Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It could always be worse

Star 

At least they have a sense of humor about it. It is very easy to take our health for granted. My perspective on that changed a few years ago when I slept on my arm funny and pinched the Brachial nerve in my right arm. I lost 90% of the strength and movement in my dominant hand. It was one of the most frightening/humbling experiences Ive ever experienced. I couldnt even use or lift up a computer mouse for weeks. Took about 6 months to get back to 100%.

It gave me a new appreciation for disabled people and what they go through.

(04-27-2019, 12:19 PM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: At least they have a sense of humor about it. It is very easy to take our health for granted. My perspective on that changed a few years ago when I slept on my arm funny and pinched the Brachial nerve in my right arm. I lost 90% of the strength and movement in my dominant hand. It was one of the most frightening/humbling experiences Ive ever experienced. I couldnt even use or lift up a computer mouse for weeks. Took about 6 months to get back to 100%.

It gave me a new appreciation for disabled people and what they go through.
Flip side to that is the dude in a wheelchair that plays on his handicap by grifting folks into adjusting his foot pedals just because he can. You ever encountered one of those? 

Guy rolled through my building I was in charge of one morning and as I was sitting at a large onyx desk in the atrium he rolls up and attempts to make small talk and I reject it. Clearly annoyed, he then asks me if I could adjust his pedals and I say sure and immediately hopped out and over and down on one knee I went to adjust this creep's foot rests and sure enough, he's sitting there drooling practically with a hard on that he's found his mark.

A bit later the EBT line quiets down across the hall and I'm back at the desk monitoring the folks coming out of district court and here comes dude again with a need for another adjustment. So, I being me say "this the last time bucko, after this your on your own" and proceeded to adjust the other pedal to his exact liking as he was being Goldylocks about the fucking thing, but I get it and adjust accordingly. 

Then when I think I'm just about done, dude rolls back a few minutes later to fuck with me some more and asks to use a pen. I give him one and he rolls away and leaves it somewhere. Finally, he comes back and asks to use another pen but only this time he wants mine from the left breast pocket and that's when I tell him to "roll along now". 

Dude was a handicapped dick on wheels and I learned a lesson about those who are disabled are not always shy about asking for your shirt of your back just because they can. At a certain point it became obvious he was asking just to see what I would say yes to and it became a game of control of sorts to try and get me to say no to something but he made it easy by being a douche and I'm not shy about calling them out on the spot albeit with some tact.