Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site improvements

(05-15-2019, 06:42 PM)1UP Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 01:56 PM)SkiMask Wrote: Here is another one at the specified dimensions, but I'm still not convinced that's the actual frame size and would like to know it specifically. I'll check MyBB forums I suppose...

Edit: "If you've make it 950px wide then you've to edit your container's width to 950px as well. "
The problem with these is that they are going to be mostly cut off. Basically the focal point needs to be like how the battlefield dude is where you are going to see the most of the image
I get the gist but never received an answer on the specificity I was looking for so I stopped converting images until I knew exactly so as to have a better idea of the real dimensions. As I pointed out, your current image is already cut off because the container doesnt match the image as is. You basically had a couple of ways to deal...re-adjust container size to match or find the current and match (not from the image but the site code)

Hitman's images are pretty dope anyways so...change it!

(05-29-2019, 04:32 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 06:42 PM)1UP Wrote: The problem with these is that they are going to be mostly cut off. Basically the focal point needs to be like how the battlefield dude is where you are going to see the most of the image
I get the gist but never received an answer on the specificity I was looking for so I stopped converting images until I knew exactly so as to have a better idea of the real dimensions. As I pointed out, your current image is already cut off because the container doesnt match the image as is. You basically had a couple of ways to deal...re-adjust container size to match or find the current and match (not from the image but the site code)

Hitman's images are pretty dope anyways so...change it!

Text looks like shit right now but the image looks better. Someone is gonna have to either make a new text image or we can just go without. I don't think it will really matter all that much if it is gone.

(05-29-2019, 05:32 PM)1UP Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 04:32 PM)SkiMask Wrote: Hitman's images are pretty dope anyways so...change it!
Text looks like shit right now but the image looks better. Someone is gonna have to either make a new text image or we can just go without. I don't think it will really matter all that much if it is gone.
Yeah I hit up the usual suspects for the fonts to no avail. I have CS6 and not CC for Adobe so I couldn't "match font" to get one similar as it's only in the bloated sub model they offer and not the full suite that retails for 3k. I imagine we could almost even just use the SOCOM png logo reduced and layer it over the Hitman images if we wanted to be lazy and placehold it till something better comes along.

I'll whip up a logo when I get a chance

(05-29-2019, 07:04 PM)hitman Wrote: I'll whip up a logo when I get a chance
If ya want input I'd maybe reverse mirror the image used to put the character on the opposite side of the forum so the text doesn't conflict with the character. Did you also try the other one for Act of Valor? That one looked solid for a summer'esc shot. Also liked the multiple character look to that image. Just my .02

Thanks again for teaming up with 1UP and Dizee to make this a reality here. If I don't gush about it enough, many thanks dudes.

(05-29-2019, 10:48 PM)SkiMask Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 07:04 PM)hitman Wrote: I'll whip up a logo when I get a chance
If ya want input I'd maybe reverse mirror the image used to put the character on the opposite side of the forum so the text doesn't conflict with the character. Did you also try the other one for Act of Valor? That one looked solid for a summer'esc shot. Also liked the multiple character look to that image. Just my .02

Thanks again for teaming up with 1UP and Dizee to make this a reality here. If I don't gush about it enough, many thanks dudes.

I've done very, very little. 

And FYI, 1UP is the one changing it up - I'm just throwing ideas out, here. 

@1UP - see if you like either of these:

[Image: Copy4t7.png]

[Image: ImOFq8K.png]

Edit: I inserted the remotely hosted URL in the backend, to see how this would look. Not bad. A little more planning and a better layer mask for snow effects might look even better.

yeah it looks alot better

(05-30-2019, 11:44 PM)hitman Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 10:48 PM)SkiMask Wrote: If ya want input I'd maybe reverse mirror the image used to put the character on the opposite side of the forum so the text doesn't conflict with the character. Did you also try the other one for Act of Valor? That one looked solid for a summer'esc shot. Also liked the multiple character look to that image. Just my .02

I've done very, very little. 

And FYI, 1UP is the one changing it up - I'm just throwing ideas out, here. 

@1UP - see if you like either of these:

[Image: Copy4t7.png]

[Image: ImOFq8K.png]

Edit: I inserted the remotely hosted URL in the backend, to see how this would look. Not bad. A little more planning and a better layer mask for snow effects might look even better.
Well ya did pay for this and combined it so yeah thanks to ya both and Dizee for modding and staying on top the other shit. 

I still think maybe having the text over the character a bit busy but I like that its evolving from what it was. Also would like to try the Valor one cause it seems more appropriate and applicable. Snow effects would be cool too; would add that pop to the character.

Would like to embed Twitch videos like YouTube and the ability to select from the 'insert video' drop down to select Twitch and it actually work. Any chance of that in the coming months? TIA

(07-25-2019, 09:49 AM)SkiMask Wrote: Would like to embed Twitch videos like YouTube and the ability to select from the 'insert video' drop down to select Twitch and it actually work. Any chance of that in the coming months? TIA
This should already work:

It's always been apart of the drop down.

It should look like this:
Code:
[video=twitch]https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463698672[/video]