Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site improvements

(05-13-2019, 03:38 PM)1UP Wrote:
(05-12-2019, 09:26 PM)SkiMask Wrote: I'd like the edited blurb to be either non-existant or not so prominately displayed across the top of a post. It would also be nice if it didn't take effect for 5 minutes. Smaller text size with less words and located at the bottom of the frame, if possible.

Thanks for asking!
I am not certain what you mean by the edited blurb or the time frame you are talking about.
I'll edit this post and when you look at the top of the frame, it displays that it was modified and at what time (most often 1 minute later) and it's at the top and a bit cluttered and I believe it would go nicely tucked underneath the actual post and in a text size that is minuscule as can get. Xenforo had this feature where it wouldn't display the "edited" portion until after 5 minutes of the post time. It was nice because the majority of us quickly fix any grammatical errors for clarity and do so within that amount of time. This is completely a vanity thing so no worries.
(05-13-2019, 04:29 PM)dizee Wrote: There you have it, if someone wants to make a SOCOM type image at 1900 x 471, we can have a new banner
Just for the sake of clarity, you mentioned that image was that size but also that it didn't fit regardless so I am curious if that is actually the dimension of the frame and not the pic dimension.
[Image: youtube-channel-art-sizing-template.png]
Typically this is a YouTube reference but the area seems very similar so maybe the rule of thumb is still applicable? Not sure.
[Image: ADgS6Wz.png]
Here is Foxhunt in those dimensions scaled. Still not sure the exact dimension of the frame but this is in the specified size...

Also, I would make the text of the site (SAVE SOCOM) the actual SOCOM font which isn't hard to find if one googled it...

(05-13-2019, 08:29 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 03:38 PM)1UP Wrote: I am not certain what you mean by the edited blurb or the time frame you are talking about.
I'll edit this post and when you look at the top of the frame, it displays that it was modified and at what time (most often 1 minute later) and it's at the top and a bit cluttered and I believe it would go nicely tucked underneath the actual post and in a text size that is minuscule as can get. Xenforo had this feature where it wouldn't display the "edited" portion until after 5 minutes of the post time. It was nice because the majority of us quickly fix any grammatical errors for clarity and do so within that amount of time. This is completely a vanity thing so no worries.

I was able to remove the edited time from it but I didn't see an easy way to move it somewhere else outside of editing the code. I don't think it really makes a difference because the post time is still going to be there anyways.

(05-13-2019, 09:09 PM)1UP Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 08:29 PM)SkiMask Wrote: This is completely a vanity thing so no worries.
I was able to remove the edited time from it but I didn't see an easy way to move it somewhere else outside of editing the code. I don't think it really makes a difference because the post time is still going to be there anyways.
Hey, thanks! Looks better without it, IMO. Rather see the post time and nothing else and so I'm happy.

Also, I think Blonde had a point in that it would be nice to see the most recent post in a thread tailored to the user (35 page thread might've left off at page 26, workaround isn't applicable) but that most definitely has to probably be manipulated in the code so as to remember each user's place in a thread and something probably daunting to actually implement if not already part of the MyBB suite of goodies.

Any chance we can make it so that clicking the thread title on the "recent posts" module takes you to the last post in the thread?

(05-13-2019, 10:19 PM)hitman Wrote: Any chance we can make it so that clicking the thread title on the "recent posts" module takes you to the last post in the thread?

it appears to be working on the recent activity, just be sure to click "latest post" part

i also added social media links on the homepage except for FB because fuck FB

[Image: 7dm2cx5.png]
Here is another one at the specified dimensions, but I'm still not convinced that's the actual frame size and would like to know it specifically. I'll check MyBB forums I suppose...

Edit: "If you've make it 950px wide then you've to edit your container's width to 950px as well. "
(05-13-2019, 09:09 PM)1UP Wrote: I was able to remove the edited time from it but...
Couldn't help but notice it works for me but for Dizee it does not. Do you have to edit each person's profile to be that way then? What a chore.
[Image: hUvGedc.png]
Another image of the SOCOM logo in a PNG format (transparent background)
[Image: 001ENZh.png]
And another...

(05-14-2019, 01:56 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 09:09 PM)1UP Wrote: I was able to remove the edited time from it but...
Couldn't help but notice it works for me but for Dizee it does not. Do you have to edit each person's profile to be that way then? What a chore.

It's a site setting, user's don't get an option however Admin's might be exempt from it.

(05-13-2019, 10:50 PM)dizee Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 10:19 PM)hitman Wrote: Any chance we can make it so that clicking the thread title on the "recent posts" module takes you to the last post in the thread?

it appears to be working on the recent activity, just be sure to click "latest post" part

i also added social media links on the homepage except for FB because fuck FB

I didn't even realize "Last Post" was an active link.  Whoops

(05-14-2019, 01:56 PM)SkiMask Wrote: [Image: 7dm2cx5.png]
Here is another one at the specified dimensions, but I'm still not convinced that's the actual frame size and would like to know it specifically. I'll check MyBB forums I suppose...

Edit: "If you've make it 950px wide then you've to edit your container's width to 950px as well. "
[Image: hUvGedc.png]
Another image of the SOCOM logo in a PNG format (transparent background)
[Image: 001ENZh.png]
And another...

The problem with these is that they are going to be mostly cut off. Basically the focal point needs to be like how the battlefield dude is where you are going to see the most of the image

Cropped from the official Navy SEALs site:
[Image: 9ZNknry.png]

Cropped from an Act of Valor poster (alternate version): 
[Image: y1dv7y1.png]