Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site improvements

Post here with ideas that you would like to see added to improve the site. I am not html/website expert but maybe someone else is and can help us implement it.

1) Have a actual like button that visibly shows who likes the posts instead of a reputation counter.
2) Incorporate Twitch and Twitter feeds into website itself
3) Improve main banner header/image

If you can help out with anything, post here.

(05-12-2019, 07:18 AM)dizee Wrote: Post here with ideas that you would like to see added to improve the site. I am not html/website expert but maybe someone else is and can help us implement it.

1) Have a actual like button that visibly shows who likes the posts instead of a reputation counter.

My only improvement would be making it so you can upload pictures directly from my phone/computer. I dont know how to do the whole url address link thing. Plus many of my pictures and memes are extremely rare and valuable and arent available on the internet to the general public so I cant link an address.

Is it currently possible to make the site send me to the latest page/post in a thread when I click the thread title? If not, the option would be nice

(05-12-2019, 01:10 PM)MR. BLONDE Wrote: Is it currently possible to make the site send me to the latest page/post in a thread when I click the thread title? If not, the option would be nice

Click last post when looking at the thread

Lets take down the battlefield 4 guy and get a SOCOM themed banner lol

(05-12-2019, 08:57 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:
(05-12-2019, 07:18 AM)dizee Wrote: Post here with ideas that you would like to see added to improve the site. I am not html/website expert but maybe someone else is and can help us implement it.

My only improvement would be making it so you can upload pictures directly from my phone/computer.
THIS.
(05-12-2019, 04:37 PM)eVo7 Wrote: Lets take down the battlefield 4 guy and get a SOCOM themed banner lol
If nothing, most definately THIS.

I'd like the edited blurb to be either non-existant or not so prominately displayed across the top of a post. It would also be nice if it didn't take effect for 5 minutes. Smaller text size with less words and located at the bottom of the frame, if possible.

Thanks for asking!

In order to replace the banner, we need a certain type of image and I am unsure of the exact dimensions. Same goes for the SaveSocom.com text which I made in about 2minutes.

I am awful at all this so if anyone is good at this then you are more than welcome to help. @1UP did most the work setting this up so maybe he knows the exact dimensions needed.

(05-12-2019, 09:29 PM)dizee Wrote: In order to replace the banner, we need a certain type of image and I am unsure of the exact dimensions. Same goes for the SaveSocom.com text which I made in about 2minutes.

I am awful at all this so if anyone is good at this then you are more than welcome to help. @1UP did most the work setting this up so maybe he knows the exact dimensions needed.
Don't take it personal, I'm grateful we have a place to chill and chat censor free about whatever the fuck. So at the end of the day, I'm happy with it all as is and if you can get that banner dimensions I can play around in photoshop with old SOCOM pics or something. If I remember correctly, S4 had some really great images to rip.

Edit: Kinda nice that guests can see the board now. Regardless if their too pussy to engage, it's still nice they can have that voyeuristic itch scratched.

(05-12-2019, 08:57 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote:

My only improvement would be making it so you can upload pictures directly from my phone/computer. I dont know how to do the whole url address link thing. Plus many of my pictures and memes are extremely rare and valuable and arent available on the internet to the general public so I cant link an address.
Server space is pretty limited so that's why I have attachments disabled. It's probably not a thing to really worry about but if I enable them now and they start to eat up space and I disable them later it would probably cause problems. It's just best to require people to upload to places like imgur.

(05-12-2019, 09:26 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(05-12-2019, 08:57 AM)MACK IS GOD Wrote: My only improvement would be making it so you can upload pictures directly from my phone/computer.
THIS.
(05-12-2019, 04:37 PM)eVo7 Wrote: Lets take down the battlefield 4 guy and get a SOCOM themed banner lol
If nothing, most definately THIS.

I'd like the edited blurb to be either non-existant or not so prominately displayed across the top of a post. It would also be nice if it didn't take effect for 5 minutes. Smaller text size with less words and located at the bottom of the frame, if possible.

Thanks for asking!

I am not certain what you mean by the edited blurb or the time frame you are talking about. 

(05-12-2019, 09:29 PM)dizee Wrote: In order to replace the banner, we need a certain type of image and I am unsure of the exact dimensions. Same goes for the SaveSocom.com text which I made in about 2minutes.

So there are 2 parts to this. There is the banner which is the battlefield dude, that image is 1900 x 471. However most of that image isn't shown.
Link to it here.

As for the text, that was a separate file and realistically I could probably replace it with a blank if the text was just added to the banner. I think it was done that way so they didn't have to include the photoshop file which makes sense.

There you have it, if someone wants to make a SOCOM type image at 1900 x 471, we can have a new banner