Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SaveSocom.com community night on SVDL

With summer here, I think it is time that we get some members here on SVDL and get back into our weekly community nights. Play some S2, shoot the shit with friends and play how you wanna play. Down the road if we get enough of us, we can make our own rooms and have 6v6+ wars. 

I am thinking on Friday or Saturday nights. Saturday nights would have to be late for me, 11PM CST onwards. We could also do this bi-weekly or a monthly thing instead of every week. So if you are interested in doing this, which I know some of you are, post here with what day and schedule would be best for making a official community night. We could also stream it if members want to go that route, I personally do not but if others do then that is fine with me.

Also, dont forget to play with a [SS] tag in your name!

(05-04-2019, 12:33 AM)dizee Wrote: With summer here, I think it is time that we get some members here on SVDL and get back into our weekly community nights. Play some S2, shoot the shit...
Also, dont forget to play with a [SS] tag in your name!
Put me in coach.

I'm down for whatever. Friday or Saturday or even Sunday nights are fine if the weekend is open in the first place and starting 9pm or later is always solid. I am also not opposed to doing a few swing shifts here or there seeing as there is only a couple of us.

If this were to gain some steam a weeknight in addition is cool if weekends get too busy. Kinda hate starting 10pm or later on a weeknight if we're being honest 6 or 7 might be better, but I'll go with the flow regardless. Have a few sports commitments but for the most part I'm pretty flexible.

I'd also like to stream it or see it streamed here or there but only for clipping and highlights etc and only if people consented. I thought it was fun to mutistream the versus stuff and we had a good system with Discord before but am fine either way.

I can highlight/clip things without streaming it now since I use the emulator and my PC can turn on Shadowplay to save the last 5minutes etc.

The reason I am opposed to streaming is purely due to drama from SJWs and Feminazis who will go or come after the streamer for things we possibly say or talk about on discord. It has happened before and it will happen again. If we were to do it though, I would want an official Twitch account for it to be streamed under that multiple people could login to and stream on.

Again, if we were voting on this I would vote no but I can go either way. I do think its good for the website but there is gonna be a group of losers who try to ruin it so just be prepared for that if people want to stream it.

I am down. My work schedule though may or may not allow for as much time to play but my PS2 is hooked up and working. I honestly really need to get the fucking emulator working but I am just too lazy.

If you use PCSX2 and stream you can use 1UPs SOCOM stats program to display the stats on screen.

SOCOM Stats Reader Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5reno8hhkn5ha9q

Image showcasing how it can be used: https://i.imgur.com/aOrTaFL.jpg

Is there a way to still get socom running on a pc emu with svdl? I have gotten a new setup since the last time I tried that and all the old tutorials were nuked on trs

(05-06-2019, 12:54 PM)PRE_-CISION-_ Wrote: Is there a way to still get socom running on a pc emu with svdl? I have gotten a new setup since the last time I tried that and all the old tutorials were nuked on trs
YUP. That's what Dizee is using. Looks cleaner than I've ever seen but not sure if the Crossroads problem still exists or not? 

As long as you have a reasonable setup, you should be fine. Setup is here on this site somewheres probably under the SVDL banner or similar.

Gonna rock the old setup myself but am pretty jelly. As you can see, you probably have to just sub out the software XLink for SVDL but should be about the same process. I would imagine the wiki would be updated to include a blurb on choosing a LAN tunneling service for connecting to your games (XLink for everything, SVDL for SOCOM) or whatever in the near future.

(05-06-2019, 12:54 PM)PRE_-CISION-_ Wrote: Is there a way to still get socom running on a pc emu with svdl? I have gotten a new setup since the last time I tried that and all the old tutorials were nuked on trs

As far I am aware, same exact setup as Xlink, just open SVDL instead of Xlink. That is how it worked for me anyways.

We are planning on playing this Friday night and unless my schedule changes, I will be getting on as well.

Dizee
1UP
Evo
Skimask

If nothing comes up, I'll be on. I need to see if SVDL works for me now , I had problems with it in the past but I think Dom fixed the problems I was having.