Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The upcoming success of Classic Wow & what it means for SOCOM

IDK if many of you keep up with twitch & world of warcraft but it is currently dominating the twitch top games charts. World of Warcraft classic is launching on 8/27 and right now a closed beta is going on and some people are streaming it. This game has the same naysayers that the S2 idiots spew, "oh this game wont work in 2019, the series is dead, nobody wants to play that kind of game anymore". Yet here we are, with Classic Wow dominating Twitch and people hyped to play it again. Asmongold is breaking Ninja's numbers STREAMING A BETA, he broke 100k the other day when I was watching him and unlike Ninja, hes actually deserving of the viewers he is getting

I played Wow from 2005 till like 2012 constantly and I am very excited about playing the game when it was incredible and before it went to shit. Vanilla/Classic Wow was a incredible game, just like S1/S2 were.

This could be the same story for SOCOM 1 or 2 if Sony stopped being stubborn jackasses and invested into those old games again with a remaster.

(05-23-2019, 06:03 PM)dizee Wrote: IDK if many of you keep up with twitch & world of warcraft but it is currently dominating the twitch top games charts. World of Warcraft classic is launching on 8/27 and right now a closed beta is going on and some people are streaming it. This game has the same naysayers that the S2 idiots spew, "oh this game wont work in 2019, the series is dead, nobody wants to play that kind of game anymore". Yet here we are, with Classic Wow dominating Twitch and people hyped to play it again. Asmongold is breaking Ninja's numbers STREAMING A BETA, he broke 100k the other day when I was watching him and unlike Ninja, hes actually deserving of the viewers he is getting

I played Wow from 2005 till like 2012 constantly and I am very excited about playing the game when it was incredible and before it went to shit. Vanilla/Classic Wow was a incredible game, just like S1/S2 were.

This could be the same story for SOCOM 1 or 2 if Sony stopped being stubborn jackasses and invested into those old games again with a remaster.

Well there is a massive difference. WoW never stopped being developed. It's not like socom where it's been dead for years. There's always been active development on the game. Socom also never had wow numbers EVER. It's really hard to compare the 2.

(05-23-2019, 06:05 PM)1UP Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 06:03 PM)dizee Wrote: IDK if many of you keep up with twitch & world of warcraft but it is currently dominating the twitch top games charts. World of Warcraft classic is launching on 8/27 and right now a closed beta is going on and some people are streaming it. This game has the same naysayers that the S2 idiots spew, "oh this game wont work in 2019, the series is dead, nobody wants to play that kind of game anymore". Yet here we are, with Classic Wow dominating Twitch and people hyped to play it again. Asmongold is breaking Ninja's numbers STREAMING A BETA, he broke 100k the other day when I was watching him and unlike Ninja, hes actually deserving of the viewers he is getting

Well there is a massive difference. WoW never stopped being developed. It's not like socom where it's been dead for years. There's always been active development on the game. Socom also never had wow numbers EVER. It's really hard to compare the 2.

True about the numbers and socom never being as big as wow was but it still is another case of a older game that could thrive in todays gaming environment if the proper support and care was given to it.

sony could easily get a couple hundred thousand people playing S1 or S2 on a consistent basis if they gave the proper remaster support it deserves. it is like turban said years ago, socom is like a game of pickup basketball. it never gets old and the formula doesnt need to be changed for it to continuing being fun.

I only briefly played WOW back in the day, but I am looking forward to this upcoming release.

Personally, I am getting a little tired of shooters, both traditional multiplayer and BR games.

I know several people who are getting this when it drops in August, and I think it sounds like it will be a nice change of pace. Honestly, one of the best aspects of Socom had nothing to do with the gameplay, and everything to do with the community and more specifically the group of people I played with on a regular basis. From what I have heard, that sense of community, and building up something like a guild was a large part of what kept people coming back to WOW, so I am interested in checking it out.