning first or...? Once I started doing that pork chops became flawless.

I don't pan sear, then grill. I'll actually pan sear then throw in the oven. i do it with steaks and chops. Nothing against it, I just don't feel like going from the stove to outside. It is a great way to cook chops, I just don't do it.

I have a method to grilling chops where they don't dry out.

Speaking of searing though, I have been doing reverse sears with steaks lately, and I must say I do like that method.

(04-22-2019, 08:39 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 02:42 PM)hitman Wrote: I got the shrimp from a local supplier. 

Being down in Texas I bet you've got access to all sorts of fresh seafood. Here in Minnesota, you really have to be selective and understand where it all comes from because nobody wants Chinese or even "Alaskan" pen-fed nonsense, but ignorance is bliss for the most part in those types of situations. I'll fuck some gas station sushi without a second thought or peek at a date label...

"Meat wrapped meat" ?!? Shiiiiit what's the occasion on a Monday night in your neck of the woods? Stars fan? Lucky mf'er, but not in the hockey sense cause fuck those guys...
We picked it up on the way back from central Tx and just wanted to cook it up. 
We got the cream cheese and jalapeno stuffed pork, and yes - it's wrapped in bacon. 

I'm eating the leftovers for lunch, as I type this  Tongue 

We do have access to fresh seafood. Not as good as Maine or Maryland, but still pretty good stuff. Can't beat the gigantic gulf shrimp we have here. 

And no, I don't want hockey. I don't want much of any TV, honestly. 
If I did watch, I'd be a Flyers fan, which is why I don't watch.  Confused

Wife made bacon-wrapped pork loins, stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos. Was her first try, and they came out great! 

Ate some late last night, and having a full helping tonight. 

Happy ramadan bombathon!